The bookies odds are in

Parkside are/should win that league they won't have it there own way like the last couple of seasons, premier is too hard but surely you can't look past the usual suspects. Div 2 is hard also I'd say anyone of 5 could take the title and div 3 is pot luck, Woolston and stanningly will be there or there abouts not sure it says anything about the strength of the yml. Pennine premier over last 10yr was way above level of yml last year

11 hours ago, usain bolt said:

West hull will push siddal this year again, they'll miss windley who has signed pro, but the 5 players from dockers will strengthen them up

5 from Dockers,must be splashing the cash again to buy another Premiership.

15 hours ago, johnmatrix said:

Parkside are/should win that league they won't have it there own way like the last couple of seasons, premier is too hard but surely you can't look past the usual suspects. Div 2 is hard also I'd say anyone of 5 could take the title and div 3 is pot luck, Woolston and stanningly will be there or there abouts not sure it says anything about the strength of the yml. Pennine premier over last 10yr was way above level of yml last year

West bowling won the YML last year, theyve gone into NCL3 as the bookies favourites.

To me thats paying a respect to the sides that competed with them last year as several beat them.

Div2 wide open will very much depend on recruitment

Yeah I mean obviously I'm biased but based on the performance the boys put in against Oxford RL on Sunday, with a few significant players missing and it been the first competitive fixture in 3 months, I can't see anyone other the Hunslet CP finishing top of that league. 

The recruitment has been spot on in the off season with Danny Rowse coming over, joining his dad who has took on the head coach role, to link up with Andrew Hullock in the halves. Then former East Leeds prop Luke Petman adding to what is already a formidable forward pack. There's a couple more too which will definitely add some depth to the first team squad and plenty pushing from the YML side to get a chance in the NCL. 

Game against Hunslet RLFC (Hawks) on 29th Should be a cracker! 

39 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah I mean obviously I'm biased but based on the performance the boys put in against Oxford RL on Sunday, with a few significant players missing and it been the first competitive fixture in 3 months, I can't see anyone other the Hunslet CP finishing top of that league. 

The recruitment has been spot on in the off season with Danny Rowse coming over, joining his dad with has took on the head coach role, to link up with Andrew Hullock in the halves. Then former East Leeds prop Luke Petman adding to what is already a formidable forward pack. There's a couple more too which will definitely add some depth to the first team squad and plenty pushing from the YML side to get a chance in the NCL. 

Some top quality recruitment there, and a great result against pro opposition. It'll be interesting how rowse senior goes, he ventured over to Hunslet Warriors the other year, which didn't last too long.

On January 17, 2017 at 0:10 PM, Luckyno7 said:

No disrespect to the 5 but they hardly served dockers well last year did they!

Siddal will be hard to beat once again in my opinion.

Still strengthens the squad up, the dockers weren't strong enough over the season to stay up but still had a few good quality players, with prem rugby experience.

i agree, wouldn't bet against siddal, they'll be there about a again.

1 hour ago, usain bolt said:

Some top quality recruitment there, and a great result against pro opposition. It'll be interesting how rowse senior goes, he ventured over to Hunslet Warriors the other year, which didn't last too long.

Thanks UB - I don't claim to know the full ins and outs of what happened with both Sr and Jr Rowse over at the Warriors, but from what I do know we certainly aren't concerned there will be the same issues at our club. 

2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

The recruitment has been spot on in the off season with Danny Rowse coming over, joining his dad who has took on the head coach role, to link up with Andrew Hullock in the halves. Then former East Leeds prop Luke Petman adding to what is already a formidable forward pack. There's a couple more too which will definitely add some depth to the first team squad and plenty pushing from the YML side to get a chance in the NCL. 

Are you aware of what division your YML side will feature in? or what level you feel they should be featuring?

1 hour ago, Luckyno7 said:

Are you aware of what division your YML side will feature in? or what level you feel they should be featuring?

I'm not sure to be honest - there's usually a couple of drafts before the final leagues are set but not seen any as yet. With us winning Div 3 last year naturally they'll be up to at least Div 2 but I honestly think they'll be way too strong for that league too so I'd hope they could be bumped up to Div 1. Running a 3rd team too but I think they'll just play in the Entry league. 

4 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Thanks UB - I don't claim to know the full ins and outs of what happened with both Sr and Jr Rowse over at the Warriors, but from what I do know we certainly aren't concerned there will be the same issues at our club. 

Hope you do well, ncl 1 is a tough league, sure you'll have a great season and be knocking on the prem door come seasons end. The 2 rowses are quality names to add to your group, plus pettman will add strength and size to your already huge team.

which teams do you expect to be in competition with for top spot, lock lane losing rowse will probably weaken them but also add a bit of spice to the tie with the connections, plus dockers are a strong outfit along with Fev lions and normanton who are usually very strong at home.

13 hours ago, usain bolt said:

Hope you do well, ncl 1 is a tough league, sure you'll have a great season and be knocking on the prem door come seasons end. The 2 rowses are quality names to add to your group, plus pettman will add strength and size to your already huge team.

which teams do you expect to be in competition with for top spot, lock lane losing rowse will probably weaken them but also add a bit of spice to the tie with the connections, plus dockers are a strong outfit along with Fev lions and normanton who are usually very strong at home.

Yeah I think we recognised this season will be the first year we won't get everything our own way and whilst we have a lot more to our game than just a big mobile forward pack, getting in another top half to link up with Andrew Hullock was essential so Danny Rowse certainly fills that void. 

All the teams you've mentioned will be up there I'd expect, throw in a Leeds derby v Milford and games against our 'friends' at Warriors and it's a very difficult league. We're confident we can do the business once again, as i'm sure other teams are, but we know last season we stole a couple of results here and there and can't afford to do that this year so a good start is essential to set the tone. 

11 hours ago, johnmatrix said:

Is Jamie Bradley gonna be playing everyweek? Top player

I hope so mate - he's back in full training but didn't play in the friendly v Oxford and won't play against Hunslet RLFC either. One thing is for sure, if he's fit he'll be playing no doubt about that. 

16 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I'm not sure to be honest - there's usually a couple of drafts before the final leagues are set but not seen any as yet. With us winning Div 3 last year naturally they'll be up to at least Div 2 but I honestly think they'll be way too strong for that league too so I'd hope they could be bumped up to Div 1. Running a 3rd team too but I think they'll just play in the Entry league. 

Division 2 mate. first draft of leagues out this morning

On 16 January 2017 at 2:21 PM, Luckyno7 said:

Hunslet parkside printing money at 5/2.

Suprising west bowling only 3/1 favourites for division 3.

That highlights the strength of the yorkshire premier league.

Crosfields were at 16/1 when the odds were released before the season for division three. 

I I think the further you go down the divisions the bigger variances you get 

Archived