17-19 Mar: Ladbrokes Challenge Cup - Fourth Round Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Fourth Round ties here. 

FRIDAY 17th MARCH
Dewsbury Rams v Newcastle Thunder KO 8pm
London Broncos v Toronto Wolfpack KO 8pm
SATURDAY 18th MARCH
Barrow Raiders v Keighley Cougars KO 6.30pm
Oldham RLFC v Haydock KO 1pm
Swinton Lions v London Skolars KO 3pm
Toulouse Olympique XIII v Batley Bulldogs KO 2.30pm
SUNDAY 19th MARCH
Bradford Bulls v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm
Doncaster v Gloucestershire All Golds KO 3pm
Halifax v Hunslet KO 3pm
Hull Kingston Rovers v Sheffield Eagles KO 3pm
Whitehaven v Oxford KO 2pm
York City Knights v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm

43 minutes ago, Thunder fan said:

Come on thunder!!

Should be a close game, and I can't easily predict the winner.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss all this weekend's Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Fourth Round ties here. 

FRIDAY 17th MARCH

Dewsbury Rams v Newcastle Thunder KO 8pm
London Broncos v Toronto Wolfpack KO 8pm

SATURDAY 18th MARCH

Barrow Raiders v Keighley Cougars KO 6.30pm
Oldham RLFC v Haydock KO 1pm
Swinton Lions v London Skolars KO 3pm
Toulouse Olympique XIII v Batley Bulldogs KO 2.30pm

SUNDAY 19th MARCH

Bradford Bulls v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm
Doncaster v Gloucestershire All Golds KO 3pm
Halifax v Hunslet KO 3pm
Hull Kingston Rovers v Sheffield Eagles KO 3pm
Whitehaven v Oxford KO 2pm
York City Knights v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm

Above sit my predictions in bold, though I will not be surprised if I am wrong about London and Bradford.

42 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Above sit my predictions in bold, though I will not be surprised if I am wrong about London and Bradford.

Agree entirely with your predictions, MM.  I presume you mean you wouldn't be surprised to be wrong about London Broncos.  I also wouldn't be entirely surprised if Glos AGs sneaked past Donny.

Very disappointing that the Broncos game is on a Friday for what should be a marquee fixture. Going to be approx 500-700 in attendance. First day back in UK for me so unable to attend.

Pointers for both clubs coming out of this game For the Wolfpack a chance to test themselves in a live game against a full time team. For Broncos to see if there is a reaction to a poor display at Halifax.

Should be fun shame I cannot be there.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Very disappointing that the Broncos game is on a Friday for what should be a marquee fixture. Going to be approx 500-700 in attendance. First day back in UK for me so unable to attend.

Pointers for both clubs coming out of this game For the Wolfpack a chance to test themselves in a live game against a full time team. For Broncos to see if there is a reaction to a poor display at Halifax.

Has there been any sort of effort from the Broncos to lure the Canadians who were at the Skolars game back in for this game?

Is the relationship between Skolars and Broncos healthy? Surely they coukd share some tips in such instances.

7 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

500 - 700 nay, nay Mr. Wilkes, should that happen the Bronco's hierarchy better take cover, there will be a backlash on these pages.

C'mon the Bronco's, he says, ducking down whilst writing.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

10 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Oldham v Haydock being streamed live by the BBC. 

Looking forward to this, considering that Haydock took 10 coach loads of speccies to London in the last round for the fixture against West Warriors, the locality of this game should ensure an even bigger following from Haydock, could they outnumber the Oldham fans? I hope the atmosphere comes over on the TV. Note the early kick off time 13:00

I see that Sean Long has added his assistance to the coaching team at Haydock in preparation for this game, but I think that it may be a step to far for them.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

15 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Big test for Fev and the Bulls. Should be a cracker.

I'm glad to see all the TRL wailing about poor Bradford underage kids being lambs to the slaughter all year long has proved to be hysterical hogwash, and I fancy the Bulls to stay up.

Not all of us were signing that particular tune. But when you're been hurt as often as they have... :(

21 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Not all of us were signing that particular tune. But when you're been hurt as often as they have... :(

Some were. It was a tad OTT. Understandable, given the bewilderment of the situation, but OTT.

I am genuinely glad that it did not come to pass, and the team of 2017 has quickly become competitive to the point of being slight favourites against second in the table at home in the Cup.

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

Nice try with the reverse psychology but Bradford are not favourites and still remain a patched up work in progress.

I severely doubt if any "psychology" employed on a internet forum would have any effect on anything. :D:D

However, point taken. I think the gist of what I was saying was it's good to see Bradford up & fighting & competing ad Sunday could go either way. I doubt we will get any DR player so as not to cup tie them. Not sure how it stands with your loanees. It will be tight.

What on earth is this thread about?

My club won the Challenge Cup at Wembley last August, surely we now get to keep it don't we? :unsure:

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Somebody should have explained what with you not having won at Wembley before.

When we last won it....at Wembley for clarification.....we were required to look good but lose in the run up to the Final....letting muggins or buggins have his turn.

In your case you have got to hope HKR win v Sheffield and then pray for an away draw in Hull. That way you will be able to let us have our turn.

I hope to go to the Broncos game tomorrow evening. Only four or so miles from home. But is Trailfinders ground appropriate for a night match? What are the floodlights like and the standing areas in the dark? Have Ealing RU played in the evening at 8pm? 

23 minutes ago, bazzzz65 said:

I hope to go to the Broncos game tomorrow evening. Only four or so miles from home. But is Trailfinders ground appropriate for a night match? What are the floodlights like and the standing areas in the dark? Have Ealing RU played in the evening at 8pm? 

Lights are no problem - played Yowies last year no issue.

Archived