London Sunday

clifford

Tough one this. TBH I had this down as a loss when the fixtures came out but now having seen us improve no end from the pre season fixtures,im not so sure. London have quality all over the pitch,keeping Mr Sammut quiet will be essential I feel to us getting a result.

Our side over the two previous games has looked good with Tuoyo and Gilly coming in and the DR lads busting a gut to help out.We look like a proper settled Championship side.

Crowd prediction is probably about right although of course we hope it will be higher.

Play like we have in the last couple and we wont be far off, looking forward to it.

Leatherbarrow drop goal to win it in the 79th minute ;)

Oldham leading by a point in the last minute.  A controversial penalty gives Sammut an opportunity to pinch the points but as he goes for kick he slips and the ball trickles along the floor into touch.  We all laugh, the hooter goes and it's all fun and more laughter in the social club afterwards. 

Awesome from Oldham today, yes we got beat but what an atmosphere. Lovely to see every Oldham fan there saluting a magnificent effort from the lads. Heartbroken for Dave Hewitt, apologising to supporters multiple times for missing the kickas he walked off the pitch. Shows the quality of the man and this Oldham side. Proud of them without any question.  What a side we have, Sam Wood from Hudds was absolute quality today, Tyler was solid as ever. Even in defeat, proud of each and every one of our lads today. Love this set of lads and our great club, let's keep it going next week in the biggest away game of the season. Play like we have over these last games and we will do well. See you all there. Up the Yeds!!

Well done boys.Controlled much of the game upfront,and just lacked composure in their 20 when it mattered.Undone by two pieces of individual brilliance by Williams and Sammut,who did nothing apart from that break that led to their 3rd try.If you knew no different,you would have been hard pressed to identify the full-time team.Forwards were immense,as was young Sam Wood.Pity Scott was off the field when we had that late penalty.Was Tuoyo injured or just rested?

Despite another agonisingly-narrow defeat,I'm not downhearted,just proud to be a Roughyed.

The boys put in a shift today.So unlucky,we will turn the corner and when we do people will take note.London bronco's have resources far bigger than ours but you wouldn't have thought that today.The game was close beyond belief. Our team was immense,the forwards were outstanding, how Adam Neal keeps going for as long as he does is outstanding for a prop.The whole gets a big Pat on the back today. Well done boys.

Well said. That was a superb performance, London fans are sure to say they were poor but I think that's because we didn't give them an inch.

We just lack that killer instinct ti get over the whitewash. Whilst I'm disappointed I'm very sure teams will hate playing us on that kind of form.

Plus think of the players to come in ...

I was well off the mark with my scoreline prediction.

Without that farcical "assist" from the referee for London's try in the the first half, we'd have had a win against one of the leading lights in the division. I really think the Broncos didn't know what had hit them and they had to really raise their game. Love him or loathe him, hats off to Jarrod Sammut, he won them the game.

I was bang on with my other statement regarding learning a lot about our current squad.

We now have a squad that can obviously compete with the best in this division.

Just a matter of time until someone gets their backside kicked.

Fantastic performance. We really should be on 5 points, chucked away one last week and at 18-12 we should have seen the game out. The improvement in one season has been amazing, we really look like a championship team and a bloody good one at that.

If Leatherbarrow stays on the pitch we win that quite comfortably. Hewitt was fabulous again and didn't deserve to miss that goal. Adam Neal was again supreme at prop as were Joy, Dickinson and Wardy. Sam Wood was excellent, really aggressive from minute one. I thought the turning point was when Gilly made a break at 18-12, he had Turner and Hewitt inside him ready to race under the sticks but went outside to Owen instead. A try there and its game over.

I thought some of our subs were a bit iffy and didn't help. Neal playing 70 mins straight then coming off for the most important stage of the game was strange and then not bringing Dickinson back on at the end. Gee was under utilised as well. Having Langers and Spencer swap sides so late in the game was very odd and Spencer missed the tackle that led to their winning try. Turner had a poor game, dropped one that led to their first try and then missed two tackles that led to tries.

When leatherbarrow went off we should have put Grimmer to stand off and Gee at centre. Gaz Owen is a decent hooker but really showed a lack of composure at half back which cost us.

Archived