Nathan Chappell

Sorry folks, not sure, please indulge me with a few questions.

1) Is that the same Nathan Chappell?

2) Are we on the same wavelength?

3) One of us?

4) What ?????

5) Stand by him? Why?

6) Most importantly - for something that appears to be in the public domain, why in the name of God, is everyone pussyfooting around it. Doesn't society have enough mindless thugs who are prepared to give anybody and everybody a good hiding for no real reason?

Am I missing something here, but from what I've just googled, I don't understand your (positive? supportive?) comments.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree here, please enlighten me.

If we did, I feel that it should never have happened. These guys are supposed to be role models for the young.

I remember a similar instance with a sportsman who shall remain nameless, he was involved in rioting and theft during the brief period of insanity in Manchester a few years ago. he got his marching orders.

Mud sticks, and I wouldn't care to have somebody like this associated with the club regardless of how talented they may be.

In my humble opinion, the sentence was way too soft, he should have got a stretch inside.

I assume that he isn't available due to the community service 

Once that has been completed then I think that he should be able to continue as he has served his sentence 

Do I think his contract should have been terminated...... Probably 

A great deal, but then again not.

Tyson's behaviour was both stupid and a disgrace, but didn't result the sort of injuries that were inflicted by Chappell.

If they had have been, in this day and age, George would have likely been looking at an assault charge as well as a ban.

Don't think we'll ever agree on this Tandle.

Rugby players (like boxers and martial artists) are trained to be stronger, harder and fitter than the man in the street. We all know how tough they are, but with their strength also comes great responsibility.

If he'd been a boxer, there's a more than fair chance he'd have had his licence rescinded sine die.

You just can't condone it.

Perhaps more recently the actions of a Fryston player who kneed a lad in the face while being punched by 3/4 others causing a broken jaw is more comparable than George's outburst in terms of potential for criminal assault charges,which afaik havnt been pressed. The bloke got a ban from all RL til June from the RFL,thats it.

Other players have been done for assaults etc and have been "welcomed" back into the RL fold.

If the incident with Chappell had occurred on a pitch then I would say that we don't want that sort of player in our side, but it happened on a night out away from rugby.Whatever the rights and wrongs in this situation regarding player/club then he has been sentenced for the assault by a court of law and I assume is completing his community payback at the moment. Done the crime,done the time. What he did was nothing to do with RL or Oldham RLFC therefore I don't see why the lad shouldn't get a chance to play for us.Up to this incident he apparently had no history of any involvement in violence.

I say give the lad a chance although by no means do I condone his actions in the incident which he was sentenced for.

Everyone deserves a second chance don't they?

bryan he committed a serious offence and as been punished 34 is right what about the attack by ben flowers on lance hohaia as seen on tv he got a ban wigan did not sack him.   so chappell as been sentenced by his peers £5000 compensation and 240 hrs.community maybe cots as well I personally want the club to stand by him.

Archived