Must all be at Odsal

RogerT

Working AGAIN, listened on radio; Diskin now has to get nasty. Discipline is appalling, every comment was 'Bradford penalty', 2 sin bins, against a team which was almost non-existent 6 weeks ago. To go down by that score is careless at best and at worst......it appears that the squad has settled for Paul Harrison's assertion that a top 4 place isn't imperative. Shore it up quickly! I know there'll be an avalanche of comment coming down on my head but so be it, I'm disappointed, why shouldn't everyone else be.

Win one loose one

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Awful everything about today just awful. 

Can't remember such a ###### game how on earth a team as poor as Bradford can score that many points speaks volumes about our performance today! We never looked interested which is the worrying part for me!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Just returned from Odsal, with a few questions.

1. How can a Club that has so recently gone bankrupt put out a team that has quality players on display and maintain full time status with an academy. I am informed by a member of Bull's staff that the 2 New Zealand owners have not yet put money into the Club.

2. With our massive windfall last season, why did we not recruit some more quality to strengthen our side? Our lack of discipline and respect of the ball in possession cost us today, but IMO there was a also a gap in quality and pace on the ball when compared to the Bull's squad. The statement, if true, of it not mattering to make the top 4, seems to be extremely demotivational, especially when Matt Diskin is giving his all to get the best from a squad that let him down today.

We need some unity and collective focus and purpose with targets as a team , as the supporters certainly want to see us in the top 4 this season to at least maintain progress as a Club. We will not achieve that by indiscipline and lack of respect for the ball when in hand. The best team won today.

Woeful! No line speed. No discipline. No aggression in defence.

MD has to stop messing around with the team. Holmes was creative, and waltzed in for a try just after half - time, and at that point we should have gone on to take the match. We then commit penalty offences and invite them into the game, get embroiled in messing around with Pryce and then Holmes gets taken off.

It was a thoroughly depressing experience, and simply not good enough.

Went to the match with a very positive feeling, at half time we were still in the match despite being second best. Take the lead early second half and looking better, then although I did not see it but someone must have thrown the towel in at this point because after this we were even more ill disiplined, inept and clueless than we were in the first half,

It is alright having wrestling training but the priority is actually to tackle the opposition players first, some thing that was woefull today.

Good to see JC shut up some of his Bradford critics with 2 well taken tries.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Awful everything about today just awful. 

Can't remember such a ###### game how on earth a team as poor as Bradford can score that many points speaks volumes about our performance today! We never looked interested which is the worrying part for me!

You have nailed it PM about the lack of interest, especially when going behind. I certainly don't think that Bradford are a poor side, and do have pace and quality in their ranks. Our attitude is totally wrong at the moment, and we need to change this mentality before it becomes a habit. I still think the close season recruitment has left us shy of 2 additional quality players to further improve the squad, and did notice that Bradford have a far bigger squad to choose from. JC's 2 try performance was the final nail in the coffin today. 

Archived