11/12 Mar: The Kingstone Press Championship Match Thread

20 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

Three disallowed tries and then Swinton started to fight and TO fell to pieces. They have no composure as shown in the GF last year.

To be fair they're not used to battling it out in tight games. They will learn how to handle it once they've played in a few. The last 2 games they've been able to get over the line in close encounters so they are learning 

11 minutes ago, The Daddy_merged said:

They don't know how to  play when the game gets into an arm wrestle 

I think that's a little harsh. I watched much of the game last week at Halifax; that was an arm wrestle and they won. As DD has stated, they are learning and will get better with more exposure to these type of matches.

2 hours ago, Evil Homer said:

Three disallowed tries and then Swinton started to fight and TO fell to pieces. They have no composure as shown in the GF last year.

What! Swindon starting a fight?

aka do the bears shiit in the woods?

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

If you class a forward pass on the last pass and a knock on at the ball pick up then yes they were cancelled out correctly.

We gave them a might scare tonight and took between 250-300 fans with us who never stopped singing.

Onwards and upwards

Riggy

10 hours ago, Konkrete said:

What! Swindon starting a fight?

aka do the bears shiit in the woods?

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

11 hours ago, RIGGY said:

If you class a forward pass on the last pass and a knock on at the ball pick up then yes they were cancelled out correctly.

We gave them a might scare tonight and took between 250-300 fans with us who never stopped singing.

Onwards and upwards

Riggy

You don't get that many at home 

14 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Were the disallowed tries dubious? A win is a win I guess and another 2pts in the bag.

Two tough away fixtures up next.

The ref and the linos got the disallowed tries right imo.

TO were missing five regulars including  Greg White and Rhys Curran, both left side and it showed. Houles messed around and his ridiculous re positioning of Minga, Maurel, A Bentley caused confusion in the team play. Second half he put Minga back on the left side as centre and it was even worse.  TO  deserved the win but made it difficult for themselves when easier options were available.

Dewsbury 0 Hull KR 18.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

LATEST SCORES

Bradford Bulls 18:18 Batley
Dewsbury Rams 0:24 Hull KR
Halifax 8:6 London Broncos
Rochdale Hornets 6:0 Oldham

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

RESULTS
Bradford Bulls 44:22 Batley
Dewsbury Rams 6:48 Hull KR
Halifax 19:6 London Broncos
LATEST
Rochdale Hornets 14:12:0 Oldham

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Real solid performance from the Bulls. Leon Pryce put his back into it today and guided the boys round the field. I thought Johnny Campbell should have got MoM but oscar Thomas got it. Plenty of other candidates as well.

Well done Halifax and Oldham; the performances of the round.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Great performance from Fax?? Thought it was a poor game with neither side showing much creativity in attack but both fairly solid defensively. Ref bottled it with the high tackle. Fax fans only woke up when they were leading. Both sides far short of Superleague standard. Fax deserved the win but not a great advert for Championship rugby.

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

Full-time

Sheffield 22 Featherstone 47.

Rovers sit alone in 2nd position behind Rovers in 1st.

Unless the Eagles get some more DR players and/or pull themselves together they'll be going down with the Rams.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

Full-time

Sheffield 22 Featherstone 47.

Rovers sit alone in 2nd position behind Rovers in 1st.

Good attacking performance tonight, but some poor defence. Didn't see many Eagles fans.  We saw one though and a Fev fan said "look a Sheffield fan, thanks for coming!" :tongue::tongue:

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

15 hours ago, Trojan said:

Good attacking performance tonight, but some poor defence. Didn't see many Eagles fans.  We saw one though and a Fev fan said "look a Sheffield fan, thanks for coming!" :tongue::tongue:

As gracious in victory as ever.

You did have a group of,perhaps drunken,followers who spent most of the match looking towards Eagles fans demonstrating their 'superiority'/stupidity.

Best tries of the game scored by the 'home' side and of course,the one which was not permitted for reasons not immediately recognised,as no one near me could identify which Rovers player was 'materially disadvantaged.'

Hopefully the idiosyncracies of the officials will be understood and the Eagles players will gel before the 2 sides meet again.

It's always a learning experience...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

As gracious in victory as ever.

You did have a group of,perhaps drunken,followers who spent most of the match looking towards Eagles fans demonstrating their 'superiority'/stupidity.

Best tries of the game scored by the 'home' side and of course,the one which was not permitted for reasons not immediately recognised,as no one near me could identify which Rovers player was 'materially disadvantaged.'

Hopefully the idiosyncracies of the officials will be understood and the Eagles players will gel before the 2 sides meet again.

It's always a learning experience...

If it's the one I'm thinking of you must be joking.  The player ran behind six or seven Eagles players before "scoring"  Eagles as usual when they play Fev came to niggle and provoke, in fact on several occasions verging on the dangerous.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Archived