Have we got any players?

Eagletarian

Can we have an update?   Will Mark and Keith be pulling on the Eagles Jerseys next season?

In this update I cannot predict whether or not Mark and/or Keith will be pulling on one of the splendid O'Neills (all sponsors welcome)

Eagles jerseys.

A wonderful squad has been put together although at the moment ( last weeks at the Supporters Meeting ) it is one or two fewer than started the 2016 campaign.

The RFL do appear to have singled us out to be specially measured so the squad will not be announced as yet.

Jordan Cox,the former Hull KR and Warrington forward has garnered some publicity and he is one of the squad members.

Despite hysteria created by those sweet rugby league journalists,those who gain free entry to games,the club,despite the perfect storm which engulfed them,has not been deserted by the splendidly loyal players Mark Aston recruited for the last season.

Those that have remained have to be considered the most loyal of all.

As we have reached the time of year which is renowned for hope,there may be a few more silent nights,then I expect it to be all systems go...

It's the Keepmoat,Doncaster for the pre-season game on Sunday 22nd January - then Belle Vue,Wakefield for our home games for the start of the 2017 Championship campaign.

Oh,and as a show of loyalty at this most frustrating time,a player or two from earlier successful seasons have made a return.

It's all good,so far,so I hope you and your loved ones have a splendid Christmas time and we all have our best year ever in 2017.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

I know I'm a roughyed and three of yours came our way for the 2017 season, but I really hope that 2017 will be a good one for the eagles.Along with York,you've had a turmultuous closed season and I hope you can come back and maybe one day back home in Sheffield.Good luck for 2017,apart from against us obviously :-) .Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

• 2 weeks later...

In this update I cannot predict whether or not Mark and/or Keith will be pulling on one of the splendid O'Neills (all sponsors welcome)

Eagles jerseys.

A wonderful squad has been put together although at the moment ( last weeks at the Supporters Meeting ) it is one or two fewer than started the 2016 campaign.

The RFL do appear to have singled us out to be specially measured so the squad will not be announced as yet.

Jordan Cox,the former Hull KR and Warrington forward has garnered some publicity and he is one of the squad members.

Despite hysteria created by those sweet rugby league journalists,those who gain free entry to games,the club,despite the perfect storm which engulfed them,has not been deserted by the splendidly loyal players Mark Aston recruited for the last season.

Those that have remained have to be considered the most loyal of all.

As we have reached the time of year which is renowned for hope,there may be a few more silent nights,then I expect it to be all systems go...

It's the Keepmoat,Doncaster for the pre-season game on Sunday 22nd January - then Belle Vue,Wakefield for our home games for the start of the 2017 Championship campaign.

Oh,and as a show of loyalty at this most frustrating time,a player or two from earlier successful seasons have made a return.

It's all good,so far,so I hope you and your loved ones have a splendid Christmas time and we all have our best year ever in 2017.

In what way are you being "specially measured"?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived