New Stadium for Stalybridge Celtic?

roughyed8

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but I heard the Celtic Owner Rob Gorski on Radio Manchester on Thursday talking about this.

If it happens it won't be complete for a couple of years but with no concrete plans for a stadium suitable for championship rugby in Oldham 

how will it affect the Roughyeds?

https://beyondthebigtwo.wordpress.com/2017/02/24/stalybridge-celtic-reveal-they-are-in-talks-over-moving-to-a-new-stadium/

As it stated in the article, it's early days so I'm not unduly worried about it.Someone mentioned on the forum that this could be our last season at the fold as we're supposed to be on our way back to Whitebank,I don't know how that will go down. I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure we'll find out in due course (well that's what you'd think).

...is the correct answer.

As someone who first turned up at BF in 1971, the possibilities that have been discussed in the last week or so could have ramifications that are heartbreaking. I already did that once with Watersheddings. I have no desire for a repeat.

Rest assured folks, you can sleep soundly in your beds. Whatever happens with Stalybridge Celtic and Bower Fold over the next 1-3 years, it will have no effect whatsoever on Oldham RLFC.

(Read into that what you will...)

10 hours ago, OutsiderLookingIn said:

so that would leave Bower Fold unused? Hmm...in an ideal world, pie in the sky and lottery wins/rfl funding an all that....how would people feel if ORLFC bought/leased Bower Fold for our sole use as our permanent home?

Id suspect bower fold would be sold to fund a new stadium

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Archived