Knights match day experience - fan feedback

Gav Wilson

Now the dust has settled on our first game of 2017 at Bootham Crescent, we turn our attentions to our next visitors - Ladbrokes Challenge Cup holders Hull FC on Monday 13th February (7.30pm), and the Kingstone Press League 1 season beyond.

We at York City Knights would love to hear from you, our fans, about the match day experience at Bootham Crescent this season - the good, bad and ugly!

What do you enjoy about watching the Knights at Bootham Crescent? What changes would you make if any? What could we do better?

The Knights will always strive to improve the match day experience for everyone and your views are really important to us! I'm sure you're well aware that we have FREE season tickets and match day tickets to anyone under the age of 16, to encourage our future fans (and hopefully players!) to come and see their hometown heroes in action. If you have any other suggestions to help us improve, then please let us know!

#WeAreYork :D 

15977529_975884052545016_653448771382588

I hesitated before putting this post on here because of all the good things and hard work going on at the Knights at the moment I don't like to criticise

but you did ask! My friends and I like to have a chat and a bit of a catch up at half time but last Sunday we found it almost impossible

owing to the "racket" coming from the loud speakers. I use the word "racket" because that's what it sounded like to me. You certainly

couldn't call it music. It would be much appreciated by the people who I know at the games if it was turned down by at least half.

Whilst I'm on here, can I ask when will we receive our season tickets?

A big thank you to Fordy, Jon Flatman, Mark Campbell and all the other people involved for all the good things happening so far and

please keep up the excellent work! To say it is very much appreciated seems to be an understatement.

• 3 weeks later...

If the announcer was better today he must have been sh-te last week, totally poor today, pa. system kept going off and on, volume way to high on music and microphone.turn it down to stop it breaking up, or find someone who knows how to use a microphone.

bigian.gif

115228698657540.gif

The tannoy systems at the majority of grounds is shocking. They are an utter waste of time. Doesn't anyone in charge step out onto the field and get an earful of what the spectators are having to put up with? The decibel rate must be way above the legal health limit.

Is the strange 'poster' programme (plus teamsheet) going to be York's standard offering this season? Or was it a one-off for a cup-tie against amateur opposition? Have York given up on issuing 'proper' programmes? The odd blip apart, the PA seemed OK yesterday. Must say, the stewards at BC are very polite.

I buy a programme every week purely to help the club but having a team sheet yesterday was brilliant and I hope that the practice continues. I heard every word the announcer said and it was a great improvement. 'Music' still too loud though. I thought the taking of a souvenir photograph of both teams together was a nice touch after such a feisty encounter.

4 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Is the strange 'poster' programme (plus teamsheet) going to be York's standard offering this season? Or was it a one-off for a cup-tie against amateur opposition? Have York given up on issuing 'proper' programmes? The odd blip apart, the PA seemed OK yesterday. Must say, the stewards at BC are very polite.

That was just a one off mate. We'll be having something much more substantial for the League 1 season.

Music & mike still too loud, if he would turn it down a bit it would stop it clipping (norman collier style) + hold the microphone properly. We to the right of the announcers box and we only get half of what your saying. 

bigian.gif

115228698657540.gif

Archived