NRL SUPERCOACH 2017 TotalRLSCLeague17 FINAL POSITIONS ...TOTAL POINTS and HEAD2HEAD Chat Here; 2018 EARLY CHAT/NEWS

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I was struggling as well.

It could have been worse.

I don't think I'll get a great score , but one or two players have come to my rescue and I seem to be going to get a score that is bigger than the projected score.

Still not the belting start I wanted.

All my squad ended up playing, though some were fingers crossed selctions.

Oh and though I didn't use him, Jai Field managed a magnificent 3 points

My score was 888 - With two players letting me down :

Tom Trbojevic only getting 34 as my captain meaning that doubled to 68 a poor effort but cant blame Tommy he just never really got going in a brutal encounter.

Jesse Bromwich only getting 11 and going off injured hurt me badly as he was projected to get 65.

Content with that score but had suli on the bench who got 103 so could have cracked 1,000 with a bit of luck. 

Have just seen the rankings i am 453 points behind 1st place. Really my score of 888 is a par score but one i'l take with a bit of luck i should have cracked 1,000 but have made 2 trades now. 

Bromwich out - De Belin in 

Cartwright out - J.Trbojevic in

983 for me, happy with that.  I now remember how frustrating this game is.  

Bromwich and Pythion bit the dust week 1 so 2 forced trades needed.  Regretting not including Teddy into my initial squad but I can't see a way of getting him in now.  The choice of JT rather than SJ as captain backfired along with Suli sat on the pine with 103 gone begging.

On the positive side Matagi, Pearce, Kaufusi, Lamb, Vaughan and RTS all going well.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

Managed 1,054 this week which isn't bad going at all. A solid start! RTS as captain wasn't bad but SJ or Teddy would have got an extra 50 points for me, and a couple of my non picked subs scored higher than those I chose, so a bit of luck and I could have added an extra 100 in total. 

Slotted Moses Suli into the side as starter at about 4:30 am on Friday morning (the benefits of a 1 year old that still doesn't sleep though the night!) once he was confirmed in the Wests team. That turned out to be a masterstroke given he scored 103!

J Brom going down hurt me, need to get an update on Mannerings injury too.

Need to have a think whether to keep JBrom for the 3/4 weeks he's out injured or do I trade to someone like Taumalolo, and hopefully be able to get JBrom back in to the side using cash earned from the cheapies price rises. I don't really have a suitable replacement for him in my current squad, although some shuffling between front row and 2nd Row means I could probably get by without too much damage to scores.

SJ as captain bailed me out. I had Latrell Mitchell but for some reason with Croker injured I got rid of Mitchell as well. Mitchell ls going back in. Debating why to hold on to Proctor or let him go. Bryce Cartwright can his head be in the right place at the mo.

So I'm looking 40 transfers in one week;)

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Please Click on image to enlarge for easier viewing:

58bd8ff514806_SCPointsAfterR12017.thumb.jpg.10c809fdb1726f7d85efdede0adf1bcf.jpg

Congratulation to David and Brad both the only ones of us to get more than 1,000 points in this opening round.

Anyone getting over 900 will probably feel that given the difficulties just putting together a squad, plus a few non-starters and injuries, your probably feel you came out of that OK.

N.B. It's very early days yet!

If you are new and feel at a loss, I can just advise you to look at the top scoring teams in the whole competition and see if you can't move in that direction gradually evolving your team given the changes you can make each week. Remember though you need to have trades in hand to cover injuries, bye rounds and rep rounds.

Any other general advice anyone?

Was disappointed with 919. I consider 1000 to be a pass mark. 

Smack bang middle ground for our league though so I'll take it on the chin.

I'll look at trades tomorrow.

I didn't start as well as last season.

I do think it was tougher to sort a side out. There were more shots in the dark this season IMO.

I also think the Round 1 games were just a little more unpredictable than last season.

Our tipping showed scores generally down on 2016 first round scoring.

2 hours ago, Graham said:

To whom it may concern/polite and friendly request dear pals:

Come on let's all have a team badge/logo.

There's too many black circle teams.

Let's bring some colour and style to our teams.

Click on the circle on your own SC page and have a go.

You know you want to...

Haha, ive been thinking the same!!

Not a good start for a lot of us, but this is what Supercoach is all about. Initially, I was thinking that I needed to trade out JBrom, but after finding out that he'll only be out for two weeks, I'm thinking of holding him. Would just seem like a waste of a trade/unnecessary trade. 

If I had Cartwright in my team, I wouldn't be trading him out just yet. I'd give him at least the 3 rounds before prices change. I think the same can be said for all Panther guns, they had a shocker as a team.

I ended up making the 2 trades. I'm making room for Teddy. Should've paid up from the start.

Yeah, I have Carty and will not be trading him out. Madness to do so if you ask me. Teddy is a must have, but I don't think I can get him in. I have RTS and Phythian (the Python).

22 minutes ago, CGD said:

Phythian did his ACL, didn't he? Real shame, I was impressed with what little I've seen of him.

I have RTS and Hayne, but Hayne is going for Teddy next week.

He did yeah and is out for the season. I need to try and get Teddy in but just don't know how I can. 

After much deliberation I have decided to not make trades this week.  Looks like Bromwich will only be out for a couple of weeks so I will hold him.  The options of both Brailey or Kaiser Pritchard to replace Pythion at hooker don't appeal so I'll leave it for now.  Pythion could come in handy for the vc loop anyway.

I would dearly love to bring Tedesco into my line up but that may have to wait a week or too.  I just hope he doesn't go beserk in the meantime.

So the same team as last week with Matagi replacing Bromwich and the revelation Suli in for the underwhelming Whare in CTW.

May the supercoach gods be with you!

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

I'm holding JBrom too. I have Ponga so I might bring in Suli because of the cash he'll make and I might trade out J McGuire for Taumalolo. Not sure if there's much sense in that but there's good feeling that Taumalolo will simply score better than McGuire. His base/PPM last week was impressive. One tempting trade is Keary in for Hayne, but it's too early to part ways with Hayne. He could come good. 

Archived