Dewsbury Rams

moorside roughyed

Don't get too carried away guys.

(Here's Bryan with the weather..)

The Bower Fold pitch is currently in total rag order. Storm Ewan and the current forecast won't do a great deal to improve prospects. 

Word has it that snowshoes or a canoe is currently the best way to go up the left wing. No doubt the groundstaff will bust a gut, but the weather really isn't helping at the mo.

(I'll have a bimble up with the mutt and see for myself at first opportunity...)

Don't throw your water-sodden teddy out of your pram just yet OLI. 

Due to two substantial grants in the last 20 years being spent on drainage (c.£500K plus), coupled to a first-class grounds team, the current state of the pitch is solely due to a pretty rough time with the local climate. I've seen a great deal more sand laid down on other pitches, due to other reasons that are best not dwelt upon..

Your comments do you no credit whatsoever, so you might want to revisit this one in twelve months time and see then what your new pitch looks like. (If you know what I mean - wink wink).

Hopefully they'll get the Dewsbury game on. If they don't, it won't be through lack of trying. Oldham's money is so important to Celtic, and your comments are a bit of a kick in the b0ll0cks to the people who graft their 4rse off to produce a good playing surface, whilst at the same time knowing that they won't get 90 minutes of their beloved footy on this Saturday.

Sure your mate thought the "bucket and spade" analogy was hilarious. But not as funny as the result from the Whitebank pitch inspection this weekend. 

"Ungrateful" doesn't even begin to cover it.

Just seen Hudds 19 for Thursday night, all the lads who have turned out this season for us on DR are in it ,and I wouldn't be surprised if the two that drop out are not offered to us due to the injury crisis over there.

Might be another go it alone game for the club but that should still be OK as long as Grimmer is OK after his head knock on Sunday and Tuoyo is fit.

Turner,Gill,Egodo/Grimmer,Tyson,Clay,Leatherbarrow,Hewitt,Davies,Owen,Neal,Langers,Spanner,Thommo. Sub's. Gee,Ward,Hughes,Burke

Hopefully the Stalybridge ground staff can sort the pitch out before Sunday,they will do their best I'm sure.

Match officials for Sunday.

Oldham RLFC v Dewsbury Rams Sunday 5th March Bower Fold, Stalybridge KO : 15:00

Referee: S Mikalauskas

Touch Judges: P Marklove R Dolan

Reserve Referee: N Lawrenson

M Com: J Holdsworth

Time Keeper: K Leyland

Match Assessor: F Hawley

(Please note can we remind J Holdsworth that Lordy was onside in the cup semi final :):) )

Agree ex. Heard nothing about how he is progressing from the knee injury,no news from the club at all on him. Seems odd if you ask me. About time the club said something considering he is a contracted Oldham player but hasn't pulled a shirt on yet.

Seriously doubt that train of thought Clifford, he ain't been available all season! Squads are known to the RFL and therefore opposition coaches 48hrs before a match. The team can be named within an hour of kick off. Coaches know who is in a squad of 19 two days before a game. Can't imagine for one minute Chappell is that much of a secret weapon. So the question remains, what's going on with Chappell? Every player who has been injured we have had some sort of update,but not for Nathan? Something doesn't add up.

There could be a whole host of reasons why there's not been an update, personal reasons, legal reasons or simply waiting for medical information. I am sure with the better communications from the club, a statement will become available when it's in the best interest of the player and the club. ;)

Bradford seem to get as many lonees from as many different clubs as they want why ? And they seem quality players too makes me sick when Oldham where relegated to ch1 without any help or funding what so ever and made to go it alone as I think where Swinton double standards by the RFL would be even more sickening if another club where relegated and they stayed up.

chappy

3 hours ago, wozz said:

Why not get rangi chase from cas on  loan while the pending investigation goes on, we  seem to have a good relationship with cas, does anyone know about the players we've signed on loan 

I'd rather not. A big ego that thinks he is bigger than the club

Maybe no DR this week then with Hudds naming all the lads who have turned out this season for us in their team tonight.Can't imagine them sending anyone being down to the bare bones themselves. Good job a couple more of our players are available this week ?. 

Archived