Hornets v Oldham

Tyrone Shoelaces

8 hours ago, TOSH1960 said:

Milking penalties. Just watch Miles Greenwood holding the tackler down every time he was tackled nearly! Milking penalties haha

I don't know about the milking penalties issue but what I did find disturbing was the way Oldham players were appealing to the referee constantly through out the game.  We don't want our game getting like football.

The "highlights" video producers decided, naturally, to omit some of the reported lesser highlights - hard to take, even via solely a twitter feed!  Perhaps one problem is that many players are still adapting to the weekly intensity at this level, especially as part-timers.  We have played 2 full-time teams, and 2 of the probable top 4 seasoned favourites, winning 2 & close with 2.  Tackling (literally) this lot alone in some very poor conditions, possibly took it's toll come last Sunday.   Tonight's braining and training session should hopefully clear the air with the focus switched firmly to what lies ahead.

We have had a great start to a second life in the Championship, better than anyone could have envisaged in 5th place.  More of the "smarter" play that Killer emphasises is missing and we could have been higher.  Still, with 7 points in the bag we could be only 7 wins from safety after the full 30 matches including the Shield!   Our next two league games are against full-time teams, one of which has a little 'French history' from 2016 - points gained here could really set us on to a top 8 place.  Before then, a not small matter of York.  Need to keep a positive momentum.

Carry on the good work.

I thought that the Oldham Winger was offside in the first half when he scored off the kick through. Watch the video and see what you think.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

On 15/03/2017 at 6:20 PM, Big Doug said:

I thought that the Oldham Winger was offside in the first half when he scored off the kick through. Watch the video and see what you think.

It was the centre and no I don't think he was, just on. What do you think about an obstruction on Rochdales last try? 

Archived