Batley v Fev

Batley Bob

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imo of course, this game is going to be a very tuff encounter for the gallent youths, featherstone has recruited some class individual players and have  2 wins out of 2 so will need to up our game i think another notch or two, but saying that, i do think it will be close but it will be another 2 pts for the bulldogs.....

By all accounts Fev were fairly fortunate to score the winning try at Fax and were lucky the opposition missed a penalty late on last sunday which would have denied them victory. So it seems as if fortune is favouring them at the moment. After the debacle in France the Dogs got their act together last time out and Fax were never at the races.  If we go into this game in the correct frame of mind, and maybe Fev's fortunes take a turn for the worse, then I think we could finish the victors.  It will be close though and let's hope the weather is an improvement on last week.

Id back Batley off about -8 on this one. Obviously 2 very different games against each side but for 30 minutes Fev blew us off the park but then looked to be blowing out of their backsides for the rest of the game and although Fev had the better players I had to question their fitness. It will work though if you can build up a quick lead though. For Batley they simply outplayed us in every departemnt, I didnt go there expecting to win but thought we would compete and for spells we did but I do not remember us troubling them much and they played the conditions perfectly and had built up enough of a lead for when we would have more of the ball coming up the hill in the 2nd half.

Oxey, 

I honestly don't get this at all, you say Fev where blowing after 30 minutes and had a lack of fitness in the Fax v Fev game. If that was the case why was it in the last 20 minutes or so was it it that Fev were able to hit back? You could even argue that it was the superior fitness that got Fev home, but like you have posted on the Fax forum it was due to  "... few of the other crucial decisions went against us ..." that Fax lost. That's not to say that it was great watching from a Fev perspective and I did have my heart in my mouth a few times during the game. It was what you would have expected 1st game of the season a competitive game between 2 evenly match sides trying really hard. To draw much conclusion for the season from that game or from the games last weekend that where played in awful conditions I think is very naive in the extreme. If Fev had played at Batley last weekend I would have expected a very similar one to the one Fax managed. However this coming weekend, with what looks like being a dryer Thurs-Sun and warmer weather (likely to be 10 degrees C) then I am expecting a very similar game to the Fax v Fev one with maybe one score in it either way.

Feel free to back Batley at something like -4 (which is what I expect from the bookies based on the scores from the first 2 rounds), but please don't be too disappointed if you lose your money.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

8 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Oxey, 

I honestly don't get this at all, you say Fev where blowing after 30 minutes and had a lack of fitness in the Fax v Fev game. If that was the case why was it in the last 20 minutes or so was it it that Fev were able to hit back? You could even argue that it was the superior fitness that got Fev home, but like you have posted on the Fax forum it was due to  "... few of the other crucial decisions went against us ..." that Fax lost. That's not to say that it was great watching from a Fev perspective and I did have my heart in my mouth a few times during the game. It was what you would have expected 1st game of the season a competitive game between 2 evenly match sides trying really hard. To draw much conclusion for the season from that game or from the games last weekend that where played in awful conditions I think is very naive in the extreme. If Fev had played at Batley last weekend I would have expected a very similar one to the one Fax managed. However this coming weekend, with what looks like being a dryer Thurs-Sun and warmer weather (likely to be 10 degrees C) then I am expecting a very similar game to the Fax v Fev one with maybe one score in it either way.

Feel free to back Batley at something like -4 (which is what I expect from the bookies based on the scores from the first 2 rounds), but please don't be too disappointed if you lose your money.

I would say Fev could hit back because Fax had a man in the sin bin for 10 minutes and also played much of the game with 15 players due to injury. If anything that just further justifys my point. We should never have been in the game after the first 30 mins or so. My worry is that after part of the first half that teams like Hull Kr/ London/ Batley would put the game to bed as we saw on Sunday. teams play differently home and away so you can take that in to account but I feel Fev will have to play much better than they did against us to beat batley.

BATLEY BULLDOGS V FEATHERSTONE ROVERS  

SUNDAY 19TH FEBRUARY  
FOXS BISCUITS STADIUM  
KO : 15:00  

Referee: G Hewer
Touch Judges: S Kilpatrick B Scott
Reserve Referee: D Ward
M Com: G Fairbairn
Time Keeper: S PEASE - See more at: http://www.rugby-league.com/the_rfl/referee_appointments#sthash.Hm1HSGMv.dpuf

IMG_0583.JPG

30 minutes ago, RogerT said:

A strong ref for this match.

