More ground improvements for the Marauders

Moorends-Thorne Marauders have been granted funding and planning permission to add a 75 seating grandstand to their Thorne Miners Welfare ground, the local council  tonight (14/3/2017) voted 100% to grant the club the funding to buy the new Grandstand which is similar to the one in this photo.

stand.jpg

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Fantastic development for your club.Saddleworth Rangers,my local club have just completed their new clubhouse.I love reading posts like this that shows amateur rugby league is alive and kicking.All the best for the future for your club and the people involved with it.

34 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Fantastic development for your club.Saddleworth Rangers,my local club have just completed their new clubhouse.I love reading posts like this that shows amateur rugby league is alive and kicking.All the best for the future for your club and the people involved with it.

We have a tidy little ground on a 28 acre sports ground, the only problem we've got really is the local council are reluctant to spend on improving the facilities because it's on a 120 year lease from the Coal Industry Social Welfare Organisation but the lease still has around 110 years left to run.

We are actually in the process of putting together a new committee that has a go forward feel to it, we are lucky in one sense as we've got the local public on our side and our new junior section seems to be going in the right directions with a very enthusiastic group of people involved.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived