24 Mar: SL: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 8pm (TV)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints and wire in a bottom end of the league clash, a massive four pointer. Who would have thought that before the season started. If wire win then both teams could occupy two out of the bottom three in the league after the weekend. If saints win wire will continue to be pointless.

#ICANTLOSE!

Saints by 14 btw

Squads announced:

2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Ryan Morgan, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Adam Swift, 6. Theo Fages, 7. Matty Smith, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Kyle Amor, 12. Jon Wilkin, 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, 14. Luke Douglas, 15. Adam Walker, 17. Tommy Lee, 18. Dominique Peyroux, 19. Greg Richards, 21. Jack Owens, 23. Jack Ashworth, 36. Zeb Taia.

1. Stefan Ratchford, 3. Rhys Evans, 5. Matthew Russell, 6. Kevin Brown, 7. Kurt Gidley, 8. Chris Hill, 9. Daryl Clark, 10. Ashton Sims, 12. Jack Hughes, 13. Joe Westerman, 14. Mike Cooper, 15. Brad Dwyer, 17. Dominic Crosby, 18. Andre Savelio, 20. Toby King, 23. Joe Philbin, 26. Jack Johnson, 28. Harvey Livett, 34. Ben Westwood.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Saints seem to be coming into some form with their last 2 displays at Hull and Catalan, sadly the same cannot be said about Warrington dire against Wigan, atrocious at Leigh.

Is Ratchford the saviour they have been waiting for, and what has young Dec Patton done to upset Smith who seems to have thrown his all in with Harvey Lovett. 

I will say Wires woes are going to continue, Saints by two scores.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

My word, this will be a nervy fixture for both teams. On recent showings you'd have to say Saints but if Ratchford inspires Wire it might go the other way, damn these splinters. Would love to watch it but I'll be at the Piedome instead. 

Saints 24 Wire 22.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I just hope we click at last, it's been very gut wrenching so far, bar the Brisbane game. 

It has to happen soon......... Doesn't it? 

Saints to win, going on recent form. But Warrington have to click sometime soon... don't they?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Sco77 said:

I just hope we click at last, it's been very gut wrenching so far, bar the Brisbane game. 

Ha! Great minds don't just think alike; they post simultaneously!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Sco77 said:

No................... at least not until they start performing like a team again, last week they looked as though they had just been introduced to each other prior to kick off.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

3 minutes ago, Samdog3554 said:

could the result of this see the first coaches departure?

Don't think that if any off those teams finished in the bottom 4 the coaches would lose their jobs.

Heart says Wkre head says Saints. In fact I struggle to see how Wire can win. Saints are a limited side but their strength up front with big plodders gives them enough room elsewhere to stumble over the line. Wire's problems have been up front and while it will be closer than against Wigan and Lejgh, as they are playing weaker opponents, their pack won't give Clark and the rest enough momentum to do damage.

And then FC next week - nought from 7 looks very likely and no Old Trafford in 2017. 

55 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Any Warrington fan out here? I need hindsight on Jullien's situation please.

I think they are all like their team, they have gone into hibernation for the foreseeable future.

Just now, marklaspalmas said:

"momentum rule" bollerks again? Eddie comes across as deliberately stupid.

They've been going on about that rubbish for 27 years . And Eddie is never gonna get any letters complaining about his pointed opinions 

Archived