Official Season Launch

GMcK

Please put Saturday 4th March 3PM in your diaries. We'll be officially handing the players their 2017 season jerseys at the club. Town legends will be presenting them. All fans, sponsors ,  supporters clubs welcome. Details to follow shortly. Players sponsors and club sponsors please look out for an official invitation. 

hi GMck , just a thought and it may have already been considered but how about at this season launch the people who purchased named seats during last seasons legacy appeal could have their seats officially given to them by club representatives with photos posted on the website or on twitter, providing they wanted them on social media etc....

On 2/23/2017 at 6:11 PM, Ginock1 said:

hi GMck , just a thought and it may have already been considered but how about at this season launch the people who purchased named seats during last seasons legacy appeal could have their seats officially given to them by club representatives with photos posted on the website or on twitter, providing they wanted them on social media etc....

We were told the nameplates were ordered before Christmas, Family and friends of mine who have purchased them keep asking me when will we see them on the seats ? This needs sorting out ASAP it puts the club in a bad light and that's the last thing we want with hopefully a bright new dawn on the horizon.

All we are after is a list to put names against seat numbers - all we know is we sent money to Town 3 or 4 months ago and no one I know has even had an acknowledgement.

Very poor once again from the club, and this is after the trouble I had trying to buy a named seat and as regards to ordering nameplates etc - fair enough it takes time. Howevert a few lines on the website updating the fans would only take seconds, no idea what is going on and wish I had not bothered now.

Hi Mr Frisky 

It's all happening over the next week . I think the club has been looking for the right solution to making the name plates 'outside proof '

Also some people stipulated both on the share purchase and the seat donation that they wanted it absolutely low key foe a number of reasons 

As it seems that you are unhappy with your nameplate donation, please message me with your details and I'll contact you to hopefully resolve. 

Not unhappy mate - just didnt have a clue what was going on as its been nearly 6 months and no word on the web site to say if any seats had been sold. Just know the our accounts had been charged and we thought the club had given up on the idea.

Working away for a bit so will attend over the summer to look over the seats in the ground for myself to see which seat our friends name has been given - cheers

22 hours ago, GMcK said:

Hi Mr Frisky 

It's all happening over the next week . I think the club has been looking for the right solution to making the name plates 'outside proof '

Also some people stipulated both on the share purchase and the seat donation that they wanted it absolutely low key foe a number of reasons 

As it seems that you are unhappy with your nameplate donation, please message me with your details and I'll contact you to hopefully resolve. 

Can you still buy one now?

On 2/27/2017 at 10:33 AM, GMcK said:

Hi Mr Frisky 

Having seen a sample of the plates I wouldn't have thought engraved plastic/laminate would need any outside proofing !!!

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:45 PM, GMcK said:

That's correct they don't. Sticking them to something else plastic does unfortunately. Cheers Gary 

Plastic adhesive and a G clamp Garry, they will be under shelter and can't see them dropping off unless someone forces them off, I've offered to fit them myself.

Great idea this Launch day and very well attended.

It was good to listen to Dave Clark and also hear him announce our Captain and Vice Captain for the coming season.

Both players were genuinely shocked as Dave had not told them and Carl's selection as Captain went down very well in the Bar along With Stuart as his Vice Captain.Good day also for us Sponsors to get to meet the Players and present them with their shirts for the Season.This was all about the club connecting with Supporters and Sponsors and the food provided by the Travellers Rest Supporters Club was most welcome and Scott also sold a few more 200 club membership's.

This is why our Club is head and Shoulder's above the  " Loadsa Money" Jam and always will be.

Well done everyone involved in setting this up.

Well done to all concerned who came up with this idea, well attended and what an inspired choice of captain and vice captain, I never thought of buffer being captain but when they announced his name I immediately thought....yes, what a great choice.

UTT

Great launch this afternoon. well done everyone concerned, nice touch having two local greats to hand out the players tops, Peters speech was brilliant, there's is a good feeling starting to emerge from our great club, a forward thinking board, a coach who will give locals a chance, and squad with a nice mix youth and experience.  Good luck for season lads.

UTT

1 hour ago, unicorn106 said:

Well done to all concerned who came up with this idea, well attended and what an inspired choice of captain and vice captain, I never thought of buffer being captain but when they announced his name I immediately thought....yes, what a great choice.

UTT

Carl has always been a fantastic clubman who has never spat the dummy out despite often being underrated by coaches and fans alike.  His 1000+ points for Town are testimony to his quality and commitment .Last year he played in a straitjacket --- so far this season he looks like he's playing in a dinner jacket ! Congratulations Buffer on a well deserved honour.

Delighted and shocked buffer being named captain but why not. He was the one who stood up and has went from being outcast from the 17 when some young fella from Wigan and dummy spitter Lupton were in the ranks but stuck with us and on derby days he looks through and through what  it means to a local 

I'm surprised that people were surprised that Carl got the nod. For me it would have been a straight choice between him and Jason Mossop, and with Jason busy with his testimonial then Carl is the obvious choice.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived