The Bradford Thread

tandle

according to the Bradford telegraph&argus the consortium wanting to purchase the Bradford bulls have had their offer rejected. what strikes me as funny is that the rfl fully backed the bid so have the administrators finally realised just what a pile of idiots the are dealing with welcome to rugby league.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking a bit iffy for the Bulls.The next day or so will probably be crucial for them.My thoughts are with the paid individuals at the club,their jobs are on the line and my thoughts are with them.I hope for their sakes,something can be sorted,people's jobs are at risk.

Accordingly the Board has agreed that the wider interests of the sport is best satisfied if it offers a place in the Kingstone Press Championship to any new club in Bradford and that such a club start the 2017 season on minus twelve points. - See more at: http://www.rugby-league.com/kingstone_press_leagues/article/39121/rfl-statement-bradford-bulls#sthash.feVhXuKo.dpuf

RFL going against it's own rules by the look of it. A club in admin can be deducted points but now they are deducting points from a new club that doesn't even exist yet.

Wonder if the new club will be getting central funding as well.

All a bit of a mess with the new season only weeks away.

Really unjust that.

Incentivises teams to be liquidated.

Makes you think.

Not sure it incentivises in this circumstance as the person who put them into liquidation was the owner who was trying to use liquidation to get his money back (I think thats how its going) before HMRC etc. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I have mixed feelings but there are some hints that the RFL have manoeuvred round the liquidation in a way that gets new owners but doesn't give money to the person who got the bulls into trouble.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I have mixed feelings but there are some hints that the RFL have manoeuvred round the liquidation in a way that gets new owners but doesn't give money to the person who got the bulls into trouble.

Yep - it'll be a brand new company/club. The old debt dies with the old club and the new club starts from scratch with whatever it can raise in funds to capitalise the new venture. Minus 12 is a big deficit to turn round. Could nudge 'em towards the trapdoor.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Pardon the pun but being allowed to reform in the Championship is bull**** , we never had that luxury it was straight through the trap door for us , same as with Rangers in Scotland.

Shame people lose their jobs but I don't like how Bradford get this favourable treatment, hopefully we won't be on the receiving end when the season finishes !

Yep - it'll be a brand new company/club. The old debt dies with the old club and the new club starts from scratch with whatever it can raise in funds to capitalise the new venture. Minus 12 is a big deficit to turn round. Could nudge 'em towards the trapdoor.

Staying in the championship might be part of a deal with the potential new club?  Big points 'fine' to keep other clubs happy.  Just speculation.

Gets rid of the old owner, gets new owner in without giving the old owner any money, doesn't mess up the fixtures etc?

another club will be formed in Bradford I have no doubt but it must be in championship 1 and like us in 1997 no money and not allowed to compete in any cups.   I also think  it should be Whitehaven to be reinstated if I was their lawyers I would be watching this very closely.    mind you I think we can put our full trust in the rfl in this matter.

Is the final sentence above tongue in cheek?

No doubt in any fair minded person that we feel for the Bulls but rules are rules and they must be relegated into league one and Whitehaven reinstated.

To help the Bulls even more - deduct 12 points but every try they score is worth 10 points and they get 3 points for a lose.

The only reason the RFL have allowed this reinstatement into the Champ is because of Odsal I bet,otherwise the RFL are left with a lease that wouldn't be paid for by the tenant club. Something's wrong with this whole scenario, we all want Bradford to survive but like people have said it should be as a newco in Champ 1 with no central funding,same as what we had to do.I thought member clubs had to vote to readmit a club? Could be wrong on that but even so something definitely stinks with this charade.

Not that bothered about the administrator, RFL or anyone else tbh.I feel absolutely gutted for the employees and players who now find themselves without a job,also the fans who pay their attendance fees to watch their beloved club.These people are the only innocent ones in this mess. It's reminiscent of when we went belly up,we all know how the fans will be feeling at the moment.Hopefully a Bradford can be born just like us.I'm sure they could do it with the amount of supporters they have.What with Bradford,Sheffield and the York city knights,the game doesn't need this.

Couldn't afford them pal. All full time their lads.

MR totally agree about the fans and players, tbf on the forums and rlfans forum especially, Bradford fans don't want this solution the RFL have fabricated, they want a new club from the ground up in Champ 1 and not play at Odsal. Seems like the RFL have other ideas, that's what leads me to think the key to this sordid conclusion is the millstone round the RFL's neck of Odsal, the lease that is actually owned by money from every member club in RL. Seems to me that the RFL are trying to safeguard the investment of Odsal and to hell with Bradford per se, just convenient to put them in the Champ so they can pay the rent.

I genuinely hope that the players can find employment elsewhere and the fans can find some comfort in the way we have come back from the dead. Its possible for them to become a strong club in time, but in some ways with a -12 deduction, no players at the moment and perhaps having to pick up any players available,the championship next season for them could become a slow death and end up in Champ 1 anyway.

just heard on bbc news that the rfl have issued a statement that they are keeping a position open in the championship for a newly formed Bradford team but they will be deducted 12 point. the rfl are committed to a lease with Bradford council and need someone to sub let to and recoup their costs so who better than a new Bradford club in the championship a conflict of interests I think I never thought rugby league could stoop so low.

Archived