Cycling Season 2017

5 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

2.00pm BBC Parliament Channel today:

Doping in Sport Committee with evidence from figures in British cycling.

Is that the one that Sir Brad is avoiding?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

44 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Well, one of the support staff who delivered his medication to a race is reportedly too ill to attend.

British cycling could teach Russian athletics a thing or two

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 hours ago, longboard said:

Has he got an exemption?

Thankfully, the testimony from today should be enough to convince even the most credulous that professional cycling is basically pharmacology on tour.

49 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Thankfully, the testimony from today should be enough to convince even the most credulous that professional cycling is basically pharmacology on tour.

What revelations have been made about the said pharmacology?

8 hours ago, longboard said:

What revelations have been made about the said pharmacology?

It appears to have memory destroying powers as well as causes those in near contact to both win races and fail to use computer records.  Quite remarkable stuff.

21 minutes ago, stimpo-and-kat said:

they couldn't follow. 

They need a better quality of Vicks Inhaler.

• 3 months later...

Congratulations to Geraint Thomas on becoming the first Welshman to wear the yellow jersey in the Tour de France after his victory in the opening time trial in Duesseldorf yesterday. Great to see the elation on his face when he realised he'd won it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Mark Cavendish after the end of today's stage.

DD5o5qCXsAAfWkF.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

26 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Good with the elbow,doing nowt for a while.....

Seriously a shame for both riders and the race. No right answers here.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

22 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Some of the best cyclists in the world 

_20170703_195047.JPG

What a great shot!

#rightplacerighttime

The photographer said it was his first time at the Tour. Interesting to hear him explain how he picked his spot.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

15 minutes ago, Ullman said:

The photographer said it was his first time at the Tour. Interesting to hear him explain how he picked his spot.

Barry "The Oil Can" Rutherford? He says it was pure luck...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Mark Cavendish after the end of today's stage.

DD5o5qCXsAAfWkF.jpg

Being a sprinter in pro cycling has got to be one of the most dangerous occupations in sport.

What a rotten year he's had. I was looking forward to seeing if he could edge even closer to Merckx's record. 

20 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Barry "The Oil Can" Rutherford? He says it was pure luck...

He picked a tight corner after a bend in the road just after a roundabout after a downpour.

Pure luck :biggrin:

3 hours ago, corvusxiii said:

Good with the elbow,doing nowt for a while.....

Seriously a shame for both riders and the race. No right answers here.

My first reaction was that disqualification was a bit harsh. The elbow looked really iffy though.

Archived