The Coach

EQUALIZER

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Wilsden Ram said:

GM is part time and would you like to inform the Forum how much he is paid?

From the list you mentioned one of the few was looking for far more 4 years ago!

I am sure the three would apply for any coaching vacancies as none of them are currently involved in the game apart from giving expert opinions on Radio Leeds. 

I've heard a salary mensioned but not for me to say. My point isn't Glens salary, it's the point we may need a new coach because clearly at the minute it's just not working out or happening.

Before we throw the baby out with the bathwater ..... have all the usual 'fixes' to this scenario been exhausted? ....  This kind of thing happens regularly in the business world .....in fact any world where people are concerned !!!  It could be something very simple and easily fixed ...  usually a clear the air session or a moderated 'team listening' excersize would identify the cause and effect, then a plan of action implemented to fix the problem,  with all parties signing up to it!!   

Having said all that ..... If it were my team ... I would just find a way to get a playmaking No7 ....  who would open up some space for creative play .. score a few tries ... and then we would see  confidence and morale grow!!

Anyone can look good when things are going well ... true leaders find a way when things aren't going so well!! 

4 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Before we throw the baby out with the bathwater ..... have all the usual 'fixes' to this scenario been exhausted? ....  This kind of thing happens regularly in the business world .....in fact any world where people are concerned !!!  It could be something very simple and easily fixed ...  usually a clear the air session or a moderated 'team listening' excersize would identify the cause and effect, then a plan of action implemented to fix the problem,  with all parties signing up to it!!   

Having said all that ..... If it were my team ... I would just find a way to get a playmaking No7 ....  who would open up some space for creative play .. score a few tries ... and then we would see  confidence and morale grow!!

Anyone can look good when things are going well ... true leaders find a way when things aren't going so well!! 

All the usual fixes?  This reads as though our problems are new.  They are not and started some time ago.   

34 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

I don't think i said or implied they were new problems .... I just asked have the usual fixes been exhausted???  .....  I don't know do you?

You are right of course TONO - we don't know, just assume. I suppose that the recent seasons have now convinced most of us that we are getting no "added value" from the current coaching set up. Our style of play is totally forward based and uninspiring; personally I don't see that changing.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

You are right of course TONO - we don't know, just assume. I suppose that the recent seasons have now convinced most of us that we are getting no "added value" from the current coaching set up. Our style of play is totally forward based and uninspiring; personally I don't see that changing.

Cheers BSJ.  You answered for me.  

14 hours ago, NickD said:

All the usual fixes?  This reads as though our problems are new.  They are not and started some time ago.   

Absolutely right Nick, but I'm not sure changing the coach will help us avert the drop. For me, it is GM's recruitment as much as his coaching that is to blame for our plight, largely because he resigned a hard core of players now in their third and fourth seasons who are not, and never were good enough - and of course we can't afford to replace them. If we really are down to 13 players, and resorting to recruiting a player released by a bottom ch1 side, then we really are staring down the barrel.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

4 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Absolutely right Nick, but I'm not sure changing the coach will help us avert the drop. For me, it is GM's recruitment as much as his coaching that is to blame for our plight, largely because he resigned a hard core of players now in their third and fourth seasons who are not, and never were good enough - and of course we can't afford to replace them. If we really are down to 13 players, and resorting to recruiting a player released by a bottom ch1 side, then we really are staring down the barrel.

I think some of them were good enough when he signed them Grumpy, but Morrisons bad coaching , or lack of any coaching , is now very apparent.

12 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

So , lets say you are on the selection panel ...... who would realistically  be on your shortlist? 

Simply see who casts their hat into the ring to start

It's fine having someone in mind for the job,but more important is they've to show an interest first

I would like kelly brook as my au pair...

But in realistic terms I'd end up with dot cotton

It's all. About knowing your limitations.. 

Forget talk of Cummins, Anderson,Morgan,or any big name

Even Webster would be out of our price bracket...

We need someone to come in who's hungry to make a success and believes in Dewsbury, and can make a difference.. Broadbent managed to turn it around in 7 games..so could the right man again for the job..

Like I said we simply have to beat Sheffield & Bradford and then.match their results to.stay up

Bradford's hand outs from the other super league teams is a serious worry to us and a major threat to our championship existence. 

It's to be financially viable who we get

;)

10 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Try doing what Bradford did they seem to be getting quality players gifted to them left right and centre 

chappy

2 hours ago, christheram said:

Weeded him out? He did have 2 good seasons with us to be fair. 

2 good years? 

First season (excuse was it wasn't his team)

Second season with a halfback was his team and achieved the same as it was when it wasn't his team

Third season and forth season lost twice as many games each of those season's than won

Remind me again where these 2 great season's were? 

This season

Played 3 lost 3 scored 1 try in 240 minutes of rugby

Lost to both championship 1 teams promoted last season,also lost to a team fancied to struggle

No halfback recruited, not even from the DR system

No conditioner last season

Get one this season and now more injuries than ever, and now only 13 players 

If carlsberg did relegation disasters....

13 hours ago, coolie said:

2 good years? 

First season (excuse was it wasn't his team)

Second season with a halfback was his team and achieved the same as it was when it wasn't his team

Third season and forth season lost twice as many games each of those season's than won

Remind me again where these 2 great season's were? 

This season

Played 3 lost 3 scored 1 try in 240 minutes of rugby

Lost to both championship 1 teams promoted last season,also lost to a team fancied to struggle

No halfback recruited, not even from the DR system

No conditioner last season

Get one this season and now more injuries than ever, and now only 13 players 

If carlsberg did relegation disasters....

Just to defend the new man: conditioners can't prevent bones being broken.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Woe ta horses boys I'm not for one minute blaming the new conditioner so you can forget that.

I'm drawing more to the point that why didn't we have one? 

Surely these appointments should be standard in a teams backroom staff

And if the only thing you can pull me up on is that

I'm happy ;)

7 minutes ago, coolie said:

Woe ta horses boys I'm not for one minute blaming the new conditioner so you can forget that.

I'm happy ;)

No Coolie, we're just being kind.

:elf:

8 minutes ago, coolie said:

I'm happy ;)

Should have been here before this season Coolie mate I agree there.

Archived