New Rugby League Film

iangidds

Evening All,

A while ago I set out to write my Rugby League film , well its done and it has been very well recieved so far! 

The film title at the moment is called Try Nations and you can find it on Facebook, please if you will like the page; it is in its infancy but it has got alot of people in the right places very interested. 

The plan is to make the greatest RL film with the most realistic action ever filmed, but I need you all behind this as soon as possible! Over the next few weeks there should start to be some really good announcements and I hope as many of you in the RL community will be in this from the start! 

Best regards

Ian Giddings

Try Nations

28 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Always wondered what would happen if Russel Crowe decided to remake the great This Sporting Life.

Well Try Nations I am hoping will be the next great RL film, hopefully a film to serve RL very well for the next 40 years!

12 hours ago, Pulga said:

Someone needs to adapt The Forbidden Game into a historical period drama. Surely Mr Crowe would be very keen on the idea.

Crowe is a Kiwi/Aussie, not sure if the "forbidden game" resonates that much down under, if at all.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

11 hours ago, Allora said:

Crowe is a Kiwi/Aussie, not sure if the "forbidden game" resonates that much down under, if at all.

You may be right. But have you seen how many times he's had to describe to hosts on TV talk shows that there are two "rugbys"? This would be a good way to popularize it.

new rise.jpg

5 hours ago, Pulga said:

You may be right. But have you seen how many times he's had to describe to hosts on TV talk shows that there are two "rugbys"? This would be a good way to popularize it.

Try Nations is going to do just that in a very modern way , dont worry

17 hours ago, iangidds said:

Try Nations is going to do just that in a very modern way , dont worry

Invictus starred Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon, took $122 million at the box office and was nominated for 2 Oscars......yet the "nuances' of Union are still a mystery to the majority of the global populous....I somehow doubt that your cinematic masterpiece will make the slightest bit of difference to the global awareness of either minority sport, but I do look forward to seeing it when it's released.

16 hours ago, nonbelievers said:

Invictus starred Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon, took $122 million at the box office and was nominated for 2 Oscars......yet the "nuances' of Union are still a mystery to the majority of the global populous....I somehow doubt that your cinematic masterpiece will make the slightest bit of difference to the global awareness of either minority sport, but I do look forward to seeing it when it's released.

Well as its League we will forget about the nuances of union,  this will not be a Hollywood style film but a european style film that will work with some keystakeholder partners that propose to put money back into grass roots RL in the Uk and Serbia.

what we need from the RL public is positivity as we are all too ready to be negative.

regards

ian

18 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Can we have a Hollywood 13?

It can be as serious or as stupid as you like.  And you can choose people "in their prime".

1. Arnold "I'll be (full) back" Schwarzenegger

8.  Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

9. Divine Brown or Julia Roberts

10. Arnold "The Terminator" Schwarzenegger

3 hours ago, Rob said:

It can be as serious or as stupid as you like.  And you can choose people "in their prime".

1. Arnold "I'll be (full) back" Schwarzenegger

6. Ted Grossman (Estuary Victim in 'Jaws')

10. Arnold "The Terminator" Schwarzenegger

Why Ted Grossman? Not just a top Hollywood stuntman/stunt co-ordinator/occasional actor, but he also captained the US All Star Rugby League team in their Fifties tour of Australia.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0343722/

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Tonka said:

I have to say I thought my RL trivia was ok but that is mind-bending.

10!

If you haven't read the book 'No Helmets required' by Gavin Willacy yet, you're in for a treat.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Why Ted Grossman? Not just a top Hollywood stuntman/stunt co-ordinator/occasional actor, but he also captained the US All Star Rugby League team in their Fifties tour of Australia.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0343722/

Futtocks I need people like you to make this thread work!!

8 hours ago, iangidds said:

Well as its League we will forget about the nuances of union,  this will not be a Hollywood style film but a european style film that will work with some keystakeholder partners that propose to put money back into grass roots RL in the Uk and Serbia.

what we need from the RL public is positivity as we are all too ready to be negative.

regards

ian

Well said Ian and I hope that they get enough funds to plough back into the sport in both the UK and Serbia, but it's worth remarking that making money from a movie isn't as easy as it sounds. This is not negativity, but simple commerce.

That said, Serbia is most definitely proving to be a growth area for us......

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

1. Arnold "I'll be (full) back" Schwarzenegger

6. Ted Grossman (Estuary Victim in 'Jaws')

10. Arnold "The Terminator" Schwarzenegger

11. Vince Vaughn

new rise.jpg

Their chequered history outside the movies apart, Jim Brown and O.J.Simpson would make a devastating pair of centres.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, nonbelievers said:

Well said Ian and I hope that they get enough funds to plough back into the sport in both the UK and Serbia, but it's worth remarking that making money from a movie isn't as easy as it sounds. This is not negativity, but simple commerce.

That said, Serbia is most definitely proving to be a growth area for us......

I understand that and we are under no illusions but we have to try , the film is based in Serbia and Montenegro where I live so if you have not done so far sign up to our facebook page at Try Nations or www.trynationsfilm.com 

its going to be an interesting journey!

Archived