12 Mar: SL: Widnes Vikings v Castleford Tigers KO 3pm

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be very interesting to see how Cas go on the 4G surface, can they possibly play faster than they have produced already, I think Widnes will have to take all the stubbornness they exhibited at Le Cats into this game, to keep Gale and Co quiet.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

This fixture was 24 - 34 last year but Widnes were in a different place (much higher up the table and playing with confidence, much like Cas are now) so the gap could be even wider. I'm hoping we disrupt their mojo a bit here but won't be too disheartened if we can't as we're slowly piecing it together and Cas are white hot ATM 

I have a feels by that Widnes could spring a surprise here. They have shown for a while now that they are a side very capable of turning on the style. I know Cas have been irresistible but sometimes teams can dip, and their easy win last week may not be as good preparation as Widnes' hard fought point at Catalans. 

If Vikings can cut out the silly mistakes and soft penalties that caused the loss of possession and field position against Le Cats then they are in with a chance. A more reliable goal kicker (what about Bridge or even Ah Van) would help.

If it wasn't 120 odd miles away I would have quite fancied going to this game. 

Think Cas will have too much for Widnes but you never know....however,

Chemics 14 Cas 32.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Cas by a big margin !

Cas are on fire at the moment with a pretty healthy squad. Widnes have no half backs and despite last week's gritty performance they were helped a lot by the poor conditions which slowed the game down a lot to the pace that suited them. I can't see them getting anything out of this game at all on a fast 4G pitch that's much more suited to the Tigers style of play.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

Cas by a big margin !

Cas are on fire at the moment with a pretty healthy squad. Widnes have no half backs and despite last week's gritty performance they were helped a lot by the poor conditions which slowed the game down a lot to the pace that suited them. I can't see them getting anything out of this game at all on a fast 4G pitch that's much more suited to the Tigers style of play.

Completely agree. The weather in Perpignan was a great leveller, playing with no half backs meant they played a tight game suited to the conditions. Widnes play as a team and work for each other in defence, but it's hard to see them scoring as many points as Cas.

18 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Everything points to a big Cas win.

Possible banana skin?

I'd say every fixture, every week is a potential banana skin in fairness

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

3 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

This, I look at every fixture this way and see what could be our possible weakness. No doubt Powell does the same and tries to counteract it.

Widnes could turn this into a scrappy game to affect our flow.

Also interesting to see whether we use McShane or Roberts as the right pivot.

I'll go Widnes by 4.

good following from Cas expected

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Everything points to a Cas win.  Can't see Cas being as slack as Catalans were last week.

Cas 1/5 for a win or -14 on handicap.

Cas by 15 then.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 3/10/2017 at 4:34 PM, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Hardly, you wouldn't say a game against Wigan is a potential banana skin would you?

I'd admire your confidence if you did.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Widnes in posession 5m from the Cas line and Ray French says "All the pressure on Widnes at the moment".

Sheesh. :O

Widnes held up over the line twice and try ruled out for forward pass.

Not sure if Cas have had the ball yet.

Minikin over from a "forward pass" according to our ever reliable commentator.

0-4.

Archived