MOM Sheffield V Batley Bulldogs

redditchbulldog

21 minutes ago, doggystyle said:

I only caught the second half on the wireless but have to confirm the reports on Farrell. They really emphasised how greedy he was, how team mates were lining up and he chose (in their opinion wrongly) to take the tackle and how we would have scored a lot sooner had he passed. Just some commentators opinions but to the guys that saw the game this is what us listeners had to take on board. 

Maybe, but I would think only once he didn't pass when he should have. Generally speaking, seeing him in the flesh so to speak, he was a breath of fresh air - an opinion shared by many others who were there if the votes above are anything to go by.

Anyway, all just opinions. I will be delighted if he does more of the same on Sunday.

Only confirming that what phildog heard on the radio was true, as in was actually said. So nobody goes to town on him. Two seasons back I said Farrell could be in SL if he sorted his attitude. Maybe Disco can channel that aggression and bring out the best in the lad. Hope so, and sounds like he's well on his way from attending fans' reports. 

I don't recognise that DS there were only the one occasion imo when he should have passed but instead tried to dummy his man and I guess he just wanted to open his debut with a score! And when you consider it's his first competitive match since last year I thought he was excellent and even held his temper when targeted by the Seagulls players especially Blackmore 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

i really think anyone who dident make the game needs to grab a dvd to see just how good we were,forget the wireless there paid to make most a things and sound as thou they know everything. have a check just how fast farrell was going and the speed of support from scotty,then think the lad might a just wanted to be safe first game  for a while and he did right. i dont buy into all this sheffield were a bit off rubbish, we played some superb flowing rugby and some massive tackles from the kickoff, i for one were well suited with changes within 7 days. likes been said were a squad thats going to gell more and shirts will be fought hard for so some cracking rugbys to come this season for sure. i dare say we will lose a few more along the way but things will be fine for 2017,:aggressive:

3 hours ago, Supertyke said:

Video highlights on the Bulldogstalk website

http://www.bulldogstalk.net/sheffield-10-batley-54/

Are these highlights taken from the official match DVD that the RFL will use in the event of any disciplinary issues?  If so surely they would have something to say about the camera being positioned so that post(s) block the view of chunks of the pitch.

Right decision time,

1, Farrell, if that's what he was like first time out, what's he going to be like when he is used to them.

2, Gledhill, immense no nonsence stuff.

3, Holmes, good vision and not frightened of spreading the ball either side.

On Sundays showing we could have filled 1-6.

I also liked how Brambani was talking to them all the time, and that fella that kept running on and out did the Sheff fella, I think it was Mauni, lol. 

Bit slow on the old marking this week so results as follows

1) Joel Farrell  25 pts

2) Cain Southernwood 21 pts

2) Brad Day 21 pts

4) Adam Gledhill 16 pts

5) Tom Homes 14 pts

6) Dave Scott 6pts

7) Macauley Hallett 2 pts

8 ) Sam Smeaton 1 pt

8 ) Wayne Reittie 1pt

8 ) Dom Brambani 1 pt

So for running total after this week 4 votes