Town v haven reaction

town4me

Outstanding performance from 1-17 - more to come with players to come in but they need to show something to get the shirts off these lads .. 100% improvement on the veivers regime Christ we even saw some moves which CREATED SPACE for others and didn't run them into touch ! Jamie Doran for all his pies created a lot bless him real good showing 

just heard their assistant Anthony Stewart claim the scoreline didn't reflect the game your right Anthony it could have been much more ... haven hardly got out their half throughout bar on the back of penalties :) 

if shacks and the pack can't handle Stevie then god help them with Joseph ha ha 

Just now, westizbest said:

Outstanding performance from 1-17 - more to come with players to come in but they need to show something to get the shirts off these lads .. 100% improvement on the veivers regime Christ we even saw some moves which CREATED SPACE for others and didn't run them into touch ! Jamie Doran for all his pies created a lot bless him real good showing 

just heard their assistant Anthony Stewart claim the scoreline didn't reflect the game your right Anthony it could have been much more ... haven hardly got out their half throughout bar on the back of penalties :) 

if shacks and the pack can't handle Stevie then god help them with Joseph ha ha 

Yes we piggy backed them quite a bit with poor discipline or it could have been an even bigger win.

Well I must say I really enjoyed that . Not overly high on general quality but I thought our squad of largely local lads gave absolutely everything and made you proud to be a town fan today . Real team spirit , graft  and endeavour in abundance , and we dug it out with some nice tries the icing on the cake . I thought Dowsett was a stand out , Scholey put a big shift in , Fitzsimmons looks a gem in the making and Callum and FORBER ( yes I'll say it ) really attacked the line well and got just rewards for great efforts . Really encouraging with still a month to go and players to add . Howarth looked undercooked but has obvious quality to . All in all a good platform to build on and overall , really pleased and proud to see the young locals stand up , be counted and get stuck in to them for 80 ! I thought they largely only got anything off our penalties , and we must learn to iron them out - although hicks was very whistlehappy.  

Well..... Where to start.

I've never been so pleased to eat humble pie in my life. I was one, along with most who were deeply concerned with players leaving and our slow uptake on new ones. What was I worried about!!?? Arguably a stronger more competitive side that last year. Again big well done to the board, the coaches, people behind the scenes and the players who stuck with us. What a win!

Every person in that blue and white shirt put a shift in today. Had pride in the shirt, played for one another and produced a stunning display against what many believe a more experienced,l and skilled side. We made them look like the full of amateurs!!!

It's tough to pick the front runners out of such a great team performance. But for me Scholey (rightly mom), coward, callum,  forber, fitzsimmons and dowaett were in particular outstanding.

Special mention to dave clark who has got the side playing much more fluent in attack to what we saw last season. 

Haven should be very worried. For a team that signed up just about everyone available who had already played at this level or above, they are shocking. They expected to thump us today! (So one of their players told me). Calverton is a whinge bag and newton is a parasite!

Enjoy tonight lads. Well deserved!

14 minutes ago, town4me said:

Yes we piggy backed them quite a bit with poor discipline or it could have been an even bigger win.

Try ruled out by a touchie who had just missed two blatant forward passes by them ... few let offs when we had them reeling ... an for goodness sake pass to your winger when it's on a plate !!!!!

well it sure looks like we have a competitive squad on that perfomance , all heroes for town today in a match you would not have expected to win . Got to say well done to all concerned bringing the squad together . Bet there is some serious comments going on  "deluded.com" tonight.   Big Phil might struggle to get a place in that squad on today's performance.  Well done today to everyone who took the field.

15 minutes ago, Old standoff said:

well it sure looks like we have a competitive squad on that perfomance , all heroes for town today in a match you would not have expected to win . Got to say well done to all concerned bringing the squad together . Bet there is some serious comments going on  "deluded.com" tonight.   Big Phil might struggle to get a place in that squad on today's performance.  Well done today to everyone who took the field.

Oh it has, ranging from -

"bring back Dave Woods" to anyone who suggests sacking Forster, I wouldn't he is doing a grand job down there :-) "Bkm trainings Tuesday get yourself down and coach seem to be a know it all."

Great Sunday night entertainment, better than watching telly!

:-)

Rugby League must be a great game to survive the fools at the RFL who run it.

Finally we've got a team worth watching! There's a lot to look forward to in the likes of Fitzimmons (surely got a Big future in SL) , Dowsett, Curwen etc etc. That standoff looks a good player...what's his name...Forber? I like the way Howarth was holding the ball up in midfield to create space out wide and Joseph's gonna love playing in that team. 

good game from the lads , had a feeling they might pull off a win after 2 good warm ups , wigan lads look good , howath , dowsett is going to be a real player , fitzsimmons too, everyone gave all and there is a lot of talent in the squad , big game from stevie , all our re signed players stood strong with tries from carl and callum and tee ,good to have that free scoring fullback town have been lacking , young connors debut try will have him buzzing for more , oh and p joseph to come , on wards and upwards

7 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Finally we've got a team worth watching! There's a lot to look forward to in the likes of Fitzimmons (surely got a Big future in SL) , Dowsett, Curwen etc etc. That standoff looks a good player...what's his name...Forber? I like the way Howarth was holding the ball up in midfield to create space out wide and Joseph's gonna love playing in that team. 

