welcone to Town Scott

GMcK

3 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

I turned up just before kick off so I didn't have a clue who was who. It didn't help that those with names on their back weren't even in the right shirts, and the announcer didn't say who was being subbed.

Who was the full back and in the 14 shirt? They both played well.

Scott Rooke and Sam Dowsett

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

I turned up just before kick off so I didn't have a clue who was who. It didn't help that those with names on their back weren't even in the right shirts, and the announcer didn't say who was being subbed.

Who was the full back and in the 14 shirt? They both played well.

I think 14 was Sam Dowsett, an excellent contribution.

Thanks lads.

I can't decide what to make of today. Most of it was ordinary with a few bright glimpses. But then are the Widnes under 19s a decent team or a poor team in comparison to who we will be facing in the league? Some of our lads looked younger than theirs! 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Most of todays players wont be first 17 , some will become squad players if signed , all in all a nice hit out against a young widnes side but a full time squad all the same . Were some of the new lads and old in their actual squad numbers as it seemed so ?

One thing that was pleasing today was the crowd,don't know how many was there but looked quite a few, fearon like a few others looked like they need bigger tops ordered(that's being kind)

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Who was 16 he looked strong 2nd half? Rooke looks a great prospect he's not big but quick assured and elusive.  Liam Woods got some work rate he never stopped and didn't look tired when they took him off . Not sure if Singleton's a secondrow he's got a good burst of speed. 

I'm none the wiser tbh but they all looked hungry to impress and got better as a team as the game went on. 

Seems we have a cracking full back in Rooke, don't know who the 15 was but he was impressive as were 14 & 16. The young lanky winger has a great step and speed to burn. Chamberlain looks the part. For a team playing together for the first time thats got to be pleasing especially the way the they improved 2nd half and would have won it had it gone on another 5 mins and maybe another minute if the tackle count had gone back to one as it should have done. I could see it so why couldn't the officials? Not sure about the some of the props on show though; weight in the wrong places.

Not sure how they are going to fare against the hard nosed top teams but looking better than I expected. Enough there to keep me interested.

PS I shouldn't get too excited about the crowd just yet there were plenty there from Widnes

One game against a team of kids means it's way to early for me to make any judgment on players either way, one thing is certain , we need some experience and quality to get the best out of any young inexperienced players we have, hopefully with what we have to come in. plus the apparent new signings , these lads will have every opportunity to grab the opportunity our situation as given them.

15 hours ago, townie88 said:

How did Fearon look when he came on? Is the lad up to fitness? And how did tom currently do? 

Town signed Fearon early after last season finished, I would hope he has been on a training plan over the winter, but it doesn't look like it.

Did anyone else think Jamie Doran couldn't get any bigger than last season, but has?

Rugby League must be a great game to survive the fools at the RFL who run it.

Looking at the squad we could do with some reinforcement at prop , preferably an experienced leader . I wonder if big Alex will feature more there this year as well ? Hopefully he stays fit and available for starters as he's an old head at this level in a young squad 

35 minutes ago, PLD said:

Town signed Fearon early after last season finished, I would hope he has been on a training plan over the winter, but it doesn't look like it.

Did anyone else think Jamie Doran couldn't get any bigger than last season, but has?

Let's not go over this Jamie Doran weight ###### again, he's a stocky build and always will be and his contribution should be judged about what he does with the ball. On yesterdays performance I think Jamie ,Callum and Buffer will.be disappointed with a few o the last tackle plays but it was a blow out that was needed and served its purpose.

2 hours ago, Ginock1 said:

Let's not go over this Jamie Doran weight ###### again, he's a stocky build and always will be and his contribution should be judged about what he does with the ball. On yesterdays performance I think Jamie ,Callum and Buffer will.be disappointed with a few o the last tackle plays but it was a blow out that was needed and served its purpose.

why not, people around me were making the same comments, so are we not allowed to discuss?

Rugby League must be a great game to survive the fools at the RFL who run it.

Archived