Let's go London!

Just hoping London can have a great 2017 and get promoted back to SL. Yes the ground is an issue but I think once we get promoted some solutions can be sought to take care of that. 

Andrew Henderson is a great talent spotter and has brought in some fantastic players which include Junior Roqica and Will Lovell. Only weakness is I think we're a bit short in the half back positions and lack an organising half. 

2017 is gonna be a very interesting year in the Championship. Let's go Broncos!!

After a few years where work commitments and a young family have kept my weekends very full I have decided to plump for a Broncos season ticket this year.

I agree, it will be a very interesting comp... can't wait.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Hoping for a cautious, but winning, start.  Cunningham, Channing, Grant and Api out before the season start with 3 others still getting to full fitness.  I’m fascinated to see how Rovers prepare for Championship rugby remembering back to our first season in it and how we underestimated, and on many occasions, were completely outplayed by some teams in it.  We should do well again and get into the playoffs this season too.  Injuries could hamper any progression from then.

Just hoping London can have a great 2017 and get promoted back to SL. Yes the ground is an issue but I think once we get promoted some solutions can be sought to take care of that.

Andrew Henderson is a great talent spotter and has brought in some fantastic players which include Junior Roqica and Will Lovell. Only weakness is I think we're a bit short in the half back positions and lack an organising half.

2017 is gonna be a very interesting year in the Championship. Let's go Broncos!!

Totally agree that Andrew Henderson has given the impression that he can be a top class coach, but is that Enough?

I think that the blueprint for success was drawn up by Derek Beaumont, if as an owner you really want that success you have to pay for it. Just being the best in the Championship as we all know is not enough as his team prooved in '15, he had to dig much deeper into his pockets which he was prepared to do in '16 and his gamble paid off.

Over to you Mr Hughes, this coming year he has to be prepared to dig deeper than Mr Hudgell at HKR, then compete with the SL bosses in the middle 8's, quite literally, any team that wants that success enough will have to be savvy enough and prepared to spend enough to bring in experienced SL players at the right time, Wakefield did it in '15 to survive, and Leigh did it last year to succeed.

And, after watching the hour long interview with Eric Perez/Dave Woods (avaiable on youtube) he is well prepared to finance the Toronto team in '18 to accomplish his goal, I don't see anyone going up this coming season, and Toronto gaining promotion in '18.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

As a London season ticket holder I sincerely hope David Hughes doesn't flash unsustainable amounts of cash chasing promotion.

The club isn't ready to go up on or off the pitch. The long term future of RL down south should be the goal now, not chasing one or two seasons in the sun funded by a man well into pensionable age with no obvious secondary source of funding.

As a London season ticket holder I sincerely hope David Hughes doesn't flash unsustainable amounts of cash chasing promotion.

The club isn't ready to go up on or off the pitch. The long term future of RL down south should be the goal now, not chasing one or two seasons in the sun funded by a man well into pensionable age with no obvious secondary source of funding.

Very well put Ivarr,

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Couple of questions, how do we know the amounts of cash that DH may or may not flash is unsustainable! How do we know what mr hughes' income streams are?

Not sure why some folk seem to dislike Mr Hughes spending his money so much.

It's just what every other Rugby league club do!

Couple of questions, how do we know the amounts of cash that DH may or may not flash is unsustainable! How do we know what mr hughes' income streams are?

Very True but there's no point in throwing good money after bad. London are in a period of transition off the field as well as on. They don't have the set up for SL either on or off the pitch and it would take plenty more of DH's money to get them anywhere near. Whether he has the amount needed or the inclination to spend even more is his business and his alone but I'd hate to see LB go for the big time when they aren't ready for it and end up in deep financial trouble.

rldfsignature.jpg

You cannot run a professional Superleague team on the gates London get, that's obvious. It's even worse for London as they rent a ground and have no obvious non match day income stream and may well not get all match day incomes - the bar take probably goes to Ealing for example.

It is quite clear then that the club would be unsustainable if he did splash the cash for promotion and either got bored or worse.

The club has written off £3m not that long ago, £1.5m of which was taxpayers money. Please let's not do that again.

I agree a lot of other clubs do it but given David has been seeking other investment from the day he bought out Branson there doesn't appear to be a queue of willing investors come the day David steps aside. No plan reliant on his money can be considered viable in the long run.

I am not against them getting promotion. What I would be against is them moving again to a stadium far bigger than their requirements at the moment. Last season was my favourite season for a long time. Let's build on that but at the same time not get carried away?

Obviously if a really big investor comes in for the long term then great but there has to be a plan B

Archived