I noticed that with howarth too. On a couple of occasions he just slowed down momentarily to check the defence, opening space up. He will only improve once he gets sharper

Was nice to see some of our halves getting hit late at the line - well yes not great for them but shows that their taking the ball to the line before releasing it lol

Guy at Centre playing towards the Town second half was that Hambley or Macauley ?

Haven look a washed up mess of a side, some of them shirts aren't doing any of them any favours - we got what I expected from Crook and The other half forget his name which was absolute - Mcavoy was probably their best - Jessie Jay looks like he's running in sand. They've lost their cup final already in their "MUST WIN" game .. coach looked a broken man towards the end  

Haven fan near me droning on endlessly about Doran ...Wish we could make Doran's size a complete non-issue as we go forward ! It's just the way he obviously is naturally and he's got some lovely skills, nous and a burst over short distances and will be a great utility asset in this league . I'm betting on him having a big impact this year

First class rugby today.makes you feel great being a  town fan , what was the gate, looked a decent  one considering  there wasn't any Jam Eaters there(well if there was I didn't hear them even when they were 10 .0 up ) Full marks to Cotter at the final whistle he went round all the Town players congratulating them  , UTT

9 minutes ago, westizbest said:

900 odd .. so good to go to a game and come away with pride in a team, something I've not done since charlo / oggy days

Although its easy tonight to criticise the Vievers tenure, there were plenty of times where the squad played with pride - Leigh at home with a depleted squad, Haven last minute win in the 8's, Halifax away with only 14 in the team and put up a good show

Some good post match photos & video on Twitter

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Well I must say I really enjoyed that . Not overly high on general quality but I thought our squad of largely local lads gave absolutely everything and made you proud to be a town fan today . Real team spirit , graft  and endeavour in abundance , and we dug it out with some nice tries the icing on the cake . I thought Dowsett was a stand out , Scholey put a big shift in , Fitzsimmons looks a gem in the making and Callum and FORBER ( yes I'll say it ) really attacked the line well and got just rewards for great efforts . Really encouraging with still a month to go and players to add . Howarth looked undercooked but has obvious quality to . All in all a good platform to build on and overall , really pleased and proud to see the young locals stand up , be counted and get stuck in to them for 80 ! I thought they largely only got anything off our penalties , and we must learn to iron them out - although hicks was very whistlehappy.  

David, you have just posted the exact sentiments i was going to post. OMG what a cracking bunch of young players we have playing with obvious pride in the shirt, it was a joy to watch. haven got away lightly it could have been a route if Hicks hadn't repeatedly pick backed them up the field, it was the only way they were going to make progress.

Watching Calver't's antics was worth the admission price alone, he needs to ditch that cushion he has stuffed up his shirt, and a big shout out to haircut 100 who was probably the only haven fan from a pathetic following who was still standing his ground after the final whistle. I'm not even bothered if they turn us over next time we meet because today was priceless, the second most expensive squad in the division hammered (yes hammered) by a bunch of talented and committed kids...........There is a god UP THE TOWN :tongue: 

24 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

David, you have just posted the exact sentiments i was going to post. OMG what a cracking bunch of young players we have playing with obvious pride in the shirt, it was a joy to watch. haven got away lightly it could have been a route if Hicks hadn't repeatedly pick backed them up the field, it was the only way they were going to make progress.

Watching Calver't's antics was worth the admission price alone, he needs to ditch that cushion he has stuffed up his shirt, and a big shout out to haircut 100 who was probably the only haven fan from a pathetic following who was still standing his ground after the final whistle. I'm not even bothered if they turn us over next time we meet because today was priceless, the second most expensive squad in the division hammered (yes hammered) by a bunch of talented and committed kids...........There is a god UP THE TOWN :tongue: 

Don't mention the expensive squad crack unicorn or you will have davo5 on here from the haven forum telling you thats a fairytale like he did to me today. 

If someone had said at chrimbo that in February we were going to beat Whitehaven I'd have questioned their sanity!! Wow how good was that today well done to all 17 players and well done BOD for building a squad worth watching...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

12 minutes ago, town4me said:

Don't mention the expensive squad crack unicorn or you will have davo5 on here from the haven forum telling you thats a fairytale like he did to me today. 

Spoke to Dave Farrel after the game and he was shell shocked and said they had spent so much money he was not sure what they could do.

28 minutes ago, town4me said:

Not a fairytale at all but it's looking a bit GRIMM for haven.:tongue:

Archived