Batley v Fev

Batley Bob

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Lone Drinker said:

We beat them last season in the middle eights, which is a small 'league' style competition.

It's not a cup and it's not the play-offs. So I think that should count. :-) 

As long as you don't make it count this Sunday lol.

a wins always great. but having a cracking game without injuries is better. and if it goes down to last 10 minutes with nowt in it that will do me fine, cant wait to be honest we have a great squad a players by keeping bulk a what we had and topping up with an handfull a quality players that will score plenty a points when grass gets a bit firmer.for now it will be another slog of a game and we have decent fitness for them last 10 minutes so a batley win by 2 for me...:bb:

HEAD coach Jon Sharp is preparing to welcome back a quartet of his Featherstone Rovers for Sunday’s round-three Kingstone Press Championship against Batley Bulldogs. 

Frankie Mariano, Richard Moore, Jordan Baldwinson and Michael Knowles are all back in the fold, with Darrell Griffin, Sam Day, Kyran Johnson and Jack Ormondroyd missing out.

Mariano returns to action having served a one-match suspension while Moore and Knowles have overcome minor injuries.

Baldwinson is included in the 19-man squad alongside fellow dual-registered Leeds Rhinos Josh Walters and Ash Handley.

The 19-Man Squad: Andy Bostock, Anthony Thackeray, Ash Handley, Brad Tagg, Chris Ulugia, Frankie Mariano, Ian Hardman, Jason Walton, John Davies, Jordan Baldwinson, Josh Hardcastle, Josh Walters, Keal Carlile, Kyle Briggs, Luke Briscoe, Luke Cooper, Matty Wildie, Michael Knowles, Richard Moore.

IMG_0583.JPG

This should be an attractive match for any neutrals who meander their way up to the Mount. I wouldn't like to predict the result but the Dogs should be slight favourites.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I'd settle for 1-0 the old Dewsbury/ York score of moons ago! However,  in the real world, I don't see Fev not scoring so we have to be a score better. We have to be full of tackling again, which should be strengthened with Rowey back in some part of the game.Don't see Fev doing the same number on us they did back end of last year, see it more of the 8's fixture. Not a dig at a particular player but tackling was tighter on the fringe last week with Mikey out there, showed his full back tackling skills. Hope we can get Hitchcox and Holmes on the field soon, more tackling. 18-14 Dogs

Think we flattered to decieve last week.

Some players living on last years reputation i think and we've given far far too many needless penalties away and too much dropped ball.

If we manage top six this year I will be elated.

We really shouldn't be shipping 30 points at home.

Pretty woeful performance to be honest.......

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Archived