Disturbing incident at 10.40 - Wire v Wigan

13 hours ago, Dave T said:

I think DS is a Wire fan but i genuinely didnt follow his logic. So we used to get 6k at Wilderspool - in RL terms thats pretty healthy.

Warrington is as traditional an RL town as you get.

I think it's just that I didn't put my point across correctly...

What I mean is that the comment referred to by Red Rooster is incorrect but an easy conclusion to come to for outsiders - Warrington IS as traditional as they come but the recent crowd increases are partly due to non-Warringtonians being targeted by the marketing team (something positive).   I was pointing out that the 'new' fans are not the problem so the ignorant comment about the crowd incident being due to a lack of tradition doesn't even make sense.

I'm not questioning Warrjngton's tradition, nor am I agreeing with the comment.

On a separate note, is there any way to solve the alcohol vs adrenaline vs tribalism problem?   Anything that's been trialled in football?

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

On 13/3/2017 at 5:37 AM, Leeds Wire said:

That is possibly the most ignorant thing I have ever read in my 13 years on this forum. Congratulations.

Please read I am repeating what was said. However it does make the point that that's how other fans experience your club.

On a personal level Warrington are the club west of the pennines with the problem element as I have personally witnessed on many occasions.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

7 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

On a personal level Warrington are the club west of the pennines with the problem element as I have personally witnessed on many occasions.

Posts like this are not useful in conversations like this. There are not many clubs who can claim to have no issues, plenty with bigger issues than Wire.

When you bring together thousands of young blokes from some pretty rough areas and throw in beer on a night time you can always expect flashpoints. The game as a whole and every club needs to treat this seriously - if we start turning families off we will struggle as we see with some of the Thursday night crowds.

In the last few years there have been issues with Widnes, Salford, Hull, Hull KR, Leeds etc. that i have witnessed either live or in the media. These relatively small incidents are building and building.

It's almost certain that taking away the alcohol would prevent passion manifesting itself as violence.

How that could be done is anyone's guess.   In the aviation industry the problem of drunk passengers was left to be tackled by the airlines through monitoring sales of alcohol onboard.   However, the real problem was the alcohol purchased in the hour before the flight at airport bars - which then had it's full effect once the passenger was in the air.   The government is now working with airports to find a way to limit the amount people can drink before a flight.

Obviously this would be difficult to translate to sport so I don't know how the problem can be tackled.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Archived