Dewsbury Rams

moorside roughyed

On 26/02/2017 at 8:04 PM, BryanC said:

Don't get too carried away guys.

(Here's Bryan with the weather..)

The Bower Fold pitch is currently in total rag order. Storm Ewan and the current forecast won't do a great deal to improve prospects. 

Word has it that snowshoes or a canoe is currently the best way to go up the left wing. No doubt the groundstaff will bust a gut, but the weather really isn't helping at the mo.

(I'll have a bimble up with the mutt and see for myself at first opportunity...)

Any further updates Bryan?

Not at the mo, Tosh. I've been a bit busy this week, no time to take a look.

Wouldn't like to call it as things stand, but think we can all assume that "match off" would be a big blow to our landlords and a lot of money gone begging.

Fingers crossed folks, I will try to get up and have a quick look. (Forecast looks disappointing though, to be honest).

Spoke to Celtic's kit manager this morning, he reckons as things stand, definitely on.

Been up to take a look, pitch looks pretty good considering. A few sandy patches, but it certainly doesn't look a bog.

A bit of rain forecast around teatime, but tomorrow morning looks a bit grim to be honest.

On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 9:42 PM, BryanC said:

Don't throw your water-sodden teddy out of your pram just yet OLI. 

Due to two substantial grants in the last 20 years being spent on drainage (c.£500K plus), coupled to a first-class grounds team, the current state of the pitch is solely due to a pretty rough time with the local climate. I've seen a great deal more sand laid down on other pitches, due to other reasons that are best not dwelt upon..

Your comments do you no credit whatsoever, so you might want to revisit this one in twelve months time and see then what your new pitch looks like. (If you know what I mean - wink wink).

Hopefully they'll get the Dewsbury game on. If they don't, it won't be through lack of trying. Oldham's money is so important to Celtic, and your comments are a bit of a kick in the b0ll0cks to the people who graft their 4rse off to produce a good playing surface, whilst at the same time knowing that they won't get 90 minutes of their beloved footy on this Saturday.

Sure your mate thought the "bucket and spade" analogy was hilarious. But not as funny as the result from the Whitebank pitch inspection this weekend. 

"Ungrateful" doesn't even begin to cover it.

My comments do me no credit whatsoever? ? I'm not commenting for anyone's credit at all Bryan, not even yours :)

And as for 'my mate' thinking it was funny.... it wasn't anyone I knew....just a random comment from a member of staff.

Now I really couldn't care a hoot what you think of me or my comments, but please at least try and be factual when trying to run me down.

On 05/03/2017 at 9:01 PM, Connor mcb said:

We don't need any more stewards vs  fans civil wars. We've had blackironmangogglesgate we have had undercoverstewardsgate now volume 3  pitchgate. It's not needed we don't have enough fans as it is.

agreed...im only hear to read the craic and to see dave naylors outstanding artwork!

On 05/03/2017 at 9:01 PM, Connor mcb said:

We don't need any more stewards vs  fans civil wars. We've had blackironmangogglesgate we have had undercoverstewardsgate now volume 3  pitchgate. It's not needed we don't have enough fans as it is.

and that made me laugh far more than it should have! :D

4 hours ago, allroughyed said:

What exactly is " blackironmangogglesgate " ?

The steward last year who had those massive black camera goggles who just stood watching the fans filming them and was a the talking point of heated discussion for a few weeks last season.

Archived