Inept

buford t justice

One of the worst performances ive seen in a long time.

forwards bullied all afternoon, defence was abysmal and the team spirit we built our season on last season was nowhere to be seen.

bear in mind this was against a team thrown together less than 8 weeks ago.

The sporting equivalent of trying to thumb in a softy.

Some soul searching needed in this squad, we cant have gone so far backwards since last season. 

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

It was always going to be a problem, following in jKs footsteps, and  Matt Diskin should be given a fair opportunity to turn things round. He was not happy at all on Radio Leeds with the giving up of cheap field position error after error, and our indiscipline. Despite some people calling Bradford a 'poor' and 'thrown together' side, they have a blend of quality, experience, and pace, and IMO we faced a decent side today, who have been more than adequately supported by the governing body.

5 hours ago, Bulldog Days said:

It was always going to be a problem, following in jKs footsteps, and  Matt Diskin should be given a fair opportunity to turn things round. He was not happy at all on Radio Leeds with the giving up of cheap field position error after error, and our indiscipline. Despite some people calling Bradford a 'poor' and 'thrown together' side, they have a blend of quality, experience, and pace, and IMO we faced a decent side today, who have been more than adequately supported by the governing body.

Never said they were poor, they were by far the better team.

my point is that they were put together at short notice and played like a team - our lot were together and finished 3rd last year yet looked like they hardly knew each other.

The terrific team spirit we had last season has completely vanished this year so far, there were always high 5s and envouraging each other for every bit of play last year, yet this year in all games its non existent.

it may only be eaely days but this is pretty worrying - add to that weve been taken to the cleaners 3 times, beat the poorest Sheffield side they have had in ten years and made extremely hard work of getting past Swinton despite spending virtually the entire second half camped in their half of the field and it paints a pretty worrying picture that on field we are going backwards very quickly!

its certainly going to be a transitional season under Diskin but for me this season we should be kicking on from last year, expectations are high and rightly so, we have the best squad weve had in years and he currently doesnt seem to have a clue how to get the best out of them.

lets hope we dont get another walloping in France at the weekend!

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

I'm not suggesting you called Bradford 'poor' BTJ, these are comments from other threads. You make some valid points, and one of the issues I believe we have is that Matt Diskin is still adapting  to coaching and motivating in a part time environment, when all his career he has been full time Super League player, and a full time youth coach at Bradford. Yes, we do have a good squad, but IMO we have not kept up with the numbers on quality recruitment, whilst the majority of Championship teams have noticeably improved the quality of their squads, with either permanent or loan signings.

Bradford are still a full time Club, with all the additional training, conditioning, and bonding time for game preparation, and have attracted some very good players into that environment, despite their financial woes through which a line has been now drawn (which have been ongoing for 5 years anyway). They have also retained a good academy structure, and have produced some good young players ( their young number 8 Liam Kirk yesterday had an excellent game, together with their young winger Ethan Ryan). Johnny Campbell also looks to be blossoming again in a full time environment.

We do seem to have lost some of last season's mojo, but I think that the players need to quickly get over the JK hangover period, and start to look to themselves, together with Matt Diskin, and come out with a purpose and unity to salvage this season.

Btj might not have called them a poor side, but i will. They were woeful, a poor completion rate in the first half and an appalling goal line defence are not hallmarks of a good side. The Batley side of last season would have had Bradford out of sight at halftime. I totally agree with btj about the lack of spirit, there is something very wrong in the camp. This is the 3rd time this season we have capitulated and conceded over 40 points because the heads have dropped and we have decided to give up. They need to have some sort of clear the air meeting to sort out whatever is going so very wrong, and do it quickly.

Imo of course i think Disking is messing about too much with team selection, and apparentley he is falling out with the team in training were 1 player walked out of training after another bust up with Diskin last week, someone said he has got a bad chip on his shoulder and its definatley not helping to motivate such a great squad that we have.

25 minutes ago, ginaldo said:

I said before the season started we havnt replaced Keegan massive leader and very good prop.

A couple of "wrecking ball" forwards were causing us all sorts of headaches.  I am inclined to think that last seasons lineup, with Brown and Hirst in the squad alongside Lillycrop and Rowe, would have quietened the Bulls pack.  Living in lah lah land, I know,  but wouldn't it be nice to see Brown and Hirst enticed back to stiffen up the front row.

54 minutes ago, Bi11 said:

A couple of "wrecking ball" forwards were causing us all sorts of headaches.  I am inclined to think that last seasons lineup, with Brown and Hirst in the squad alongside Lillycrop and Rowe, would have quietened the Bulls pack.  Living in lah lah land, I know,  but wouldn't it be nice to see Brown and Hirst enticed back to stiffen up the front row.

Unfortunetley brown and diskin dont get along at all

15 hours ago, Chairman LMAO said:

Just illustrates what an outstanding coach and motivator we had in JK. Our current incumbent is not in the same league yet.

Although opinions on this differed in 2015.

Things change.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

34 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Although opinions on this differed in 2015.

Things change.

And things will change again ;-)

7 hours ago, ginaldo said:

I said before the season started we havnt replaced Keegan massive leader and very good prop.

4 hours ago, Supertyke said:

And things will change again ;-)

Add the loss of Brown and our formidable array of good prop forwards is halved. Our forwards are going backwards this season.

