Possible dropped points ahead?

Blue Pike

Sorry to sound negative but I am a realist and fore see defeats against the fillowing Teams ahead

Hull K .R (A)

Oldham (A)

Halifax (H)

Toulouse(A)

London (A)

But if thats all our possible defeats I will be chuffed has anyone else got any predictions of dropped points ahead or is there anyone who feels we will go on undefeated?

12 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Sorry to sound negative but I am a realist and fore see defeats against the fillowing Teams ahead

Hull K .R (A)

Oldham (A)

Halifax (H)

Toulouse(A)

London (A)

But if thats all our possible defeats I will be chuffed has anyone else got any predictions of dropped points ahead or is there anyone who feels we will go on undefeated?

You can never predict who you will beat or lose to. Bet nobody had Rochdale down for a loss and hardly anybody for a win at Hull KR. Good fun though is predicting but it never works out the way you think or else I would have won on Little woods years ago. But in your list I would change Oldham and Halifax. But I'm always wrong???

16 minutes ago, Phil Loxton said:

You can never predict who you will beat or lose to. Bet nobody had Rochdale down for a loss and hardly anybody for a win at Hull KR. Good fun though is predicting but it never works out the way you think or else I would have won on Little woods years ago. But in your list I would change Oldham and Halifax. But I'm always wrong???

Having seen Bradford destroy us first game of the 2015 season at P O Road, who'd have predicted we'd beat them at Odsal on the hottest day of the year.  Not me!  I had to be dragged kicking an screaming to Odsal by my son!  Happy to have been proved wrong.

We could have won Sunday, we should have won. We didn't win because we stuck to the play book, keep the pressure on don't take shots at goal when you have a penalty.  We threw away 4 perhaps 6 points.  Sometimes you have to modify the instructions.  The game isn't played on tramlines.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Fev lose a game and it always seems like a disaster on here. Id expect you to only lose to Hull Kr and London out of those games to be honest. I do think Fev will go better on the dryer grounds and some teams like Rochdale and oldham may struggle a bit more when the skill levels become more noticeable in the dry.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fev lose a game and it always seems like a disaster on here. Id expect you to only lose to Hull Kr and London out of those games to be honest. I do think Fev will go better on the dryer grounds and some teams like Rochdale and oldham may struggle a bit more when the skill levels become more noticeable in the dry.

Unlike the Fax fans then OXY. Who can't be bothered to attend matches when Fax are out of sorts. We do read your forum too.????

I think on our day we are capable of beating any team in this division, unfortunately we are also capable of losing to any team in this division. We just need to concentrate on our own performance and systems and the results will take care of themselves.

16 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Hull K .R (A)

Oldham (A)

Halifax (H)

Toulouse(A)

London (A)

We all have our own opinions but if we're not going to beat Oldham in July it doesn't look good.

Personally I'm not looking further than the Sheffield game on Sunday. Not a cliché - just a genuine concern regarding our chances.  I'm nowhere near as confident after last week.

I think I need to see up to an including the London home game before making any longer term predictions.

16 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Hull K .R (A)

Oldham (A)

Halifax (H)

Toulouse(A)

London (A)

Jeese gi mi a rope.

1 hour ago, Phil Loxton said:

Unlike the Fax fans then OXY. Who can't be bothered to attend matches when Fax are out of sorts. We do read your forum too.????

Im trying to say you have had a good start to the season. 1 defeat when other teams have slipped up really is not a disaster.

21 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Hull K .R (A)

Oldham (A)

Halifax (H)

Toulouse(A)

London (A)

I'm being an optimist don't write these games off!!

Im Fev and im proud

It was one bad performance in awful conditions . We should of won and had the chance to. Decision making was very poor and cost us the game, the team will learn from that and move on. I am staying positive and reckon we will only lose to Hull KR and not by as many as people think. UTR!

