Wakefield Trinity leaving Belle Vue says Carter

Rob

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, One F in Wakefield said:

I'd imagine Barnsley would be the other option to be fair.  Really hope it's dewsbury if anywhere, it's only about 100 metres outside Wakefield Authority area.

Difficulty we've always had is that the council has got Cas, Fev and us to look out for.

I thought Barnsley were never welcoming to the idea - so I've gone for Donny as the alternative to Dewsbury.

Don't Grimsby Town play in Cleethorpes etc?  So dewsbury should be fine whilst  "something turns up".

You pipped me the the problem the council has...

38 minutes ago, One F in Wakefield said:

I'd imagine Barnsley would be the other option to be fair.  Really hope it's dewsbury if anywhere, it's only about 100 metres outside Wakefield Authority area.

Difficulty we've always had is that the council has got Cas, Fev and us to look out for. It can't do for one what it cant do for the other 2.  They've basically allowed the club to be shafted with the latest escapade at Newmarket though.  But in these times of austerity and council cuts, they weren't really in a position to insist that the stadium was built if the developer threatened to take their plans to another city.

It's a sad state of affairs, I just wish my numbers would come up on the Euromillions so I could get something sorted!

Does strike me as a tad unfair that Cas have managed to engineer a stadium for themselves on the back of an out of town shopping centre... right opposite another out of town shopping centre... 

25 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

whats the capacity at ossett town fc?

Only about 2k - not a great stadium tbh, hemmed in by houses as well so not much room for expansion.  One of the plans a few years ago was to sell that site to Tesco and they would build a stadium in Ossett for Trinity and Ossett to share, but their board vetoed it.

It was said last night that they had been offered a chance to play at P O Road, a vastly superior stadium to either Belle Vue or Dewsbury, but they won't because they believe that if they did the RFL would force them to share with Fev.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

11 minutes ago, Trojan said:

It was said last night that they had been offered a chance to play at P O Road, a vastly superior stadium to either Belle Vue or Dewsbury, but they won't because they believe that if they did the RFL would force them to share with Fev.

Said by who? Just a few folk chatting at the game?

Wakey have been promising this since about 1999, so I'll believe it when I see it

The big question for me is what are they going to do with all those top notch hospitality boxes piled on top of one another at the bottom end?

Could easily convert them into prison cells I suppose

8 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Wakey have been promising this since about 1999, so I'll believe it when I see it

The big question for me is what are they going to do with all those top notch hospitality boxes piled on top of one another at the bottom end?

Could easily convert them into prison cells I suppose

Actually Dewsbury wouldn't be a bad move for those at the open end. Not sure they would survive the move however.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Said by who? Just a few folk chatting at the game?

Yes

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

5 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

In one of the papers this morning it said Dewsbury and one other venue were in the running. Does anyone have any idea what this is?

The 2nd option is on the moon.

The main concern is a possible lack of atmosphere at the ground.....

2 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

They won't leave I see it as a threat to the powers that be. Short term Barnsley seems the best option.

They already made that threat in the summer. They'll have to act on it eventually or the threat becomes meaningless.

On 12/03/2017 at 4:25 PM, paulwalker71 said:

I don't think Dewsbury is a better option. It's quite a tidy little set up for the Championship, but it's hardly SL standard.

Looks more like an invitation to interested parties to make a bid to relocate them.

Bradford could do with a half decent team. Wakey will never amount to much.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Archived