Bath RL 

LEAGUE TWO

Swindon St George A

Cheltenham Phoenix 

Gloucester Warriors 

Forest Bulldogs 

Somerset Vikings 

Bath Romans 

Hope all the teams have a great competitive season but especially to both Swindon St George teams. 

C'mon St George!!! 

#SSGfamily 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Janner said:

What happened to the application from Devon Sharks?

Are the two Bath clubs connected or separate?

No idea about the Sharks. The two Bath clubs are completely separate. Apparently they already have a hatred of each other. Sounds like there's some "history" there although I don't know what it is. I just copied the info posted on the Swindon St George players FB page.

Looked at last year's leagues.  It makes sense that five of the top six are in the higher league this year but where have the new Bath team come from?  If they're an offshoot of the Romans then the Romans are in the lower division.  If they're a new team, they should earn their stripes.

19 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

The West of England will be running two Divisions this year

LEAGUE ONE

Swindon St George 

Portsmouth Seahawks 

Southampton Spitfires 

Bristol Sonics 

Oxford Cavaliers 

Bath RL 

LEAGUE TWO

Swindon St George A

Cheltenham Phoenix 

Gloucester Warriors 

Forest Bulldogs 

Somerset Vikings 

Bath Romans 

Hope all the teams have a great competitive season but especially to both Swindon St George teams. 

C'mon St George!!! 

#SSGfamily 

Looks positive .

Could you say what the standard will be like .

Any players with league experiance , Aussies/kiwis/french lads etc .?

When the Gloucester Warriors started up as Cheltenham in the early days we travelled as far as Crewe and Leicester for fixtures. Must be more mangeable now with fixtures down the road?

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 2/24/2017 at 7:33 AM, Janner said:

What happened to the application from Devon Sharks?

Are the two Bath clubs connected or separate?

Devon Sharks got turned down for some reason. It makes no sense really because they have the players, money, and a new ground. In 3/4 years they will have a new £4 Mill sports hub in Bovey Tracey. The irony is, there were two applications for the West of England League, and one of them was Sharks. Two sides have been added to the league, one of them wasn't Sharks. This Bath side come on the scene and have been accepted?

Could it be they have an RFL man at the helm.... 

20 minutes ago, BeerGrills said:

Devon Sharks got turned down for some reason. It makes no sense really because they have the players, money, and a new ground. In 3/4 years they will have a new £4 Mill sports hub in Bovey Tracey. The irony is, there were two applications for the West of England League, and one of them was Sharks. Two sides have been added to the league, one of them wasn't Sharks. This Bath side come on the scene and have been accepted?

Could it be they have an RFL man at the helm.... 

The clubs didn't want the travelling allegedly even though it's one game a season 

23 minutes ago, bowes said:

The clubs didn't want the travelling allegedly even though it's one game a season 

Very weak excuse really. Bath to Portsmouth takes the same as Bath to Bovey Tracey where Sharks play give or take five minutes. It's motorway all the way to...

1 hour ago, bowes said:

Yeah they only have fellow leagueless club Cornish Rebels to play I believe plus any friendlies from teams further afield

I believe they have a number of fixtures lined up because they lined up a Plan B for this event. There is games with West Wales Raiders, and some other Welsh teams I believe. Plus, some university teams. There is others, but I am not sure who with.

12 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Disappointing we can't accommodate some UK clubs in a proper league system 

Yeah Gloucestershire All Golds A, London Chargers, West Wales Raiders, Valley Cougars, Aberdeen Warriors, Devon Sharks and Cornish Rebels don't really have a suitable league to play in.

12 minutes ago, bowes said:

Yeah Gloucestershire All Golds A, London Chargers, West Wales Raiders, Valley Cougars, Aberdeen Warriors, Devon Sharks and Cornish Rebels don't really have a suitable league to play in.

That's not good enough by the RFL in my opinion, to be in a situation like that with so many clubs (a couple are understandable) 

12 hours ago, bowes said:

All big names in community rugby league.... cast adrift by a ridiculous governing body.  

Exciting times for Rugby League in the West of England and more specifically Bath and surrounding area:
- recruiting now ahead of the 2017 season
- attend our debut pre-season training session
- we have secured a place in the West of England League
- we have signed an agreement to play and train at Chippenham RFC for the 2017 season
- new personnel

For further updates on the 2017 season and beyond, please come down to Chippenham RFC on Monday 6th March 2017, 7pm

Please like & share this poster! 1f3c9.png?

Twitter: @BathRugbyLeague

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BathRugbyLeague

Promo open training poster - Monday 6th March 2017 Jpeg.jpg

First preseason run out for Swindon St George. A 24-16 (5 tries to 4) defeat away at Cardiff RL (abandoned at 60mins due to pitch becoming unplayable). Despite the loss it was a good performance from SSG against a good Cardiff side. Looking forward to the rematch at our place on 2nd April.

On 26/02/2017 at 6:29 PM, bowes said:

I know that Swindon St George voted for Devon to be allowed to join. I also believe that two SSG teams are trying to arrange a trip to the South West to play Devon and Cornwall in a bye weekend. 

I hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure two separate Bath clubs will have enough players to compete (no evidence,  just a feeling). I'd have preferred Devon to be admitted and one Bath club. 

Archived