Town team

Workington my life

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Workington my life. 

The board is building for the future.

If you have any recommendations please let me know and we'll have a look in discussion with their community club. A lot of the young lads today were a product of Cumbria Storm although they had been through the Seaton set up . I would argue very strongly about it being a joke. Cheers . Gary

Don't get a chance or don't want to come? There's been more than a fair share from a lot of different amateur clubs in recent times. Scholey, forester,  Rooney,  dawes from maryport. Luckock from glasson, think coward came from hensingham john Patrick played for cockermouth. I'm sure the list goes on and on. Bit unfair to say it's just seaton lads who get the chance

I can assure you that Seaton players are not the only ones being contacted to train with Town, in fact if we are being honest, some of the players currently attached to our club are in my opinion not good enough to be, however I admire anyone who wants test himself at an higher level and hopefully one or two might prove me wrong.

That's definitely going to be the case and the cream will rise to the top and I think you saw yesterday that people like Rooke, Dowsett,Singleton, Curwen and Ritchie will excel in the environment whilst maybe Mewse,Southward etc are the victims of the area not having an u19team so get thrust into an environment there not probably quite ready for. Either way the amateurs will have a taste of what it takes and if they have the ability the rest will be up to them. 

Youngsters from other clubs and who didn't play for cumbria storm haven't been asked to go at train with the squad is that what the future is going to be if you don't play for cumbria storm or seaton you don't get a chance. Mewse was the best trailest that played yesterday out of the youngsters. But as I say there is other there age who have maybe played better but cause they haven't played for storm

1 hour ago, Workington my life said:

Youngsters from other clubs and who didn't play for cumbria storm haven't been asked to go at train with the squad is that what the future is going to be if you don't play for cumbria storm or seaton you don't get a chance. Mewse was the best trailest that played yesterday out of the youngsters. But as I say there is other there age who have maybe played better but cause they haven't played for storm

if i'm not mistaken youngsters from all over Cumbria who played for Cumbria storm did so because of the RFL pathway and were chosen because they were considered as Cumbrias top prospects in their age group so isnt it natural they would be looked at first ?

In 2003 all Seaton had was one open age team. We now have the most youth players in the county with a team at every age group.

all down to hard work. The lads worked hard as youth, worked at hard cumbria storm and took the chance to train with town when others didnt. 

The young lads who played yesterday are all 17/18 years old yet it showed the lure of playing for town is still there. In a couple of years when they physically mature they will be real good players 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

7 hours ago, Onreport said:

Was Mewse on left wing? if so I thought he looked decent, can only get better with experience, good kick off touch line also

Yes, Kieran Mewse was on the left wing thought he had a good game.

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

8 hours ago, Workington my life said:

Please name some names or stop bleating on about Seaton players! It's wearing a bit thin. 

There's Jordan and Andy ostle from Ellenborough who played well and consistently over last couple of years with there unders doing well helping open age out Flimby with players such as Ethan Williams who played well but got no recognition then Broughton who have a very young new team have had a lot of young lads having to step up into their open age with Ashley Smith Liam Ostle Jonathan cubby and James Beck all playing well and consistent and what I hear James picked up most trophies from there clubs presentation last 2 year but also equipped have club and a number of good young players like Kells is a very young strong team who could all be worth a look at

It's obvious by the names you are banding about that you have not got much idea what is needed to play professional RL.

For the top players the step up is huge, so for the young lads your are proposing the jump would be enormous, let these young lads find there feet at amateur level.

To be fair to Seaton the lads that played the trial game were products of the Storm academy side which Dave Clark coached. also the lads were a big part of the under 16s team which was successful a couple of years ago.

However I do agree with the Jordan Ostle statement quality player especially for his age, but I would say him staying with his amateur club is for development reasons. There is many players at Seaton who weren't trialists at the weekend who I believe are good enough if developed properly too. So that critic is harsh, I'm not a Seaton lad but you've got to clap your hands at the fact there developing good talent as the game up here is supposedly dying and if that's the case its that club keeping our future alive.

Archived