Sheffield Game

jroyales

I think Bryan is closer to the truth. The first 10-15 mins was poor but as soon as we got into the game we were dominant. Should have had three more tries in the first half alone if we hadn't dropped the ball over the line. Spencer got MOTM and was fantastic but I had Neal and Hewitt as our best with Jack and Langers not far behind. Hewitt is a super player when he threatens the line and Neal was fantastic at prop playing huge minutes as usual.

Egodo looks a talent and worked extraordinarily hard and looked knackered by the end but you can tell he still has a lot to learn. That error straight from the scrum which led to their second try could have been a pivotal moment for them. Gilly isn't a winger but Grimmer's defence was crucial at centre today even though he couldn't seem to hold onto the ball. Leatherbarrow seemed a bit off throughout the game and keeping Hughes off the pitch for too long seemed a strange move to me.

Ref has a shocker. Two shoulder charges were just pens but Turner and Blackmore squaring up were yellows? Yere tackles Egodo in the air and just a pen? Campbell lost control of the game especially in the first half.

Danny Langtree is an absolutely superb player. Got to be one of the best players outside of super league, consistently wins us games over the past four years.

Thought Hewitt MOM , Sheffield had some units out there including the backline but we stood up well and bossed it in the second half apart from last 10 mins when we tried to run the clock down.

Agree Gilly wasted on the wing but competition for places is great, Langers as usual a class act.

Like Naylor said we looked like a proper Championship side.

16 hours ago, m brooksy said:

I think Bryan is closer to the truth. The first 10-15 mins was poor but as soon as we got into the game we were dominant. Should have had three more tries in the first half alone if we hadn't dropped the ball over the line. Spencer got MOTM and was fantastic but I had Neal and Hewitt as our best with Jack and Langers not far behind. Hewitt is a super player when he threatens the line and Neal was fantastic at prop playing huge minutes as usual.

Egodo looks a talent and worked extraordinarily hard and looked knackered by the end but you can tell he still has a lot to learn. That error straight from the scrum which led to their second try could have been a pivotal moment for them. Gilly isn't a winger but Grimmer's defence was crucial at centre today even though he couldn't seem to hold onto the ball. Leatherbarrow seemed a bit off throughout the game and keeping Hughes off the pitch for too long seemed a strange move to me.

Ref has a shocker. Two shoulder charges were just pens but Turner and Blackmore squaring up were yellows? Yere tackles Egodo in the air and just a pen? Campbell lost control of the game especially in the first half.

Danny Langtree is an absolutely superb player. Got to be one of the best players outside of super league, consistently wins us games over the past four years.

Grimmer will be fine just needs to get match fit groin opps take some time to re a just fitness wise but his defence was never in doubt 

chappy

18 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

Kappa failed to deliver it, not Chris Hamiltons fault just to answer the earlier comment too. 

Very embarrassing for us and Chris but unfortunately both of us had expected Kappa to deliver it Thursday. It was cutting it fine but clubs the size of Oldham have to do that in order to maximise sponsorship openings.

Hi ML, Thanks for clearing that up. When will you have stock of replica shirts. I believe there is a waiting time at the moment. And are there any plans for sales at the club? 

Full match video with entertaining commentary from Oldham Community Radio.  Also some words from Scott.

http://www.roughyeds.co.uk/roughyeds-tv/

You would not believe the hoops I had to jump through to produce those videos.  The software I use decided to completely bomb out on me and I was battling for most of yesterday to get it working.  I'd wanted to add in a few little subtle extras but since I was still fiddling around with it at 12.30am last night I thought better of it.  There are plenty more games to come for adding in funky stuff.

Also, the Scott interview could have been better.  Overflying planes, the PA and the Bower Fold lights proved a challenge.  Anyway I'll get better as the season progresses.

stats

Turner-2 tackles. one miss. Two tackle busts. 16 carries = 97m

Clay- 2 tackles. one tackle bust. one clean break.  19 carries=100m

Egodo-16 tackles. 4 misses. 2 tackle busts. one offload. 13 carries=63m

Grimshaw-14 tackles. 4 misses. one tackle bust. 10 carries=57m

Gill-7 tackles. one miss. one clean break. 7 carries 48m

Leatherbarrow-21 tackles.2 misses. one tackle bust. 1 carry=3m

Hewitt-7 tackles. one miss. Two tackle busts. one clean break. 8 carries=81m

Joy-23 tackles. one miss. 12 carries 75m

Owen-18 tackles.  3 misses. one tackle bust. one try assist. 2 carries 14m

Neal-22 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 17 carries 113m

Wood-24 tackles. 4 misses. 11 carries 62m

Langtree-34 tackles. 4 misses. 3 offloads. 5 tackle busts. 16 carries 92m

Spencer-19 tackles. 14 carries 97m

subs

Gee- 6 tackles. one miss. 4carries = 42m

Hughes-6 tackles no carries

Ward-22 tackles. 2 misses. 3 tackle busts. 16 carries 94m

Dickinson-14 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 11 carries 76m

On 07/02/2017 at 11:06 AM, Dave Naylor said:

Full match video with entertaining commentary from Oldham Community Radio.  Also some words from Scott.

You would not believe the hoops I had to jump through to produce those videos.  The software I use decided to completely bomb out on me and I was battling for most of yesterday to get it working.  I'd wanted to add in a few little subtle extras but since I was still fiddling around with it at 12.30am last night I thought better of it.  There are plenty more games to come for adding in funky stuff.

Also, the Scott interview could have been better.  Overflying planes, the PA and the Bower Fold lights proved a challenge.  Anyway I'll get better as the season progresses.

Very well done Dave Naylor.

Combining the video with highly entertaining commentry from the OCR guy has set a new standard for us all to enjoy.

Apologies to the OCR guy for not knowing his name.

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:06 AM, Dave Naylor said:

Fantastic, I enjoyed hearing Scott's thoughts on the game I like it when I see clubs doing this kind of thing. Watched the match last night, Sheffield will go alright this season I think they have some good strong running players. We contained them quite well but they were making far too many metres for may liking. The OCR commentary was great, especially as he thinks every player is Sam Gee :)

Archived