Gaz Owen

m brooksy

Well i'm surprised. Thought Neal or Langtree would get it as leaders of the pack. Sammy Gee and Leatherbarrow as vice captains as well. Will be interesting as Owen seems a very different sort of leader compared to Palfrey.  

Good luck Gaz.

I reckoned the captain would come from one of the players who spend most time on the field of play.  So I was thinking about the half-backs and maybe one of the forwards who put in long shifts.  I'd dismissed the hookers due to the in-game rotation but since Scott is happy for his captain to spend time off the field during the game, Gaz is an ideal choice.  

An Oldhamer leading out an Oldham side.  That'll do for me :)

A lot of decisions on the field are made following messages from the sidelines so in that respect it doesn't matter who is captain. Scott has highlighted the fact that he is also club captain and that seems to be more important.

There are a number of players who will have things to say when out on the pitch if the need arises so lets just give our full support.

As has been said it is an Oldhamer leading out an Oldham side.

Can't wait.

Archived