Haydock

clifford

Look forward to welcoming Haydock and their fans to the Fold, sure they will bring a few and have a good day out. Realistically shouldn't be any problem to us but its the cup and all that entails,their boys will come fired up. Professional performance needed from the lads when the time comes, we will give them due respect I'm sure.

You underestimate your opponent at your peril. Haydock will receive the same respect any other team playing us would receive. I look forward to welcoming their staff,players and supporters. This will be a big game for them.But we will have to approach the game just like any other.

On 28/02/2017 at 7:17 PM, roughyed34 said:

Look forward to welcoming Haydock and their fans to the Fold, sure they will bring a few and have a good day out. Realistically shouldn't be any problem to us but its the cup and all that entails,their boys will come fired up. Professional performance needed from the lads when the time comes, we will give them due respect I'm sure.

it will be a great day thats for sure! Im hoping both sets of fans are in fine voice, as that, for me, is what starts the creation of a fabulous atmosphere, fans singing, and doing their chants. Id love to hear more of it on a match day.

Its good that Haydock isnt too far away, that fans will have to spend a massive amount of time driving/travelling, so can make a day of it.

anyone know what the weather forecast is going to be like? wondering whether to do a flask of tea or put the diet coke on ice?

• 2 weeks later...

Given that Huddersfield are struggling with injury and wont want players cup tied along with some of our players carrying knocks what do we think the team will be on Saturday?

How about:-

Lepori, Clay, Tyson, Gill, Chisholm, Leatherbarrow, Grimshaw, Burke, Hughes, Neal, Bent, Langtree, Davies

Subs Ward, Spencer, Owen and whoever else is available.

For what its worth I'd go....

Lepori,Clay,Egodo,Gill,Chisholm, Leatherbarrow,Hewitt,Davies,Owen,Neal,Langtree,Tyson,Burke/Grimmer. Sub's. Burke/Grimmer, Ward,Hughes, Spencer/Bent

Haydock will come pumped up and will give us a big 20 mins or so,maybe a bit more. We need to take the sting out of them and do a professional job. Nice to see the amateurs having a good run, they fancy their chances according to social media so we must not be at all complacent. 

Hopefully most of our supporters turn out for the game (not only for our lads but to show respect to Haydock)

Haydock will be bringing a few over no doubt and will enjoy the day come what may.

Looking forward to a good day on Saturday.

I'm really looking forward to it too.  The presence of the BBC and various other interested media people will add to the atmosphere and the hit the crossbar thing at half-time should be good.

When we played Kells last year the low turn-out was disappointing, especially after we'd started playing well in the league.  I always thought that those of us who did go to the game that day and then made up the noisy few at HKR in the next round sort of earned the right to be sat in the stand as we pulled off our cup-shock.

There was a sizeable Oldham crowd at Spotland on Sunday and it was a great atmosphere.  I hope that those who made the short trip over the town boundary to the north can do the same over the southern one on Saturday.  

If you're a lurker who hasn't been down to Bower Fold, it goes without saying that those of us who do make the trip into Tameside have a really good day out at a great ground.  Come on, you'll be able to wave to your Mum on telly and everything!  

No Tuoyo Egodo or Bent on Saturday then.Hope a couple of the lads who have knocks are OK to play if not I go...

Revised team lol. Lepori,Clay,Gill,Grimmer,Chisholm,Leatherbarrow,Hewitt,Neal,Owen,Davies,Langtree,Tyson, Burke. Subs. Ward,Hughes,Spencer,Neild?

Shame Tuoyo isn't playing,be a real handful for Haydock. Should have enough with that team if the injured boys ain't fit.

Can't understand why you are leaving Scott Turner out. He's hardly put a foot wrong apart from the Hull KR game. Lippy had a great game on the wing last week and so we had the benefit of both of them. As for injuries, hopefully there's nothing major but some maybe rested. I think Scott has to name his squad today being a Saturday match. 

I'm assuming Roughyed34 is omitting Scott Turner because he's injured?  Same goes for Sammy Gee and Thompy I suppose.

Maybe we're playing mind games and we'll announce an almost fully fit squad over the next 48 hours and that'll put the willies up Haydock (not a phrase I ever thought I'd type).

Let's allow Haydock to have their moment in the sunshine, treat them with courtesy and respect and then smash them off the park.  Should we win and get drawn away to a Super League club, whoever we get will want to do exactly that to us, 

Exactly Dave, fitness checks on those three to come. I did say if the three players were NOT fit then I would go with the team I selected.

Of course that side would look different if we knew we had a fully fit squad at this stage.

On 07/03/2017 at 11:01 AM, OutsiderLookingIn said:

it will be a great day thats for sure! Im hoping both sets of fans are in fine voice, as that, for me, is what starts the creation of a fabulous atmosphere, fans singing, and doing their chants. Id love to hear more of it on a match day.

Its good that Haydock isnt too far away, that fans will have to spend a massive amount of time driving/travelling, so can make a day of it.

anyone know what the weather forecast is going to be like? wondering whether to do a flask of tea or put the diet coke on ice?

Take a flask mate ?

Archived