Hull KR predictions

JimbobRam

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know why we don't get to know the '19' on a Friday anymore? ...... I found it an integral part of the game experience to see the squad announcements ... then a discussion over a beer!!  

Its appears this season as though squad announcements are 'top secret' and not to be released to fans if at all possible!!  Even the RFL website is not updated!!!  

It is normally put out by the social media team when the information is passed to them. If the information isn't passed on then we are in the dark. Why the information isn't passed on................................................your guess is as good as mine.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6-48 ft. In isolation not too bad against a full time near SL team , but it's still no wins and tries are a bit of a collectors item.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

24 minutes ago, NickD said:

At least the Doggies lost again!!!

Yeah and we were pants but at least we've six points in the bank!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, coolie said:

That's not even a bonus Bradford, they've lost to the only team keeping us off bottom.. 

Great another booby prize 

T'is to me Coolie.  Any pain can be eased by a Doggies defeat..

34 minutes ago, NickD said:

T'is to me Coolie.  Any pain can be eased by a Doggies defeat..

Despite the fact that we got hammered,and still scored more points in one match than you have all season? 

I guess in your situation, any straw is worth clutching!

10 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Despite the fact that we got hammered,and still scored more points in one match than you have all season? 

I guess in your situation, any straw is worth clutching!

Don't need a straw..Our season is going exactly as I thought it would and I am actually quite laid back and looking forward to a nice season in Champ 1.

I was just pointing out that even if I had just lost leg a Batley defeat would bring a smile.  Its nowt personal, just the way it is...In the same way some people deal with Man Utd..

Stick to your own forum and all will be well...

Just now, NickD said:

Don't need a straw..Our season is going exactly as I thought it would and I am actually quite laid back and looking forward to a nice season in Champ 1.

I was just pointing out that even if I had just lost leg a Batley defeat would bring a smile.  Its nowt personal, just the way it is...In the same way some people deal with Man Utd..

Stick to your own forum and all will be well...

No thanks, like you lot, I need to get my laughs from somewhere - there were certainly none to be had at Odsal this afternoon!

Its as plain as the nose on anyones face!!  .... Our forwards are better than last year!!  our outside backs are as good as last year !!!  ... We are defending much better than last season ... but we are doing nothing of note or entertainment in possession!! 

WE DONT HAVE ANY DECENT HALVES!!!  ...... or we play them out of position!

Sykes is not a 6!!! ...  Coe ... was he on the field today? is not  championship quality! ... Glover is not a half ..... ( imo he is a 13) ......  KAIN IS A 6!!! ( not ever ever ever a 7) why don't we play him at 6???? ......... PLAY KAIN AT 6!!!  

..... I don't mind relegation if we are not good enough!! but relegation through ignorance arrogance and stupidity I find hard to take ....  I hope this 7 we have just signed is a space finder!!  ... I don't know anything about him so I am hoping he is our missing link!!  

Great to see Josh back  ... great game today .. so safe under the high ball and good link play! 

So lets just speculate...... I think this team would not be  relegation fodder ( well coached with some planned plays) .....   1)Guzdek,... 2)Morton,.. 3)Crookes, 4)Sykes,... 5)Brown/Potts.... 6)Kain ....7) A DECENT SCRUM HALF!!!... 8)Stringer ...9)Ward ...10)Sheriffe ..11)Hale ...12) Walshaw ...13)Brown ... subs ... Spicer, Teanby,Tonks,Glover/Speakman...  No DR unless injuries or loss of form!!   ........ 

I know Hirst scored today .. but!!.. i don't think he wants to play for us!  ... Annikin does .. where was he today?? .... Oh I could go on for ages ..... but whats the point???  

The loss and score was as expected - but i also thought it a decent Rams performance. Rams kept at it and heads didn't drop which suggests team spirit remains good. A big positive was the return of Guzdek - quality (- I can't see him being with Rams for long). A big negative was Sykes' kicking in play - woeful - he is a centre, we need a different option for kicks. It was also interesting to see the choice of passes the KR halfs and hooker have - we simply dont have or create those options.

While the KR fan's barracking of every referring decision got a bit irritating towards the end, it was good to see a decent crowd that sings and plays its part in creating an atmosphere. Despite the score it was not a bad afternoon's entertainment.

10 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

I know Hirst scored today .. but!!.. i don't think he wants to play for us!  ... Annikin does .. where was he today?? .... Oh I could go on for ages ..... but whats the point???  

