London Sunday

clifford

When leatherbarrow went down injured instead of putting Owen in at half back we should have moved grimshaw to halfback and brought sam gee on at centre. I think the three hooker system is a bit silly . Hope Ben Davis fit for next week we will need him if Phil's injury is as bad as it looked the poor lad looked as if he was going to cry of sadness

Unfortunately could not get there today due to family comittmemts.Pity about the attendance they deserved better.Judging from the comments so far the game plan worked for 90% of the game.Positional changes weakened us,relying on Neal to play too much game time.I had previously voiced the concern about Owens roles and would like Grimshaw at 6,his natural position.Four dual-reg players would have helped us win this tough game,hopefully.So I would be looking for that quota against Hull KR next week and more time for Dickinson.Langtree and Spencer swapping sides is a puzzle,would Scott explain maybe a justifiable reason.One thing is for certain,tight matches against competitive opposition keeps our points difference for,for and against seriosly low whilst there is huge margins in the other matches.We just need some fine tweaking and I am sure we will be fine.

No probs Tandle, not upset me at all. Glad you were there pal.

Phil Joy popped his shoulder out apparently, guess we will see how he is. Agreed he had a blinder. Maybe a couple of weeks out with a bit of luck or if ligament damage a bit more. 

May I say its a pleasure to be on the forum and see so many positive and constructive posts. We all want this side to do well. We are all Oldham. Good stuff folks.

What a cracking game of rugby and feel sorry for the lads, fans and staff that we didn't come away with the points. Hopefully Scott and Phil Joy will be back quickly, both were having great games. The effort was superb and if we can sustain that level then we'll be fine. Isn't it a joy to be in the Championship and watching such good rugby. Can't understand the poor crowds. Can now look forward to Hull KR. ;)

Yesterday's attendances, 2016 average attendances in brackets

Swinton v Bulls 1193 (767)

Fax v Eagles 1241 (1713)

Hornets v Hull KR 2012  (512)

Us v London 558 (831)

Batley v Fev 1385 (1271)

Toulouse v Rams 1438 (1513)

The figures are a bit skewed due to the large travelling Bulls/HKR groups.  Batley v Fev are close and a West Yorks derby.

Obviously Hull KR brought a good following but I did see quite a few old Hornets faces back in the main stand. It goes without saying that Hull KR are a bigger drawing card than Coventry Bears, South Wales etc. We'll see if the old faces come again this Sunday against Halifax. Although we lost against Hull KR I couldn't really fault the effort or commitment.

I don't normally praise referees but I thought Ben Thalor had a great game yesterday except for his mistake that led to their second try and not sin binning for a professional foul when we could possibly have scored tries but only got a penalty - sadly missing one! .

Stats

Turner-8 tackles. 3 misses. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 20 carries=123m

Clay-2 tackles. one tackle bust. one clean break. 12 carries=110m

Wood-28 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one offload. 10 carries=67m

Grimshaw-21 tackles. one miss. 5 tackle busts. 10 carries=69m

Gill-7 tackles. one tackle bust. one clean break. 9 carries=62m

Leatherbarrow-10 tackles. one try assist. 1 carry=8m

Hewitt- 6 tackles. 2 carries=6m

Joy-31 tackles. 17 carries=105m

Owen-30 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 3 carries=14m

Neal-40 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. 15 carries=105m

Spencer-24 tackles. two misses. one tackle bust. 8 carries=51m