Oh Dear Rangi......

28 minutes ago, danny79 said:

It's true he was absolutely smashed,,next thing there was a bloke punching him on the balcony...he really don't help his self..and can't believe mr Powell puts up with him as they are doing well when he don't play

He's an idiot, no reason to go to a Fev game and especially get drunk and place himself in a vulnerable position.  That said I don't doubt he was targeted, I would hope criminal charges are brought against those who targeted him as their appears to be plenty of witness's.

I suspect Powell won't put up with him any longer.  Let down the club who have supported him and his team mates who he recently praised for helping him.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

He's an idiot, no reason to go to a Fev game and especially get drunk and place himself in a vulnerable position.  That said I don't doubt he was targeted, I would hope criminal charges are brought against those who targeted him as their appears to be plenty of witness's.

I suspect Powell won't put up with him any longer.  Let down the club who have supported him and his team mates who he recently praised for helping him.

I wasn't in the clubhouse so can't vouch for the veracity of what I heard happened, but the story goes that he was being grossly over familiar with a woman, who's husband naturally took exception to his wondering hands.  The altercation then went outside and Rangi was removed from the premises.  I did see Rangi as I was entering the stadium and he looked to be in a right state.

Darryl Powell is a mate of the chairman's, wouldn't be at all surprised if he was present.

The bloke clearly needs urgent help.

Everyone says he needs help well first you have to help yourself,,I know a lot about mental health issues and he is certainly not helping his self.

look at Paul wood speaks about his issues but you never hear him having fights and drunken brawls.

the bloke just likes getting wasted and if I didn't know who he was I'd of had him down as a snack head the way he looked last night..as for been "targeted" he makes himself a target..

18 minutes ago, danny79 said:

Everyone says he needs help well first you have to help yourself,,I know a lot about mental health issues and he is certainly not helping his self.

Agree on this point.  I think Rangi has access to help.  I would expect professional help which I assume the club or RFL have/would facilitate,  alongside support from a close group of grounded team mates (JSL has introduced him to his church group as an example of this help).  Talking of church the parable of the flood springs to mind in Rangi's case http://blog.eternalvigilance.me/2012/01/the-parable-of-the-flood/.

He needs to start taking the help and help himself!

47 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Apparently he's in talks with Toronto Wolfpack for next season 

Well, their press hasn't condemned the fisticuffs and that TW finished with 10.  Whether he's a good fit anywhere is the question.  

Needs help, but how much time will that take?

2 hours ago, danny79 said:

look at Paul wood speaks about his issues but you never hear him having fights and drunken brawls.

the bloke just likes getting wasted and if I didn't know who he was I'd of had him down as a snack head the way he looked last night..as for been "targeted" he makes himself a target..

And yet you hide that so well in the rest of your post.

People called Romans they go the house

6 hours ago, danny79 said:

Has he now got an eating disorder as well.  :biggrin:

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

A total waste of talent. 

Would any  other respectable club take him after this latest indiscretion?

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

im surprised the bbc haven't jumped on the opportunity to make this the rl web page headline with their recent record of headlining the worst of our game

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

10 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Can we have this thread pinned? 

I'm sure you find yourself funny in your own little way

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

4 hours ago, Wilderspoolmemories said:

A total waste of talent. 

Would any  other respectable club take him after this latest indiscretion?

dunno about "respectable" but I'm sure we wouldn't kick him out of bed...

28 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

You'd probably have to rouse him on game day after one of his 'big nights' out.

I wouldn't have thought sleeping in a police cell was that easy.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I can see how the club might target him for a short term contract.... a tilt at the 8s..... he wouldn't be my choice in a million years and I suspect his reception at Fev would be at best tepid to hostile and as demonstrated on Thursday.. .. quite possibly threatening.

There are no doubts as to his past abilities though I believe his best is a long time past and his value to a settled squad more negative than positive.

On 2017-3-2 at 4:58 PM, Davc1h said:

Anything to substantiate this?

I would be amazed if pro rl players drank the night before a game. They just would not be able to perform IMHO.

Don't know about today's players' tolerance for booze but I knew 2 players back in the 70's who had a serious swallow just before taking to the pitch. Bottle of cooking Sherry was one lad's choice. ?

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:10 PM, Lowdesert said:

Even after this weeks escapade?  

What is also interesting in the Saints link saying they won't be renewing Lomax contract.  

Noticed that as well. Although when it says he made his debut in 2009 and he has only played 142 games for the club, I guess this explains why.

Archived