Toulouse v Bulldogs

Batley Bob

Taking 19 is the norm now with 2 on standby.

There's a few garlic munchers in that squad which is refreshing to see rather than second rate aussies and folk who were conceived by their parents on romantic paris trips!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Get in their faces, they don't like aggression. Don't get sucked into their whining games - begging the ref for penalties at every PTB/following the ref around. They don't like it when they don't get things their own way - and they start to lose both their shape and their discipline when the opposition gets on top of them.

Good luck to the Gallant Youths - show 'em how it's done.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

15 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

RFL season launch today too , not seen our squad anywhere yet

IMG_0614.JPG

I see the picture was taken up at the mount.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

11 hours ago, RogerT said:

It's now 01.09 on Friday morning but still no sign of a squad list even on the RFL site, cor stone me.

Had a dream last night Roger , that this was our 19 Squad:

Scott reittie hallett smeaton Hayward ainscough southernwood brambani walker rowe leak chandler day manning hill harrison brown davey lillycrop

IMG_0583.JPG

I thought this was a really tough season opener for the Bulldogs but Toulouse have lost both their starting and bench hookers to injury, plus one of their starting props (and one of their other interchange props from last year, Samy Masselot, is no longer with the club). It sounds like they will have a young and inexperienced front row and there must be a chance Batley's strong pack will overwhelm them.

5 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Had a dream last night Roger , that this was our 19 Squad:

Scott reittie hallett smeaton Hayward ainscough southernwood brambani walker rowe leak chandler day manning hill harrison brown davey lillycrop

IMG_0615.JPGTeam has arrived and had a training session on pitch

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0583.JPG

Getting giddy already! Could I ask a favour of any Batley fan at the game tomorrow just to have a look round and see if there are any TV cameras? It could be that the game is being shown on a French TV channel (I don't know if Toulouse have a TV deal) but evidence of cameras will at least spur me on to search the various streams  to see if I can find the Gallent Youths in action!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived