Does playing in the WCC help raise standards?

JM2010

After the victories by Wigan and Warrington this weekend I was wondering if last year's whitewash has helped these teams improve.

Did getting beating by the Aussie's and experiencing the standards they play at influence the coaching and playing staff's training, preparation, mind set and standard of play as they strived to reach the same levels to be able to win?

Would an expansion of the WCC help to raise the standards at the top of SL as more teams would get the chance to experience this?

Just a thought

I just think that both teams this year started the regular season a lot better than the three involved last season, two of which were SL whipping boys for much of 2016.

I'm not sure that a single match in February could have had such a massive transformative effect.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wigan deserved the win but they put a lot effort into it and that usually means a payback with a dip in form usually later in the season, the Sharks could point out that their 3 top scorers were not playing but again that's an irrelevance as they still had enough firepower but they lacked someone with the skills of the retired Ennis to compliment Maloney and suffered for it in the attack phases. I thought Hicks Reffed well with good discipline aided by Chicken legs on the line! Though I thought the Sharks were not quite on their game it doesn't detract from the Pies win.

Wires win was less of a surprise I thought the Ponies looked a bit more vulnerable pre season and would miss the retired Parker and stay behind Blair up front! 

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

19 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I just think that both teams this year started the regular season a lot better than the three involved last season, two of which were SL whipping boys for much of 2016.

I'm not sure that a single match in February could have had such a massive transformative effect.

It can have it in the long term, let's say. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Archived