Batley v Halifax

Batley Bob

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello billybulldog.

We will have to wait with the website I believe something is being developed according to Kevin.

As you know I'm very disappointed that the squad as not been listed seeing as I thought the club had to inform the RFL 48hrs before the match and it's still not on their sight either, bad image of our club.

Cheers Roger.

Perhaps Mr David doesn't want Fax to know his team?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

48 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

I see he fails to mention where the club stood by him when he had over 16 games on the sidelines through suspension and also when he had his jaw broke in an incident away from the game. I do not blame him one bit for leaving but he must remember that loyalty works both ways so the crocodile tears he has been crying to everyone do not wash with me.

On the subject of the Website btw...

If its not being updated, it should be temporarily taken down or hidden behind a "we are updating our website" page. They way it is now, its doing more harm than good.

Dominant in every department. Those who suffered expensive disappointment last weekend were rewarded with a powerful and energetic bite today. Cant wait for fev.

Walton uglia and davies get ready

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

2 hours ago, Johndeere said:

Can understand 2 of them but maybe not the other 

thought Leak was one who could hold his head high after last week 

I agree. I think after the way MD used Rowe last week, this was always on the cards. After the way we performed down our right side last week, something had to change. Leak on the other hand was not the worst by a long way! 

Still, I suppose the result speaks for itself so no complaints.

A pleasing result and unexpected in the relative ease! We played really well uphill, managing both the conditions and Halifax fairly comfortably. 

The second half they kicked really well and the conditions took their toll, but happy with the outcome after last week. Thought Davey had an outstanding game and injected some much needed pace around the play the ball. and the pack in general dominated the Halifax pack.

Looking forward to next week with interest now.

20 hours ago, Johndeere said:

Can understand 2 of them but maybe not the other 

thought Leak was one who could hold his head high after last week 

I was a little bemused at the omission of Leaky. Wonder if it was simply a size issue, with Disco selecting a team to batter Fax leaving only room for Davey at hooker? Think he lasted 70 minutes and was a pain in the neck for a slow, tired Fax outfit. I imagine Leaky would also have caused a lot of damage with scoots that flagging Fax would not have dealt with. Disco has turned it around and got the win, can't see there being any changes next week. Unless he allows Rowey his spot back as he was ill not dropped.

A great effort in horrible conditions, nice to see the pack back to its dominant best, certainly stood up and bullied the Halifax pack all afternoon, which was crucial on the heavy pitch - must have been hard work. I was quite surprised how poor Halifax were though, certainly the weakest Halifax team i have seen for a number of years.

Struggled to tell who was who by the end but thought Davey had a great game at hooker and our handling was very good.

We looked organised and dangerous with Walker alongside Brambani, he has to be the starting stand off this season as we visibly lost that edge when Southernwood came on, hes certainly our 4th choice half back when Holmes is available IMO.

Couldn't have asked for more from the team in those conditions - Featherstone next week will be a good gauge of how good we potentially are this year. 

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Archived