Yeah I'd like one to be available too!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I would say Fev could hit back because Fax had a man in the sin bin for 10 minutes and also played much of the game with 15 players due to injury. If anything that just further justifys my point. We should never have been in the game after the first 30 mins or so. My worry is that after part of the first half that teams like Hull Kr/ London/ Batley would put the game to bed as we saw on Sunday. teams play differently home and away so you can take that in to account but I feel Fev will have to play much better than they did against us to beat batley.

Didnt fev lose davis for 60 minutes also and have 3 key players drop out the day before the game?Baldwinson and bostock bossed fax forwards the first 20 odd minutes, and fev should have been out of sight.Griffin and ormandroyd werent as effective when they came on, fax got a lucky try off a kick that hit the post and got there tails up, but fev came from behind to win the game late on, if there was an issue with fitness surely fax would have pulled away. We were lucky to get the 2 points sunday, Oldham played the terrible conditions better and deserved something out of the game, but our defence held onto the 2 points. Expecting our toughest test yet sunday, always hard at the mount. I will be pleasantly suprised if we come away with the 2 points from this 1, shoukd be a big following from fev to hopefully see a cracker? .

16 hours ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

Didnt fev lose davis for 60 minutes also and have 3 key players drop out the day before the game?Baldwinson and bostock bossed fax forwards the first 20 odd minutes, and fev should have been out of sight.Griffin and ormandroyd werent as effective when they came on, fax got a lucky try off a kick that hit the post and got there tails up, but fev came from behind to win the game late on, if there was an issue with fitness surely fax would have pulled away. We were lucky to get the 2 points sunday, Oldham played the terrible conditions better and deserved something out of the game, but our defence held onto the 2 points. Expecting our toughest test yet sunday, always hard at the mount. I will be pleasantly suprised if we come away with the 2 points from this 1, shoukd be a big following from fev to hopefully see a cracker? .

Truth is. It is unlikely that the playing staff will be the same. So it can't be compared so easily. Fev had no fewer than five players pull out before the Fax game. You might as well say that Sheffield are far superior to Batley after last week. Which I'm sure they are not. Blues Ox has a pastime of winding up Fev fans. He hates us cos he wants to be us. Looking forward to the Batley game with interest.

2 hours ago, M Hopkins said:

Our defence was outstanding.

Almost perfect!

The Mrs had Chandler as last try scorer on SkyBet. 50-1!!

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

On 14/02/2017 at 11:23 AM, fredm said:

By all accounts Fev were fairly fortunate to score the winning try at Fax and were lucky the opposition missed a penalty late on last sunday which would have denied them victory. So it seems as if fortune is favouring them at the moment. After the debacle in France the Dogs got their act together last time out and Fax were never at the races.  If we go into this game in the correct frame of mind, and maybe Fev's fortunes take a turn for the worse, then I think we could finish the victors.  It will be close though and let's hope the weather is an improvement on last week.

You'll not get many Fev fans who felt comfortable in either game. It looked like Fax were in for a 50 point humiliation after 20 minutes. If its dry and the forecast looks good it should be a right cracker.

Always look forward to the games against Fev. Should be tight but I think home advantage will pull us through in a low scoring game 10 - 6 to the Dogs

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

43 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Always look forward to the games against Fev. Should be tight but I think home advantage will pull us through in a low scoring game 10 - 6 to the Dogs

Don't give us that Piggy. Either thrash us or roll over. We can't stand another one of them games us Fev fans

53 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Just out of interest pm , when did we last beat fev in a league game at the mount , think weve had more joy at post office road

IMG_0583.JPG

34 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Just out of interest pm , when did we last beat fev in a league game at the mount , think weve had more joy at post office road

Touch wood we have a good record against Batley at Batley likewise at Halifax. It was 2009 when we lost a match at Fax in all competitions and would be interesting to know the stat at Batley. But don't be getting any ideas of ending our record lol.

16 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Batley haven't beat fev at home in the league since August 2003 18-10 im reliably imformed.

This Sunday Dominic Brambani is in line to make the 300th appearance of his career when the Bulldogs welcome Featherstone Rovers to Fox’s Biscuits Stadium .

Brambani has played 35 games for Batley since joining the Bulldogs at the start of last season, while he previously featured seven times for Featherstone in 2005.

Brambani played 176 games in two spells at Sheffield Eagles, while his stellar career also includes stints at Dewsbury, Halifax and Castleford.

IMG_0583.JPG

Archived