SUNDAY'S GAME AT HKR

jroyales

Agree, they'll definitely be up for it after we embarrassed them last season. Although, the way we have started this season they're going to earn their full time professional money. Don't think we have much to worry about if we continue with our rock solid defence, apart from penalty kicks at goal with a couple of minutes left on clock. 

2 hours ago, TOSH1960 said:

Shame we have no dual reg players but hopefully will have the two loan players from Cas fit. We don't need to fear anyone this year. Really looking forward to it. ;)

Wood in Huddersfield Team but Tyler Dickinson not in the 17 lets hope Naylor can have a further conversation about Giants releasing him to help us out

COME ON OLDHAM!!!! COME ON OLDHAM!!!!!

14 hours ago, Roughyeds Return said:

Wood in Huddersfield Team but Tyler Dickinson not in the 17 lets hope Naylor can have a further conversation about Giants releasing him to help us out

Doesn't the 19 man squad need to be in Thursday or Friday like last season? 

Just now, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Just hoping we can get closer to them than hornets got.

Ten minutes from the end it could have gone either way. 18-20 with a scrum in their 20. We made a hash of it, they went down the other end for a 6 pointer. Then the ref gave a pen after the hooter had blown for another 2.  I'm not saying we should have won but we certainly could have.

Being honest I thought it was a good time to play Hull KR. They obviously haven't got their act together yet and haven't had much of the benefit of being full time. Could be towards the end of the season it will be another story.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Ten minutes from the end it could have gone either way. 18-20 with a scrum in their 20. We made a hash of it, they went down the other end for a 6 pointer. Then the ref gave a pen after the hooter had blown for another 2.  I'm not saying we should have won but we certainly could have.

Being honest I thought it was a good time to play Hull KR. They obviously haven't got their act together yet and haven't had much of the benefit of being full time. Could be towards the end of the season it will be another story.

Although we're rivals I'm really pleased that us , Rochdale and swinton seem to be holding our own. Let's hope it continues. 

Oh well,never mind.They've got this one out of the way. They shouldn't be too downhearted, the next game we should be competitive and let's try and kick on from here.Hull kr was always a big ask,they were probably desperate not to let what happened last season repeating itself. I don't think we've done too bad up to now,two out our three defeats have been agonizingly close.Come on boys you can do this.

More teams than us will be on a hiding up at HKR, don't forget Dewsbury put 48 past us in the last game of last season. Today we started off terribly but showed a lot of spirit and character to hold them for large parts after the horrific first 20 mins, the wind was awful and we tried to force too many long passes which got blown all over the place, individual errors contributed to a poor start which we never recovered from,second half we did OK. Hewer gave us nothing really, caned Oldham at every opportunity yet let HKR get away with quite a few things.Its not quite as bad as some would think in the scheme of things. Nice to see Hull KR fans walking out applauding the vocal Oldham support, HKR in summary are too good for the Championship but not quite good enough as it stands for SL. Definitely the best side in this division by a mile. We go again next week in a big game, Dewsbury will be desperate for points, we need to steady the ship again and get two points in the bag. Should be a good match, forget this HKR result and back the lads in numbers next week to get back on track.

Came away from the ground yesterday with mixed emotions.Against a full-time team,hell bent on avoiding the embarrassment of last season and playing on a firm pitch in dry,but very windy,conditions,we were always going to be up against it.Add in the fact that we didn't have any DR players available and Grimmer went off injured in the first half,never to return,and the task became even more daunting.

Playing with the wind,we found ourselves 30 points down after half an hour,and a mauling of titanic proportions looked on the cards.We couldn't control the ruck,and Lunt was running riot,allowing Abdull and Ellis to give quick service to their outside backs.When we had the ball,we rarely played out the six on the back of numerous unforced errors.The only way we were going to put any pressure on a rock-solid defence was with a good kicking game,but we didn't have any decent field position to do this.Credit the lads' grit and team spirit though,as we defended heroically and managed to keep them scoreless for 30 minutes either side of the break.However,we continued to drop the ball,and on the back of a high penalty count against us,we conceded 3 more times,once when Tyuou spilled on the overlap and they went the length of the field to score.The last 10 minutes saw our only attacking flurries near their line,but in truth I don't think we would have scored if we had played till midnight.

I'm not sure what the completion rate was,but I'd wager it was the lowest for many a season.It is testament to the team's spirit that we restricted them to under 50.Yes,it was a bad day at the office,but we won't be the only team to get caned here this season.Let's regroup,put this one behind us and focus on a massive "four-pointer" on Sunday.

Whilst I am on here,am I alone in thinking Gaz Owen seems to be really struggling for form at the moment? Not for the first time this season,Kenny looked by far the better option when he was on the pitch yesterday.

Archived