19 Feb: World Club Challenge: Wigan Warriors v Cronulla Sharks KO 3pm (TV)

Who will win the World Club Challenge?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the World Club Challenge?

• Cronulla Sharks by 13 points or more
    • Cronulla Sharks by 7 to 12 points
    • Cronulla Sharks by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more

This time of the year is the time to put club loyalties aside for the weekend.  I'll be cheering Wigan all the way!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Wigan will win this if they can control fifita , It's the best chance a SL club has had since the expanded WCC started. Cant wait it's Wigan all the  way in my household this weekend!

12 hours ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Wigan will win this if they can control fifita , It's the best chance a SL club has had since the expanded WCC started. Cant wait it's Wigan all the  way in my household this weekend!

I'll ask the same question as I did in the Wire/Brisbane thread, are the Sharks bringing their strongest team available for this game?

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

25 minutes ago, GaryO said:

I'll ask the same question as I did in the Wire/Brisbane thread, are the Sharks bringing their strongest team available for this game?

Missing from the side that did ok last year are Valentine Holmes (Injured), Ben Barba (RU) & Ennis (Retired), Tony Williams (Injured & Hopeless) & Feki (Injured). These missing players just even the concept up IMO with the difference in salary cap between the two comps.

C'MON WIGAN!!!

5 hours ago, GaryO said:

Sharks Squad

Sharks World Club Challenge Squad

Jack Bird

Jesse Raimen

Gerard Beale

Ricky Leutele

Kurt Capewell

James Maloney

Chad Townsend

Paul Gallen

Wade Graham

Luke Lewis

Andrew Fifita

Matt Prior

Chris Heighington

Jeremy Latimore

Jayson Bukuya

Daniel Mortimer

Fa’amanu Brown

Jayden Brailey

Joseph Paulo

Sam Tagataese

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

The Cronulla Coach has said plenty to fire up Wigan this year.

“I don’t follow Super League a great deal, I don’t have time, but I try and watch it every now and then,” Flanagan said.

“I know ‘Pricey’ ­(assistant coach Steve Price) follows it.

“I haven’t taken a great ­interest but will watch their grand final and get my head around our next match. Wigan have always been strong.

Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan says he has the players to handle Wigan if the Super League champions' emotional build-up gets the better of them in Sunday's World Club Challenge.

With the pride of Super League on the line after poor performances in the World Club Challenge and Series over the past two years, there are expectations the DW Stadium game will get fiery, with punching not an automatic sin bin under the international rules which will apply. 

"If they want to get fiery, I've got the team to handle that," said Flanagan.

"[Paul] Gallen and [Andrew] Fifita and [Matt] Prior and them – they'll handle that easy. 

"We're here to play football, we're not here to worry about ###### like that. 

"If they want to start fighting, they can go and sit on the sideline."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cronulla-sharks-coach-shane-flanagan-warns-wigan-his-team-will-meet-fire-with-fire-20170212-gubc8y.html

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

3 hours ago, Allora said:

“I don’t follow Super League a great deal, I don’t have time, but I try and watch it every now and then,” Flanagan said.

“I haven’t taken a great ­interest but will watch their grand final and get my head around our next match. Wigan have always been strong.

Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan says he has the players to handle Wigan if the Super League champions' emotional build-up gets the better of them in Sunday's World Club Challenge.

With the pride of Super League on the line after poor performances in the World Club Challenge and Series over the past two years, there are expectations the DW Stadium game will get fiery, with punching not an automatic sin bin under the international rules which will apply. 

"[Paul] Gallen and [Andrew] Fifita and [Matt] Prior and them – they'll handle that easy. 

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cronulla-sharks-coach-shane-flanagan-warns-wigan-his-team-will-meet-fire-with-fire-20170212-gubc8y.html

Thanks Alloa,  well that should even get the non Wigan fans behind their countrymen, some (not all) Aussies are hard to stomach at the best of times, pompous ones are best ignored.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

5 hours ago, Allora said:

This coming from the coach who was banned for 12months over his involvement in the doping saga, Cronulla are such a easy team to hate they just keep on giving.

Getting very excited above this now. I watched the documentary about our Roosters game last week and it struck me just how seriously we take these games. Our 3 home games offer some hope - narrow defeat to St George, the draw with Brisbane before last year's blow out. I know we take all these games seriously but last year's game felt much more low key - the 2 previous games had really aftected out start to the season and Wane was under massive pressure to win something with his side and his methods (as opposed to inheriting both from McGuire in the first couple of years when he won the lls  and the double). The mindset will be different this year - we will give everything knowing that we can come back strongly later in the year. 

11 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

People here must have forgotten that Wigan has former Sydney Roosters and South Sydney Rabbitohs speedster winger Joe Burgess playing for them.

And?

On 2/15/2017 at 9:22 AM, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Missing from the side that did ok last year are Valentine Holmes (Injured), Ben Barba (RU) & Ennis (Retired), Tony Williams (Injured & Hopeless) & Feki (Injured). These missing players just even the concept up IMO with the difference in salary cap between the two comps.

C'MON WIGAN!!!

To be fair, that's not really anything to do with Cronulla picking their strongest team (i.e. taking it seriously). You can only pick who is available.

On 2/15/2017 at 7:59 PM, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

This coming from the coach who was banned for 12months over his involvement in the doping saga, Cronulla are such a easy team to hate they just keep on giving.

Wane should make some craic like he's surprised he hasn't had time to watch SL in the past...

On 16/02/2017 at 4:36 AM, GaryO said:

Thanks Alloa,  well that should even get the non Wigan fans behind their countrymen, some (not all) Aussies are hard to stomach at the best of times, pompous ones are best ignored.

Don't know exactly why his statements are pompous Gary...

All Flano was doing is answering a question from a reporter asking how his team might handle any extras thrown at them with no auto sin bin in place.

On 16/02/2017 at 6:59 AM, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

1. What has that got to do with anything?

2. Haven't any South Sydney players ever been busted for doping?

your fascination with the Sharks is tiresome

27 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

1. What has that got to do with anything?

2. Haven't any South Sydney players ever been busted for doping?

your fascination with the Sharks is tiresome

1. It's a reflection of the type of man he is.

2.This is a Wigan v sharks topic please don't derail it.

Can't Wait LETS GO WIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

57 minutes ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

1. It's a reflection of the type of man he is.

2.This is a Wigan v sharks topic please don't derail it.

Can't Wait LETS GO WIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. What is a reflection of the man he is? That if the game is derailed by dirty tactics of the opposition, his expression that he has the players to withstand that type of tactic??? "We're here to play football" I think exactly sums him up. You are talking nonsense.

2. Give over, stones and glass houses comes into mind with you RR. Your comments are a reflection of the type of person you are... and your comments are nonsense ? 

10 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

1. What is a reflection of the man he is? That if the game is derailed by dirty tactics of the opposition, his expression that he has the players to withstand that type of tactic??? "We're here to play football" I think exactly sums him up. You are talking nonsense.

2. Give over, stones and glass houses comes into mind with you RR. Your comments are a reflection of the type of person you are... and your comments are nonsense ? 

1. I'm sure you already know that I was referring to the mans 12 month suspension from the game being a reflection of him and the worth of his opinion on anything RL. your just playing silly buggers I know.

2. Does this mean you don't like me prophet ? Please say it isn't true!

Back to the game I believe John Bateman should be given a free pass to go after Fifita .  Take Fifita out of the game and Wigan win. What do you think sporty?

Archived