Thought keegan Hirst was our best player yesterday. Contstantly took the ball up and constantly looking for offloads. It wasn't his fault that there was rarely anybody there.  

11 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Its as plain as the nose on anyones face!!  .... Our forwards are better than last year!!  our outside backs are as good as last year !!!  ... We are defending much better than last season ... but we are doing nothing of note or entertainment in possession!!

WE DONT HAVE ANY DECENT HALVES!!!  ...... or we play them out of position!

Sykes is not a 6!!! ...  Coe ... was he on the field today? is not  championship quality! ... Glover is not a half ..... ( imo he is a 13) ......  KAIN IS A 6!!! ( not ever ever ever a 7) why don't we play him at 6???? ......... PLAY KAIN AT 6!!!

..... I don't mind relegation if we are not good enough!! but relegation through ignorance arrogance and stupidity I find hard to take ....  I hope this 7 we have just signed is a space finder!!  ... I don't know anything about him so I am hoping he is our missing link!!

Great to see Josh back  ... great game today .. so safe under the high ball and good link play!

So lets just speculate...... I think this team would not be  relegation fodder ( well coached with some planned plays) .....   1)Guzdek,... 2)Morton,.. 3)Crookes, 4)Sykes,... 5)Brown/Potts.... 6)Kain ....7) A DECENT SCRUM HALF!!!... 8)Stringer ...9)Ward ...10)Sheriffe ..11)Hale ...12) Walshaw ...13)Brown ... subs ... Spicer, Teanby,Tonks,Glover/Speakman...  No DR unless injuries or loss of form!!   ........

How do you know Annakin wants to play for us?

Perhaps he wasn't offered to us this week as Trinity played on the same day or just perhaps there is another reason................ ???

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Thought keegan Hirst was our best player yesterday. Contstantly took the ball up and constantly looking for offloads. It wasn't his fault that there was rarely anybody there.  

Yes, he had a quite good second half and was looking to get the ball away.

I also though that Glover made a positive difference when he was on, despite being singled out for criticism by GM in his after match interview. is there something that we don't know about there?

Overall though it was a difficult game to draw any conclusions from. The differences between the sides was enormous and comparisons are invidious. Our next league match will give us a much clearer steer on the task ahead.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

50 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Overall though it was a difficult game to draw any conclusions from. The differences between the sides was enormous and comparisons are invidious. Our next league match will give us a much clearer steer on the task ahead.

Not sure I need a clearer steer of the task ahead BSJ. My vision of the season ahead is as clear at St Helens glass unfortunately!!!

Well we are almost certainly going to be relegated.

Didn't Mark say champ 1 is not a viable option .

The first half we handed the game to them on a plate.

Paul Sykes ,obviously under  a lot of pressure ,like they all are,but he is having a nightmare of a season.

Good to see the ground with a reasonable crowd and atmosphere ,thanks to all those rovers fans.

Sad to say but we should  do a deal with Wakefield and get the ground used as it needs to be.

It might take Trinity years to get a new ground if at all.

The pitch could be a problem, i wouldn't want one like at widnes.

Looking forward to the first win of the season on friday.[please lads}

I dread to think what Neal will come out with if we lose that one!

1 hour ago, silcoates said:

I'd be more afraid of the shi'te morrison will come out with if we lose.. Be very afraid ;) lol

I would like to say there is no conceivable way we will lose to Newcastle 

But that could be the kiss of death...and then it will be mine & glovers fault then ;)

5 hours ago, silcoates said:

Well we are almost certainly going to be relegated.

Didn't Mark say champ 1 is not a viable option .

The first half we handed the game to them on a plate.

Paul Sykes ,obviously under  a lot of pressure ,like they all are,but he is having a nightmare of a season.

Good to see the ground with a reasonable crowd and atmosphere ,thanks to all those rovers fans.

Sad to say but we should  do a deal with Wakefield and get the ground used as it needs to be.

It might take Trinity years to get a new ground if at all.

The pitch could be a problem, i wouldn't want one like at widnes.

Looking forward to the first win of the season on friday.[please lads}

Steady on. We don't need Wakefield as much as they need us.

Once again they are attempting to use the threat of moving ground (to us or elsewhere) as a bargaining chip to try to extract something from their council. They will fail, as they have already failed to twist the arm of the developer who took over their ground. As soon as they agree to move somewhere else then the clause requiring the use of Belle Vue for playing RL football will become nul and void, allowing the complete development of the site.

they are trying to play a clever game and we must avoid being used as a pawn in this, once again.

Archived