11 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Anybody thinking further ahead than the next game must be mad. It's sport. Anything can happen week by week and usually does.

Exactly Mark, injuries being one of the main ones. 

Im Fev and im proud

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

Anybody thinking further ahead than the next game must be mad. It's sport. Anything can happen week by week and usually does.

I dont think so at least not all the time. Didnt Leigh do a good job on everyone last year?

8 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Im trying to say you have had a good start to the season. 1 defeat when other teams have slipped up really is not a disaster.

I know OXY I re read it when my blood pressure came down and realised you were trying to be nice?

11 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

I dont think so at least not all the time. Didnt Leigh do a good job on everyone last year?

Batley?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Before the season started after reviewing our fixture list if anybody predicted we would be second in the table after 5 games with only 1 loss (by 1 point). With the best defence and scoring 30 or more points in the 3 away fixtures everybody would have been mighty happy with the team. Yes a dissapointing result Sunday but we should be pleased where we are.

48 minutes ago, fevfromfar said:

Before the season started after reviewing our fixture list if anybody predicted we would be second in the table after 5 games with only 1 loss (by 1 point). With the best defence and scoring 30 or more points in the 3 away fixtures everybody would have been mighty happy with the team. Yes a dissapointing result Sunday but we should be pleased where we are.

Well said. Weve showed we can play some cracking rugby in better conditions, its a summer competition and the grounds will be drying up soon. Just need to keep plugging away, think we will be fine in the better conditions and take some beating.

5 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Batley?

Been waiting for that,forgot to add that and Toulouse in the cup (doesnt count) .The point from Mark was that any week any team can beat any body I was just saying last season didnt fit into his statement as Leigh won all but one of their League games demonstrating near complete dominance and if they lost against a team like Rochdale who had come up from div 1 it would go down as a shock.I am pleased with Fevs start but believe they are not as dominant as Leigh were last year but I believe they will get into the too four which would be brill especialy as its up for renewal next year ( the top four structure ) so lets get the money while we can .

6 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Been waiting for that,forgot to add that and Toulouse in the cup (doesnt count) .The point from Mark was that any week any team can beat any body I was just saying last season didnt fit into his statement as Leigh won all but one of their League games demonstrating near complete dominance and if they lost against a team like Rochdale who had come up from div 1 it would go down as a shock.I am pleased with Fevs start but believe they are not as dominant as Leigh were last year but I believe they will get into the too four which would be brill especialy as its up for renewal next year ( the top four structure ) so lets get the money while we can .

So, just to be clear. I didn't say anybody can beat anybody. I said anything can happen.

It appears you're saying we can predict in March what Fev will do in July because Leigh were predictable last year, apart from two surprise defeats. I disagree.

O.k you said and I quote "anything can happen week by week and usually does" but still it didnt last year as far as Leigh were concerned they beat everyone bar Batley and  I still say if you get one or two dominant teams in our league which we have this still applies.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:01 PM, Flat cap John said:

Think anybody  can beat anybody in this league -no easy games .

And surely that's the beauty of the current system, currently being undermined by the likes of Lenahan and Tony Smith

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

57 minutes ago, Trojan said:

And surely that's the beauty of the current system, currently being undermined by the likes of Lenahan and Tony Smith

Best thing  that has happened In my  opinion -excitement, revenue  and something to play for -for the players and fans-I think that's when the quality  went down  ,when  there was no relegation and promotion-but this could be another topic.

The opening 10-15 minutes at Batley suggest that Fev will lose very few because of their defence. The Oldham & Rochdale games were low scoring affairs because of the conditions which hopefully we won't see much of again, but on each occasion the opposition created far fewer chances. On drier tracks more of those chances will stick, yet I can't see Fev conceding more than 2-3 tries per game, apart from against Hull KR maybe?

Injuries to key players can make a huge difference though, like the middle of last season without Briggs & Thacks, which Dual Reg or loan couldn't compensate for.

Archived