Ike game

bomberisgod

Well after a torrid end to last season and all our departures i was dreading this game coming round.

Now with a fresh impetus i am looking forward to it,full credit to the bod and coach,it looks like we have a hungry team keen to progress.                                          

As long as those lads in blue & white  are prepared to have a go i will be prepared to support.

One things for sure our special friends from dopeland arent relishing this one as much as they were a few weeks ago.

Lambrini time 

UTT

Well we are up against one of C1's BIG spenders today and its their "cup final" as usual. Some of their fans, and squad, are quoted as saying its a "must win"!  I find that strange given their squad on paper.  I will be happy with a performance against such big spenders.

Good luck to the lads today.

It will strange going in as big underdogs after having the better of the results in the last few years. As long as the lads give their all then I'll be happy regardless of the scoreline . Of course a win would be almost the stuff of dreams, but I'm more excited to see the new lads playing for the shirt.

UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

got to agree town are underdogs and the gloating big senders who boasted a double winning squad this season should get the win they have been waiting for .

best of luck today lads and playing for the shirt and a starting place is what i'd be happy to see  uut

3 hours ago, bomberisgod said:

......Now with a fresh impetus i am looking forward to it,full credit to the bod and coach,it looks like we have a hungry team keen to progress.                              

As long as those lads in blue & white  are prepared to have a go i will be prepared to support.......

Absolutely and I do like the way Coach and players are talking about never mind the "rebuilding" we are out to be competitive. Sense a bit of spirit and bloody mindedness about this squad. Yes UTT

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Well we are up against one of C1's BIG spenders today and its their "cup final" as usual. Some of their fans, and squad, are quoted as saying its a "must win"!  I find that strange given their squad on paper.  I will be happy with a performance against such big spenders.

Zzzzzzzz,change the record,if you think Haven are the big spenders of the division you really are kidding yourself,but don't let facts get in the way of one of your fairy tales,you'll be saying next that Howarth,Joseph and the 4 superleague loans have all come for free.

hope it's a good game today with a healthy crowd,plenty of banter and no injuries and may the best team win.

8 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Zzzzzzzz,change the record,if you think Haven are the big spenders of the division you really are kidding yourself,but don't let facts get in the way of one of your fairy tales,you'll be saying next that Howarth,Joseph and the 4 superleague loans have all come for free.

hope it's a good game today with a healthy crowd,plenty of banter and no injuries and may the best team win.

Truth hurt divo5?  We weren't  gonna be able to raise a team according to your pals on deluded.com when you were announcing all your signings and were on a crest of a wave a few months ago. 

Outstanding from the boys. Thought buffer was the best player on the field. But our new signings look the part, the 2 from wigan, big tom curwen, hanbury, but the 3 in howarth, connor fitzsimmons and dowsett would have strengthened our side last season never mind this. Jamie doran was top draw when he came on as well. 

Some of them trys we scored were quality, callums, buffers 2 and connors were exceptional. The score probably flattered haven in all honesty, sad to see such an awful following from them as well. Good to see stevie running over the top of shacks and dowsett completely out playing newton. And to think we have phil, chamberlain, jase and jp to come back. Very positive indeed 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Excellent display from a town team playing for each other and the coach, great to see. Some real quality out there, and 3 or 4 excellent players still to come in, suddenly there's an air of optimism around the club, seems they board and coach maybe knew what they were doing after all. Compare it to that big spending heap down the road, who were an absolute shambles, hilariously. 

I was massively impressed with dowsett, he looks an outstanding signing. Buffer was motm for me, Fitzsimmons is real quality, Wigan lads did well and howarth looks like the controlling, clever player we were desperate for. 

Well..... Where to start.

I've never been so pleased to eat humble pie in my life. I was one, along with most who were deeply concerned with players leaving and our slow uptake on new ones. What was I worried about!!?? Arguably a stronger more competitive side than last year. Again big well done to the board, the coaches, people behind the scenes and the players who stuck with us. What a win!

Every person in that blue and white shirt put a shift in today. Had pride in the shirt, played for one another and produced a stunning display against what many believe a more experienced and skilled side. We made them look like the team full of amateurs!!!

It's tough to pick the front runners out of such a great team performance. But for me Scholey (rightly mom), coward, callum,  forber, fitzsimmons and dowsett were in particular outstanding.

Special mention to dave clark who has got the side playing much more fluent in attack to what we saw last season. 

Haven should be very worried. For a team that signed up just about everyone available who had already played at this level or above, they are shocking. They expected to thump us today! (So one of their players told me). Calvert is a whinge bag and newton is a parasite!

Enjoy tonight lads. Well deserved!

1 minute ago, Monkeydo said:

Well done to the only team out on the pitch today. Hope they don't sack Forster! 

Forster spent most of his energy shouting at his 'team' behind the sticks :-)

Rugby League must be a great game to survive the fools at the RFL who run it.

good game from the lads , had a feeling they might pull off a win after 2 good warm ups , wigan lads look good , dowsett is going to be a real player , fitzsimmons too, everyone gave all and there is a lot of talent in the squad , big game from stevie , all our re signed players stood strong with tries from carl and callum and tee ,good to have that free scoring fullback town have been lacking , young connors debut try will have him buzzing for more , on wards and upwards 

Awesome! I know it was only a friendly  but I really had no idea of how well we would compete today, my heart said win but my head said it was too soon yet. But the lads were fantastic out there and I was over the moon with the win. We have uncovered a few real gems and I'm much more optimistic for the season now.  

Stevie was brilliant.  Carl is a different player when he takes the line on. Can't fault any of them.

We conceded off our own mistakes and that will get fixed. I think there will be a bit more to come yet from the lads but what a start! UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

and it can only improve , i think dave clark and the bod have got pre season games and recruitment spot on given where town were and the money available , incredible job , as for haven i'm not sure where they go from here , disjointed and a very weak defence as 4 games has revealed and those rochdale halves have shown why they arent in the league above , forster has a massive headache and at his young age its going to be a very big ask .

Archived