Rochdale Hornets

clifford

37 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Following games on twitter is awful for the nerves!

As is being in Bangkok and having to rely on the BBC website. The scores keep getting reduced on each refresh action,reverting to earlier states of play.

The game just went from 14-26 to 6-6!

Next time I refresh the page it might be 0-0......

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

26 all.  

Fair refection of the game?  Lost points?  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Probably a fair reflection, but from an Oldham perspective we let Rochdale off the hook by letting them score in what seemed to be the last mnute of each half. Plenty of talking points from penalties, missed drop goals, missed conversions, forward passes, ball steals etc. which I am sure will be viewed differently but what made it such a great derby. Well done to both sides

we did every thing right until the last eight minutes then did three dumb things.  a attempted drop goal on the third tackle caught in possession on the fith tackle then silly penalties.  but saying this before the game I would have settled for a point against one of the leagues form teams and I was pleased how we through the ball about.

Gutted. Has to be a point lost rather than point gained due to poor game management in the last few minutes. Some of our former players came back to haunt us in first half, Palfrey made the first try with a clever last tackle play then Crowley scored the second and made the third. Just a good job Lewis left his kicking boots at home - missed 3 kicks in first half you would have backed him to kick. We failed to turn first half pressure and territory into points. Much better second half. Not sure about this 3 hookers system still as need an extra big forward in my view. Tyson did well on his return. No Gilly today - would like to see him in at centre with Egodo on wing as concerns about his defence showed again today. We move onwards and hopefully upwards in the league.

COME ON OLDHAM!!!! COME ON OLDHAM!!!!!

Couldn't make the game today due to a prior engagement but followed on Twitter as best I could. Seems like we let them off the hook in the last 10 to 15 mins.A draw must be better than a loss so let's kick on from here. Well done to everyone who turned up,I'm sure the boys appreciated it.

32 minutes ago, TOSH1960 said:

Last 10 minutes of both halves killed us! Awesome game of rugby with everything but came away thinking we'd been robbed. :negative:

I'd agree with that, we were terrific in parts esp Tyson, Lippy and Hewitt. Just a couple of errors hurt us and some sloppy defending at times. For the most part though superb performance..

Happy really with the draw. Great derby ,played in the right spirit too. Egodo was superb today, his defence looked OK to me. Shame we didn't manage to kill the game off,but credit to Hornets for hanging in. Good crowd too with over a 1000 in attendance, must have been 600 Oldham fans today. Honours even, that draw today might just make the difference in league places come the end of the season. Great day out,belting match,that's what RL is all about. Up the Yeds!

Really enjoyed the game today,and beforehand would have taken the draw,but came away a little disappointed and frustrated.Lots of big performances,especially Lippy,Tuoyo,George and Ben Davies.It was also good to see Gaz Owen back to somewhere near his best.

The forwards bossed the game up the middle and in general our play-the-balls were a lot quicker.Where we do need to improve is at both ends of the pitch.Despite all our possession we were still outscored 5 tries to 4,and our lack of creativity and cutting edge close to the line is stopping us picking up points that we have deserved.At the other end of the pitch every time Rochdale got in our 20 I thought they always looked like scoring.If our game management had been better we would never have been in danger of losing,yet if just one of Palfrey's 3 conversions had gone over Rochdale would have been undeserving winners.

Looking forward,I can only see us getting better.The return of Phil Joy,the eventual appearance of Nathan Chappell,George and Lippy getting more match-fit and players like Gilly and Grimmer waiting in the wings,fills me with confidence that we can more than hold our own,and that is without DR.

Gutted. We  really have to stop throwing away points as it might cost us as the season goes on. Average first half where we had the territory but lacked invention and then Crowley scores and sets up another and it looks like a bad first half.

We were dominant in the second half scoring twenty unanswered points but again switched off and conceding two extremely soft tries under the sticks.

Individually I thought Tyson and especially Ben Davies were outstanding. lippy looked like he'd never been away and Walne and Neal played well at prop until Walne went off injured.

I'm not to sure about some of Scott's decisions on team selection. Playing three hookers has always been his preferred style and we started like that last year but you can't get away with it in  the Championship and we quickly went away from that system. Seems to have crept back in this year for some reason and its costing us. Walne going off meant Wardy had to play 60 mins straight. Davies and Neal both played huge stints and looked knackered at the end.  Thommo went off near the end  playing through the pain barrier with his back.Why wasn't Spencer picked, he was probably our best player against Hull KR and has consistently played well and can cover prop, second row and loose.

1 hour ago, Dave Naylor said:

Rochdale haven't posted them yet.  Since it was an away game I'm waiting to see what they produce first :)

Cheers Dave

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

Stats

Turner-two offloads. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 24 carries=142m

Clay-5 tackles. one miss. 13 carries=114m

Tyson-19 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. one try assist. 5 carries=56m

Egodo-18 tackles. one miss. one offload. 5 tackle busts. one clean break. 10 carries=60m

Lepori-6 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 15 carries=118m

Leatherbarrow-18 tackles. one try assist. 2 carries=8m

Hewitt-4 tackles. one miss. one try assist. 1 carry=0m

Walne-15 tackles. 9 carries=56m

Owen-10 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 4 carries=27m

Neal-16 tackles. 4 misses. one tackle bust. 14 carries=115m

Thompson-21 tackles. one miss. 5 carries=30m

Langtree-31 tackles. 4 misses. two offloads. one try assist. 6 carries=24m

Davies-18 tackles. 4 misses. one offload. 18 carries=125m

Hughes-14 tackles. one offload. one tackle bust. 6 carries=37m

Ward-31 tackles. one miss. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 10 carries=58m

Burke-21 tackles. 10 carries=66m