Challenge Cup: Round 2

Futtocks

37 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Anyone know when the draw is for the next round?

Tuesday, on BBC online, from Salford Media City, according to Dave Woods.

Final scores as follows:

Myton 18:4 York Acorn

Featherstone Lions 0:26 Wests Warriors

Haydock 30:20 Thornhill Trojans

Kells 14:16 Rochdale Mayfield

Pilkington Recs 10:34 Siddal

Wigan St Patricks 18:28 Egremont Rangers

London Chargers 12:40 Fryston

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Phil said:

Tuesday I believe 

24 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Tuesday, on BBC online, from Salford Media City, according to Dave Woods.

Final scores as follows:

Myton 18:4 York Acorn

Featherstone Lions 0:26 Wests Warriors

Haydock 30:20 Thornhill Trojans

Kells 14:16 Rochdale Mayfield

Pilkington Recs 10:34 Siddal

Wigan St Patricks 18:28 Egremont Rangers

London Chargers 12:40 Fryston

Thanks gents

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Drove through from York to watch the Haydock-Thornhill tie. An excellent game - much more open and enjoyable than the dour stuff I witnessed from Super League duo Saints and Leeds two days earlier. Trojans led 16-12 after 27 minutes but tries in the 32nd, 39th and 40th+2 minutes swung the game the hosts' way. Try count finished 6-4. Played in a very good spirit. Well refereed, too. Haydock issued a glossy 32-page programme. Impressive crowd of about 525.

Pilkington - Siddal game is up on the BBC iPlayer (much quicker than the Round 1 game). So have just watched it without knowing the score. Thoroughly enjoyable. Let's hope they go for a similar type of game in round 3 rather then Toronto's walkover.

2 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Drove through from York to watch the Haydock-Thornhill tie. An excellent game - much more open and enjoyable than the dour stuff I witnessed from Super League duo Saints and Leeds two days earlier. Trojans led 16-12 after 27 minutes but tries in the 32nd, 39th and 40th+2 minutes swung the game the hosts' way. Try count finished 6-4. Played in a very good spirit. Well refereed, too. Haydock issued a glossy 32-page programme. Impressive crowd of about 525.

Was there myself as a Thornhill supporter. 

Haydock was the better side and won deservedly so.

That 10 mins of letting in 3 tries was the difference.

16 hours ago, Griff9of13 said:

Not bad so for from my old team. Was hopeing to have a trip over to St helens to watch the game live, but Life's got in the way. 

The new 4G pitch has been in the panning for about 3 years. Glad they've finally managed to get it sorted out. 

It was ready for the end of last season but they couldn't use it until the car park was sorted out. Part of the planning I think. 

I enjoyed the BBC game. Didn't think it was as good as the first round match but enjoyed it all the same. I thought Siddal always had the edge in the pack but their execution and control of the ball in the first half was very clumsy. Whenever they tried to move it into the backs the move broke down.

Second half they certainly took it to Pikington in the forwards and steamrollered them. Lots of one out rugby but ultimately if you're very dominant in a given area then go for it. It was a pity Pilks knocked on after that penalty as a score when it was 22-10 would have at least set up a more intriguing finish.

With a pack like Siddal have they'll give teams above them a really good game. As people have said it's not hard to see why they beat a few league 1 teams last season.

Was the game only available on the red button in the north west/Yorkshire areas? My dad up in West Cumbria said it was only Final Score on the red button - they receive the BBC north east signal

30 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

Was the game only available on the red button in the north west/Yorkshire areas? My dad up in West Cumbria said it was only Final Score on the red button - they receive the BBC north east signal

It wasn't on the red button at all. The BBC are showing one match each from the first five rounds of the cup as an online-only stream. You can either watch it via the BBC website or the BBC Sport app (depending on your available devices).

You can also catch it on replay via the BBC iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p04sc099/red-button-and-online-2017-2-pilkington-recs-v-siddal-challenge-cup-2nd-round

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Bramstein said:

I enjoyed the BBC game. Didn't think it was as good as the first round match but enjoyed it all the same. I thought Siddal always had the edge in the pack but their execution and control of the ball in the first half was very clumsy. Whenever they tried to move it into the backs the move broke down.

Second half they certainly took it to Pikington in the forwards and steamrollered them. Lots of one out rugby but ultimately if you're very dominant in a given area then go for it. It was a pity Pilks knocked on after that penalty as a score when it was 22-10 would have at least set up a more intriguing finish.

With a pack like Siddal have they'll give teams above them a really good game. As people have said it's not hard to see why they beat a few league 1 teams last season.

I'd agree with that. The first round match would have been a corker in any conditions, but the teams did it in cruddy weather on a muddy pitch! Last Saturday's game was pretty good, though.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

It wasn't on the red button at all. The BBC are showing one match each from the first five rounds of the cup as an online-only stream. You can either watch it via the BBC website or the BBC Sport app (depending on your available devices).

You can also catch it on replay via the BBC iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p04sc099/red-button-and-online-2017-2-pilkington-recs-v-siddal-challenge-cup-2nd-round

Cheers Futtocks - I've had a complete blank there. Of course it was only online, I watched the previous one on the laptop!

6 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Depending on the team TW put out I reckon at least fifty points difference.

I'd say they'll play a full strength team since their friendly against Wigan was cancelled. They won't get another chance of a run out. I'd like to see some of the triallists get a go though.

Archived