Match Thread. Sheffield v Featherstone Rovers Sunday 12th March 2017

marklaspalmas

I thought I'd get this thread nice and early to stop everyone needing to go about kicking penality goals.

Sheffield are a bogey team for us, but we need to beat them on Sunday.

Could Brad Tagg be fit again?

Will Ash Handley be in, given that he's not in Leeds 19?

Will Luke Cooper get a game?

Will Misi give up on the Visa and get a Mastercard instead?

Headaches for JS, celebrating his 50th birthday today according to twitter.

Top and bottom of it is we should have won but we didnt .It happens from time to time and we have to learn by our mistakes    and not let it happen again as in all honesty we need to be winning against Teams like Rochdale especialy at home if we are to make a fist of it in getting into the four but its not a disaster ,we havent been ar seho### by a team so far and im hoping for a good response on sunday night which seems an eternity away to put things right.For me they need to sort the communication out when weighing up what to do when receiving penalties near the opponents sticks.Practice passing for an hour in training which needs doing as it was appalling on sunday ,put Briggs on from the start if hes not carrying an injury and with a lovely day weatherwise forecast for Sunday give it some.

2 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Who would you like to see from DR for the game? Think  Ash Handley will be available for a start.

WOuld like to see? Preferably nobody. But given the circumstances, it looks like Handley will be back.

And although they are in the 19, if Baldy, Jack O, Walters, Mullally or Delaney dont get a game on Friday, I expect they will be in our team too.

6 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

That didn't work then. Everyone still moaning about kickable penalties and DR.

FWIW I think we'll get back to winning ways on Sunday.

Some drier ground would be nice......

.....And just to make things plain about penalties. They should be abolished for going for goal for offside.....At Fev that is????

14 hours ago, Phil Loxton said:

.....And just to make things plain about penalties. They should be abolished for going for goal for offside.....At Fev that is????

Doesn't matter - if its a tight finish the ref will find something else to penalise us for.  After seeing it back I actually don't know what last Sundays penalty was for.  Holding down or offside ?  If the former he was seriously conned.  

Cant see a repeat of last week occurring this week even if conditions arent favourable - JS will have sorted it out and think we will be out to prove last week was a minor blip

Dry - Sheff 18 Fev 38

1st try Ulugia

MoM Thacks

Att 1354

Wet - Sheff 6 Fev 20

1st try Ulugia

MoM Carlile

Att 1176

2 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Doesn't matter - if its a tight finish the ref will find something else to penalise us for.  After seeing it back I actually don't know what last Sundays penalty was for.  Holding down or offside ?  If the former he was seriously conned.  

I think it was for holding down in the end. As you say there is umpteen things they could get you for that they ignore throughout the game. I don't want to say that we are ever cheated Rob but in those frantic last twelve minutes when we took the lead both sides could have been penalised two or three times for offside. I purposely watched for it and commented to my daughter that we would get penalised in the dying moments. But he also had the opportunity to penalised them. What you need to do really is make sure you have a seven point cushion. Easier said than done. It's gone now anyway and onwards and upwards.

19 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

What would your team be elppaxr2i?

1. Hardman 2. Briscoe 3. Ulugia 4. Walton 5. Handley 6. Briggs 7. Thacks 8. Griffin 9.Carlile 10. Bostock 11.Knowles 12. Mariano 13. Davies subs Ormonroyd, wildie, lockwood, moore

Briggs back in the squad which is good to see, and Aston drops out. Ormondroyd and Handley back in and Turner and Duckworth drop out.

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/article/52093/trio-set-to-return-for

Turner obviously unlucky having been great in pre-season and done nothing wrong on Sunday but Handley has been quality when he's played for us and Briscoe has been good all season.

2 hours ago, RobLambert said:

It looked like Moore was penalised for not clearing the ruck area. He made the tackle from behind and then when he couldn't get round to act as marker he just crouched with his hands on his head. The Rochdale player played the ball (it didn't seem to touch his foot but that's a regular event these days) and it appeared to come to rest in the mud up against Moore.

Every ref in the league is going to penalise the defending side in that scenario, rightly or wrongly, the onus seems to be firmly on the tackling player to be seen to be clearing the ruck. There was kind of a similar incident that led to the winning penalty in the Halifax/Toulouse game as a Fax player was between the Toulouse guy playing the ball and the acting half back and all the acting half back had to do was make sure he fell over the Fax guy and again the ref is going to give a penalty every time.

28 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

1. Hardman 2. Briscoe 3. Ulugia 4. Walton 5. Handley 6. Briggs 7. Thacks 8. Griffin 9.Carlile 10. Bostock 11.Knowles 12. Mariano 13. Davies subs Ormonroyd, wildie, lockwood, moore

That reads like a very strong team. Hope they are the ones selected.

1 hour ago, Flat cap John said:

Misi missing  again ?Thought I heard it was going to  be sorted out  last week 

Two weeks from the Swinton game Misi told me 

Im Fev and im proud

37 minutes ago, Flat cap John said:

Thankyou maureen-just seems to have took along time

War and peace springs to mind :)

Im Fev and im proud

56 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

A shame Brad Tagg's not back yet, but no point rushing him.

Handley for Turner straight swop

Briggs for Aston straight swop.

Jack O for who? Griffin? Mariano? Lockwood rested?

Luke Cooper 19th man again, unlucky.

Walton to centre, Mariano to back row. Hardcastle and Cooper 18th & 19th men IMO.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

After watching Fev beat Batley quite comfortably, and while Fev were beating Swinton I saw Batley put fifty past Sheffield, who are definitely the worst side I've seen this year, including pre-season.

True, Fev aren't as good in the mud, but I can't see them losing this one even in the worst of conditions.

Archived