Old Grey Wistle Test 1970s

I'm not sure the BBC kept recordings of everything that they produced. I know there are some well known cases where iconic progammes were recorded over.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Probably so. I know they definitely binned numerous radio sessions of legendary bands as there wasn't enough space. A lot of the people making these decisions weren't necessarily music fans just number crunchers and pruned as necessary.

I think Grim Reaper Futtocks has pointed out before now just how expensive it was to record and keep things "back in the day".

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

This is making me feel really old, looking at all these fresh faced bands.New York Dolls, Roxy and a very young looking Nick Lowe

I have seen Nick Lowe in concert about five times in the last ten years. He is still brilliant.

I'm not sure the BBC kept recordings of everything that they produced. I know there are some well known cases where iconic progammes were recorded over.

A lot of sport were lost as well because of that policy, notably Rugby League matches, including finals

Archived