That so called Performance v Newcastle

The King Of Leon

An absolute disgrace, what do they do in training ? Theres no moves, no set plays, no centres who can break a tackle, no creativity from the half backs and worst of all no forwards  who can break a tackle. Granted we were lacking Watson , Lee and Reed but that's no excuse - their centre Olpherts who I swear was from the Dewsbury area ripped us apart in the 1st half and if theyd kick their goals theyd have had 50.I feel sorry for the 3 young Leeds kids they are way out of their depth , where we go from here I don't know but currently we are bottom 4 in this league nevermind top 4.

Agree 100 % , no point giving him time he isn't good enough. 2 passes and a drive is utter garbage.3 kids from leeds are way outta their depth at this level.No pace at all and a winger on loan who scored 1 try in 16 appearances for Whitehaven,surely we can do better than that.people will not pay £15 to watch performances like today.

Weve never had as many coaches, surely good solid ex pro players such as Rob Roberts, Mark Cass, as well as James Coyle and Steve Deakin can learn them a few new moves in training  ! The bottom line though when you lose  experienced players like Brown, Barnett and Faal and replace them with kids the writing was on the wall.

On today's performance we will struggle to beat Coventry next week at home in the cup.

Danny Thomas should be our number six , not wasted at fullback , which is not his position, 

As KOL said the young ex Leeds kid , who played number six is out of his depth in this league.

Yes KOL  you would think Coyle and Rob Roberts could learn them a few moves in training , like 

they used to do. As for Mark Cass , maybe he could train them two horses near them allotment's

on the way to the ground , to win the Grand National , as there is more chance of that than us going up this season.

Shameful performance. No spirit or organisation on the field. A lot of the players look totally dispirited. Why sign a winger on loan when we need forwards. Why did Danny Williams go back to Siddal.He wont be the last either rumours going round about other players who are unhappy.Coyle needs binning before it is too late. We also need a proper Director of Rugby.

newcastle rested 6 first teamers.........for sure they will be in top4... what i witnessed bottom 4 for hunslet

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

You've said it all gentlemen. Having only attended the creditable performance against Leeds of the pre-season, I was shocked at the ineptitude of Sunday efforts. Errors and dumb play all over the pitch and yes on that performance some of the players don't look good enough.

As always the real test is how we react to it next week. There are plenty of players capable of coming in and potentially doing a better job than we saw on Sunday (Watson, Lee, Reed, Whitehead, Gibson ...) and so it is up to everybody from the coaching staff in their team selection, to the players who go out on the pitch to get it sorted.

It can be done; you may remember we made a similar ignominious start against York in the same competition last year ... the following week we put 40 on Barrow. A similar reaction is imperative next Sunday.

On 20/02/2017 at 1:34 PM, Cardigan Arms said:

Shameful performance. No spirit or organisation on the field. A lot of the players look totally dispirited. Why sign a winger on loan when we need forwards. Why did Danny Williams go back to Siddal.He wont be the last either rumours going round about other players who are unhappy.Coyle needs binning before it is too late. We also need a proper Director of Rugby.

At least you won Steve.

Archived