Anyone remember back to shirt presentation night? When Browny was announced and stepped up Kev Nich jokingly said of him, referring to some comment from Diskin 'he says you're lazy'. Joke or not, that's not something you could say about him, or any of the squad of last year. We rarely led in a match last year but we could rely on that powerful interchange between 4 props at the top of their game. I also said, and was shouted down on here, that I thought we'd had the best out of those guys and couldn't expect them to raise their personal bars any higher and that we needed to sign players to do just that, and again I said, in my honest opinion, we hadn't done so. There appears to have been a breakdown of communication either between players or between coach and players, to the extent that we've had 3 good hiding which hasn't happened at The Mount for a LONG time. When the bonus point system was in play I would venture that we took more bp's than any other team due to team spirit and even in the dark days of 2015 we staved off being in the bottom 2 with that spirit. It clearly isn't there now. Then we see that Hirsty is plying his trade across the valley, having taken the Wakey shilling, being surplus to requirements and getting battered in every game he plays. Get him back on loan, he was a leader and pushed his guys on to play for each other including Browny and nobody has taken that job on. The coach needs to wipe the slate clean from now, stop the (rumoured) fall outs, ignore the ' we don't expect a top 4 finish' message from upstairs and deliver just that. With the cash benefits allied to position we can't afford to be taking a step back or that will impact on 2018's prospective recruitment, thus proving to all the doubters that 2026 really was a flash in the pan. So far I don't think it is yet too late, but another half a dozen games down the line of very mixed results and performances WILL be too late.

Spot on Phildog. Everybody concerned with the Club should be addressing these problems before the season sputters into mediocrity. We cannot afford to become complacent again, and need to maintain the excellent momentum that was produced by John Kear and maintain those high playing standards and team spirit that he set. 

It seems to me this season may go the same way as our season after the grand final appearance.We massively over performed in the playoffs that year and recruited dismally the year after.now I know it's not exactly the same situation player wise because I believe we have an excellent squad more than capable of holding its own,so I think the players need to take some responsibility for our woes on the field,after all I'm sure Diskin doesn't coach them to give needless penalties away in crucial field positions or drop the ball......like we did at Odsal and against Swinton.....we were lucky Swinton were shattered after 60 mins.we didn't get away with it at Odsal.....

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

I dont think imo of course, that Diskins style of training is working on the pitch, its all very good wrestling but you need to catch the opposition 1st and then hold onto them with all your mite, our dedence is woefull, the worst i have seen for a few season's and if rumour is true that he is already falling out with the players that helped us get the possition of 3rd spot last year, then thats not good at all, I think coming from an assistent coaching role in the under 19s to a head coach in the championship is abit too much too soon, as i said only in my oppinion.

6 hours ago, phildog said:

. The coach needs to wipe the slate clean from now, stop the (rumoured) fall outs, ignore the ' we don't expect a top 4 finish' message from upstairs and deliver just that. With the cash benefits allied to position we can't afford to be taking a step back or that will impact on 2018's prospective recruitment, thus proving to all the doubters that 2026 really was a flash in the pan. So far I don't think it is yet too late, but another half a dozen games down the line of very mixed results and performances WILL be too late.

2026 ? is that when we won Super league grand final Phil

IMG_0583.JPG

2 hours ago, billybulldog said:

I dont think imo of course, that Diskins style of training is working on the pitch, its all very good wrestling but you need to catch the opposition 1st and then hold onto them with all your mite, our dedence is woefull, the worst i have seen for a few season's and if rumour is true that he is already falling out with the players that helped us get the possition of 3rd spot last year, then thats not good at all, I think coming from an assistent coaching role in the under 19s to a head coach in the championship is abit too much too soon, as i said only in my oppinion.

give the fella chance,i dont get all this woefull defence at all,hallet smeaton and chandler put in some big tackles along with a few other of the lads, and matts style wont of even started to show for a while yet, took jk a while to be fair, and am sure jk.iro and kev know whats what and gave their blessings on the job from the off so lets just see, also lets not forget just how good some a the lower teams have built too for this season and are playing some cracking rugby so nobodys going to run away with anything in 2017.  its only a game.:aggressive:up the dogs.

8 minutes ago, silverback said:

give the fella chance,i dont get all this woefull defence at all,hallet smeaton and chandler put in some big tackles along with a few other of the lads, and matts style wont of even started to show for a while yet, took jk a while to be fair, and am sure jk.iro and kev know whats what and gave their blessings on the job from the off so lets just see, also lets not forget just how good some a the lower teams have built too for this season and are playing some cracking rugby so nobodys going to run away with anything in 2017.  its only a game.:aggressive:up the dogs.

Was you at the game, we didnt have a defence thats why 44 points was put past us, and wasn't there 40 odd at toulouse and what about fev at home, if that isnt woefull defence i dont know what is, they was making unbelievable yardidge against us on that field on every set they played, imo of course, and you say matt's style, unlike you im of course im not on 1st name terms with the young man in question, but his style isnt working after 6 games and 2 pre season, so things need to happen pretty soon or we will be takeing more than 1 step back imo of course.

4 minutes ago, billybulldog said:

Was you at the game, we didnt have a defence thats why 44 points was put past us, and wasn't there 40 odd at toulouse and what about fev at home, if that isnt woefull defence i dont know what is, they was making unbelievable yardidge against us on that field on every set they played, imo of course, and you say matt's style, unlike you im of course im not on 1st name terms with the young man in question, but his style isnt working after 6 games and 2 pre season, so things need to happen pretty soon or we will be takeing more than 1 step back imo of course.

sorry dude it were you that said the diskin style of training wernt working,, all i said was give him chance..not that first name terms as sod all to do with it anyways just my lad played along side him at moor from u8.s up to him going pro.you seem to know a lot about his "style" so have a natter and maybe point him in right direction and see how we go..not sure if were spoiled for choice a players as most on here would have a slightly different team run out until we get sorted.to be fair i wouldent know who to leave out as most can do a great job for us that for sure.

Archived